- Volume 6 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Difference between Dementia Policy Perception, Dementia Knowledge, Dementia Attitude and Dementia Prevention Behavior according to the General Characteristics of Middle-aged
중년층의 일반적 특성에 따른 치매정책인식, 치매지식, 치매태도 및 치매예방행위 차이분석
- Received : 2020.06.28
- Accepted : 2020.08.14
- Published : 2020.08.31
The purpose of this study is to analysis of the difference between dementia policy perception, dementia knowledge, dementia attitude and dementia prevention behavior of middle-aged. The subjects were 217 middle-aged in their 40 to 64 years old who lived in D and G cities. The mean sore of were dementia policy perception 75.42±8.52, dementia knowledge 8.71±1.90, dementia attitude 28.55±5.10, dementia prevention behavior 27.04±3.35. Dementia knowledge were significant differences in gender, number of diseases, source of dementia information. Dementia attitudes were significant differences in gender, age, education, dementia in family, dementia living together, job status, early examination, source of dementia information. Dementia prevention behavior were significant difference in dementia living together and early examination. The most category of dementia prevention behavior was 'cigarette smoking(Inverse question)', and blood pressure and diabetes management' were the lowest. Therefore, development of a professional and systematic dementia education program to raise the awareness of dementia policy among middle-aged adults and form the right dementia knowledge and positive dementia attitude. Development of customized dementia prevention behavior programs to maintain cognitive activities, social activities, proper eating habits, and health care is needed.
- Seo YS, A Study on Middle Aged Men and Women's Health Behavior and Health Status. Social Welfare Review, 15, 35-51, 2010.
- National Health Insurance Service. Available from: https://www.nhis.or.kr/bbs7/boards/B0163/15111 [cited 2015 September 23]
- Kim JA, Ko JK, Moon SN, Dementia Knowledge and Related Factors in Middle-aged Adults. Korean Society of Adult Nursing, 18(2), 293-303, 2006.
- Lee YJ, A Srudy on the Dementia Attitude and Depression of Residents in a Community. Society of Occupational Therapy for the aged Dementia, 13(1), 43-49, 2019.
- Kim HJ, Jung DY, A Study of Cognitive Impairment, Knowledge and Attitudes about Dementia among Community-dwelling Older Adults. The Korean Gerontological Society, 35(3), 731-749, 2015.
- Yong MH, Kim EJ, Yang YA, A Study on the Knowledge of Families with Demented Elderly Persons for Dementia. Korean Aging Friendlly Industry Association, 2(2), 41-50, 2010.
- Moon JH, Cho IJ, Knowledge of and Attitudes toward Dementia among Middle-aged People. Humanities and Social Science Research, 18(1), 407-433, 2017.
- Park MJ, Oh DN, Moon HK, A Study on Dementia Related Attitudes of the Middle Aged and Their Dementia Preventive Behaviors. International Journal of Contents, 18(4), 653-663, 2018. http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2018.18.04.653
- Sun Woo HM, Knowledge, attitude, and preventive behavior on dementia among community older adults. Unpublished [master's thesis]. Hanyang University, Seoul: 2014.
- Reema T, Adepu R, Sabin T, Impact of clinical pharmacist intervention on knowledge, attitude and practice (kap) of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Science, 2(4), 54-57, 2010.
- National Institute of Dementia. National Institute of Dementia Annual Report 2018. Available from: https://www.nid.or.kr/info/dataroom_view.aspx?bid=183 [cited 2019 February 01]
- National Institute of Dementia. Dementia Dictionary. Available from: https://www.nid.or.kr/info/diction_list3.aspx?gubun=0302 [cited 2017 January 01]
- Lee JH, Lee EH, Study of the Factors affecting Behaviors for the Promotion of Dementia Prevention. Korean Comparative Government Review, 20(3), 89-117, 2016. https://doi.org/10.18397/KCGR.2016.20.3.89
- Lee EJ, Jo MK, A Study on Perception of and Attitude toward Dementia and Depression of Residents in a Community, Journal of East-West Nursing Research, 23(2), 180-189, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.14370/jewnr.2017.23.2.180 https://doi.org/10.14370/jewnr.2017.23.2.180
- Jung DU, Kim HJ, Baek SJ, Lee YH, Lee Ek, etc, Aging and Health. Seoul: Hyeonmunsa, p3. 2020.
- Kwon BI, A Study on the recognition and attitude of college students toward the aged with dementia in Chung Cheong Buk - Do. Unpublished [master's thesis]. Cheongju University, Cheongju: 2008.
- Oh MJ, The study on the understanding of dementia in Korean society. Unpublished [master's thesis]. Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul: 2002.
- Han JS, Study on the relation between recognition and attitude about dementia. Unpublished [master's thesis]. Chosun University, Gwangju: 2004.
- Kang HK, Knowledge and attitude od dementia - For some professional soldiers -. Unpublished [master's thesis]. Hanyang University, Seoul: 2010.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. Available from: http://www.mohw.go.kr/react/al/sal0301vw.jsp?PAR_MENU_ID=04&MENU_ID=0403&BOARD_ID=140&BOARD_FLAG=00&CONT_SEQ=45452&page=1 [cited 2008 September 19]
- Cho HO, The study on the Knowledge and attitude of citizen about dementia. Unpublished [master's thesis]. Hanyang University, Seoul: 1999.
- Lee YW, Woo SM, Kim OR, Lee SY, Im HB, Relationships between Dementia Knowledge, Attitude, Self-Efficacy, and Preventive Behavior among Low Income Middle-Aged Women. Korean Society of Adult nursing, 21(6), 617-627, 2009.
- Lee SE, Casado, BL, Attitudes toward community services use in Dementia care among Korean Americans. Clinical Gerontologist, 34(4), 271-286, 2011.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. Dementia management system Available from: http://www.mohw.go.kr/react/al/sal0301vw.jsp?P AR_MENU_ID=13&MENU_ID=1310&CONT_SE Q=350065 [cited 2019 July 08]
- Park AY, A Study of Knowledge about Dementia, Empathy and Attitudes toward Dementia in Caregivers of Older Adults with Dementia. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(1), 389-397, 2018. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2018.16.1.389 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2018.16.1.389
- Jo IJ, Lifestyle behaviors for the prevention of Alzheimer's disease in middle-aged and older adults. The Journal of Humanities and Social science, 10(2), 455-468, 2019. http://dx.doi.org/10.22143/HSS22.214.171.124
- Lee YH, The study on Relationship between Perception for Dementia and Health Promotion Behavior among Middle and Old-aged people. Unpublished [master's thesis]. Hanyang University, Seoul: 2011.
- Kang CM, Kim JS, Jeong JH, Factors Influencing Quality of Caregiving by Caregivers for Elders with Dementia. Journal Korean Acad Community Health Nurs, 27(3), 193-201, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2016.27.3.193