- Volume 24 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
HALL EFFECTS ON HYDROMAGNETIC NATURAL CONVECTION FLOW IN A VERTICAL MICRO-POROUS-CHANNEL WITH INJECTION/SUCTION
- BHASKAR, P. (RESEARCH SCHOLAR, DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, SHRI VENKATESHWARA UNIVERSITY) ;
- VENKATESWARLU, M. (DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, V. R. SIDDHARTHA ENGINEERING COLLEGE)
- Received : 2019.11.06
- Accepted : 2020.03.06
- Published : 2020.03.25
In this work, the hydromagnetic and thermal characteristics of natural convection flow in a vertical parallel plate micro-porous-channel with suction/injection is analytically studied in the presence of Hall current by taking the temperature jump and the velocity slip at the wall into account. The governing equations, exhibiting the physics of the flow formation are displayed and the exact analytical solutions have been obtained for momentum and energy equations under relevant boundary conditions. The impact of distinct admissible parameters such as Hartmann number, Hall current parameter, permeability parameter, suction/injection parameter, fluid wall interaction parameter, Knudsen number and wall-ambient temperature ratio on the flow formation is discussed with the aid of line graphs. In particular, as rarefaction parameter on the micro-porous-channel surfaces increases, the fluid velocity increases and the volume flow rate decreases for injection/suction.
- S. A. Al-Sanea: Mixed convection heat transfer along a continuously moving heated vertical plate with suction or injection, Int J Heat Mass Transfer, 47 (2004), 1445-1465. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2003.09.016
- M. Venkateswarlu, D. Venkata Lakshmi and O. D. Makinde: Thermodynamics analysis of Hall current and Soret number on hydromagnetic couette flow in a rotating system with a convective boundary condition, Heat Transfer Research, 51 (2020), 83-101. https://doi.org/10.1615/HeatTransRes.2019027139
- O. D. Makinde and T. Chinyoka: Analysis of unsteady flow of a variable viscosity reactive fluid in a slit with wall suction or injection, J Petrol Sci Eng, 94 (2012), 1-11.
- M. Venkateswarlu, R. Vasu Babu and S. K. Mohiddin Shaw: Dufour and heat source effects on radiative MHD slip flow of a viscous fluid in a parallel porous plate channel in presence of chemical reaction, J. Korean Soc. Ind. Appl. Math, 21 (2017), 245-275.
- L. Rundora and O. D. Makinde: Effect of suction/injection on unsteady reactive variable viscosity non-Newtonian fluid flow in a channel filled with porous medium and convective boundary conditions, J Petrol Sci Eng, 108 (2013), 328-35. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.petrol.2013.05.010
- M. Venkateswarlu, G. V. Ramana Reddy and D. V. Lakshmi: Effects of chemical reaction and heat generation on MHD boundary layer flow of a moving vertical plate with suction and dissipation, Engineering International, 1 (2013), 27-38. https://doi.org/10.18034/ei.v1i1.215
- B. K. Jha, B. Aina and S. B. Joseph: Natural convection flow in vertical micro-channel with suction/injection, J. Process Mech. Eng, 228 (2014), 171-180. https://doi.org/10.1177/0954408913492719
- B. K. Jha, B. Aina and A. T. Ajiya: Role of suction/injection on MHD natural convection flow in a vertical microchannel, Int. J. Energy Technol, 7 (2015), 30-39.
- M. Venkateswarlu, O. D. Makinde and D. V. Lakshmi: Influence of thermal radiation and heat generation on steady hydromagnetic flow in a vertical micro-porous-channel in presence of suction/injection, Journal of Nanofluids, 8 (2019), 1010-1019.
- T. Hayat and Z. Abbas: Effects of Hall current and heat transfer on the flow in a porous medium with slip condition, J. Porous Media, 10 (2007), 35-50. https://doi.org/10.1615/JPorMedia.v10.i1.30
- M. Venkateswarlu, M. Prameela and O. D. Makinde: Influence of heat generation and viscous dissipation on hydromagnetic fully developed natural convection flow in a vertical micro-channel, Journal of Nanofluids, 8 (2019), 1506-1516. https://doi.org/10.1166/jon.2019.1692
- M. Venkateswarlu, P. Bhaskar and D. Venkata Lakshmi: Soret and Dufour Effects on radiative hydromagnetic flow of a chemically reacting fluid over an exponentially accelerated inclined porous plate in presence of heat absorption and viscous dissipation, J. Korean Soc. Ind. Appl. Math, 23 (2019), 157-178.
- O. Anwar Beg, L. Sim, J. Zueco and R. Bhargava: Numerical study of magnetohydrodynamic viscous plasma flow in rotating porous media with Hall currents and inclined magnetic field influence, Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 15 (2010), 345-359. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cnsns.2009.04.008
- M. Venkateswarlu, G. Upender Reddy and D. Venkata Lakshmi: Influence of Hall current and heat source on MHD flow of a rotating fluid in a parallel porous plate channel, J. Korean Soc. Ind. Appl. Math, 22 (2018), 217-239.
- N. Ghara, M. Guria and R. N. Jana: Hall Effect on oscillating flow due to eccentrically rotating porous disk and a fluid at infinity, Meccanica, 47 (2012), 557-571. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11012-011-9468-3
- M. Venkateswarlu and P. Padma: Unsteady MHD free convective heat and mass transfer in a boundary layer flow past a vertical permeable plate with thermal radiation and chemical reaction, Procedia Engineering, 127 (2015), 791-799. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2015.11.414
- R. S. Tripathy, G. C. Dash, S. R. Mishra and S. Baag: Chemical reaction effect on MHD free convective surface over a moving vertical plate through porous medium, Alexandria Engineering Journal, 54 (2015), 673-679. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aej.2015.04.012
- M. Venkateswarlu, D. Venkata Lakshmi and G. Darmaiah: Influence of slip condition on radiative MHD flow of a viscous fluid in a parallel porous plate channel in presence of heat absorption and chemical reaction, J. Korean Soc. Ind. Appl. Math, 20 (2016), 333-354.
- B. K. Jha and B. Aina:Magnetohydrodynamic natural convection flow in a vertical micro-porous-annulus in the presence of radial magnetic field, Journal of Nanofluids, 5 (2016), 292-301. https://doi.org/10.1166/jon.2016.1204
- M. Venkateswarlu and M. Phani kumar: Soret and heat source effects on MHD flow of a viscous fluid in a parallel porous plate channel in presence of slip condition, U. P. B. Sci. Bull., Series D: Mechanical Engineering, 79 (2017), 171-186.
- B. K. Jha and B. Aina: MHD natural convection flow in a vertical porous micro-channel formed by non-conducting and conducting plates in the presence of induced magnetic field, Heat Transfer Research, 48 (2017), 1-24. https://doi.org/10.1615/HeatTransRes.2016010225
- M. Venkateswarlu, O. D. Makinde and P. Rami Reddy: Influence of Hall current and thermal diffusion on radiative hydromagnetic flow of a rotating fluid in presence of heat absorption, Journal of Nanofluids, 8 (2019), 756-766. https://doi.org/10.1166/jon.2019.1638
- B. K. Jha, P. B. Malgwi and B. Aina: Hall effects on MHD natural convection flow in a vertical micro-channel, Alexandria Engineering Journal, 57 (2018), 983-993. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aej.2017.01.038
- R. Goniak and G. Duffa: Corrective term in wall slip equations for Knudsen layer, J Thermophys Heat Transfer, 9 (1995), 383-384. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.677
- E. R. G. Eckert and Jr. R. M. Drake: Analysis of Heat and Mass Transfer, Mcgraw-Hill, New York 1972.