- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of a Mediating Effect of Job Satisfaction on the Relationship between Education and Training of Female Managers and Life Satisfaction
여성 관리자의 교육훈련과 삶의 만족의 관계에서 직무만족의 매개효과 분석
- Song, Youngsook (Division of Barid General Education, Soongsil University)
- 송영숙 (숭실대학교 베어드교양대학)
- Received : 2019.10.10
- Accepted : 2020.02.07
- Published : 2020.02.29
The purposes of this study were to examine the relationships between education and training, job satisfaction, and life satisfaction for female managers and to analyze the mediating effect of job satisfaction on the relationship between education and training and life satisfaction. Statistical analysis was conducted on a total of 1,381 female managers using the data from the 6th Korean Women Manager Panel Survey. The results of the study were as follows. First, education and training had a significant positive impact on job satisfaction. Second, education and training had a significant positive impact on life satisfaction. Third, job satisfaction had a significant positive impact on life satisfaction. Fourth, job satisfaction had a partial mediating effect on the relationship between education and training and life satisfaction. Additional research on education, job satisfaction, and life relations of female workers is needed. In order to establish a virtuous cycle of education and training, work, and life for female managers, related government policies and systems need to be improved.
- A. S. Masten, M_J. J. Reed "Resilience in development", In c. R. Snyder, S. Lopez(Eds.), Handbook of Positive Psychology, p.829, Oxford University Press, 2002, pp.74-88.
- L. Nadler, Z. Nadler, The Handbook of Human Resource Development, p.832. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1990, pp.1-6.
- J. H. Hwang, K. Y. Kim, "The Effects of training investment on corporate value", Business Management Research, Vol.6, No.2, pp.39-58, Dec 2013.
- Y. Zhang, J. E. Lee, "Effects of training on workers job satisfaction : A case of Chinese state-owned companies", Journal of The Korea Contents Association, Vol.16, No.7, pp.42-29, July 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.07.042
- Y. J. Choi, K. H. Kown, "Effects of characteristics of Human Resource Development on employee job satisfaction and happiness: Some evidence from Korean post business", Korean Corporation Management Review, Vol.22, No.5, pp.327-349, Oct. 2015.
- Y. S. Kim, "A study on effects of customer contact staff of service training on job satisfaction and organizational loyalty", Journal of Service Research and Studies, Vol.7, No.1, March 2017. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18807/jsrs.2017.7.1.053
- N. H. Kwak, T. Tsedendash, S. I. Chang, "A study on the effect of education and training of small businesses on improving job satisfaction and job performance", Industry Promotion Research, Vol.1, No.2, pp.19-25, July 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21186/IPR.2016.1.2.019
- Y. M. Lee, S. Y. Lee, "The effects of human resources system on employees' job satisfaction and organizational commitment in corporations", Journal of Corporate Education, Vol.10, No.2, pp.59-78, 2008.
- Y. T. Lee, "A study on the influence of job performance with HRD on job satisfaction and organizational commitment", Journal of Human Resource Management Research, Vol.14, No.2, pp.143-160, 2017.
- H. K. Lee, T. Tsedendash, S. I. Chang, " A study on the effect of tax account office female workers' education and training on job performance", Industry Promotion Research, Vol.1, No.2, pp.33-39, July 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21186/IPR.2016.1.2.033
- S. W. Schmidt, "The relationship between satisfaction with workplace training and overall job satisfaction", Human Resource Development Quarterly, Vol.18, No.4, pp.481-498, 2007.
- J. Ayres, J. M. Malouff, "Problem-solving training to help workers increase positive affect, job satisfaction, and life satisfaction", European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology, Vol.16, No.3, pp.279-294, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/13594320701391804
- K. S. Kim, K. M. Kim, K. S. Kim, "Structural model analysis on the influences of work environments and work life of childhood education teachers", The journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, Vol.19, No.1, pp.251-268, 2014.
- J. G. Don, T. H. Kim, "The causal relationship between job satisfaction and the life satisfaction of local government employees", The Korean Journal of Local Government Studies, Vol.11, No.3, pp.7-34, 2007.
- H. S. Chung, S. M. Cho, "The effects of organizational culture, leadership competency, and means of influence on life satisfaction of female managers-Focused on the mediation effect of job satisfaction", Journal of Korean social welfare administration, Vol.21, No.2, pp.141-169, May 2019. https://doi.org/10.22944/KSWA.2019.21.2.006