- Volume 24 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Learner Characteristics in Virtual Reality by a School Level Curriculum
가상현실 교육에서 학교 급별 교육과정의 특성에 대한 연구
- Nam, Choong Mo (Jeju National University Graduate School) ;
- Kim, Chong Woo (Major in Elementary Computer Education) ;
- Hong, Kyoung sun (Major in Elementary English Education) ;
- Cho, Chino (Major in Elementary Music Education) ;
- Hong, Joo hee (Major in Elementary Music Education)
- Received : 2020.02.09
- Accepted : 2020.02.13
- Published : 2020.02.28
To maximize educational effect with new educational methods in the 4th Industrial Revolution era, immersive education has become the core type of education and virtual reality (VR) is at the center of realistic content. VR education is increasing in school, but researches on VR production education are insufficient. Our study has proposed a school-level curriculum for students to create their own VR content. The output and the survey results were analyzed to find out the learner characteristics of elementary school students, middle school students, and pre-service teachers at each school level. As a result, there were some noticeable differences in concentration, content subject, and production time according to school level. Primary school students focused on their subjects, middle school students related to learning, and pre-service teachers put top priority on contents useful for primary education.
4차 산업혁명 시대의 교육방법과 함께 교육효과를 극대화하기 위한 방법으로 실감형 콘텐츠가 교육의 핵심방법으로 자리 잡고 있다. 그리고 실감형 콘텐츠의 중심에 가상현실(VR)이 자리 잡고 있다. 학교 현장에서 가상현실 활용 교육은 늘어나고 있지만, 가상현실 제작 교육에 관한 연구가 미비한 실정이다. 본 연구는 학생이 가상현실 콘텐츠를 직접 제작하는 과정을 위한 학교 급별 교육과정을 제시하였다. 초등학생, 중학생, 예비교사들의 특성의 분석을 위해 산출물과 설문지 분석을 하였다. 연구 결과로 학교 급별에 따라 집중도, 콘텐츠의 주제, 제작 시간 등은 많은 차이가 나타났으며, 초등학생은 자기와 관련된 주제, 중학생은 학습과 관련, 예비교사들은 초등 교육에 유용한 내용을 우선적으로 생각하였다.
Supported by : 제주대학교
- Chan Park. Byeongsuk Kim, Jungmin Kim.(2017). Coding-controlled virtual reality projects. Da Vinci Books publish co.
- ChoongMo Nam, ChongWoo Kim(2017). A Study on Development of Virtual Reality Contents Production for Elementary Students, Preceding of The Korea Association of Information Education, 8(2), 113-119.
- ChoongMo Nam, ChongWoo Kim(2017). A Study on the Implementation of Virtual Reality Content Production Project for Students with Information Gifted Students, Preceding of The Korea Association of Information Education, 8(3), 71-79.
- ChoongMo Nam, ChongWoo Kim(2018). Analysis on Instruction Design and Learning Motivation for Pre-Service Teachers' Cospace Education, Journal of The Korea Association of Information Education, 22(4), 501-508. https://doi.org/10.14352/jkaie.2018.22.4.501
- Cospaces(2020), Retrieved from https://cospaces.io/edu/
- Donghoon Jeing(2017). Virtual Reality Concept Dictionary. 21arte publishing co.
- Gear 360(2019), https://news.samsung.com/kr
- JaeGeol Jeong(2017). Virtual reality and education in the age of artificial intelligence. Social thought and cultural journals, 20(1), 191-218. https://doi.org/10.17207/jstc.2017.03.20.1.191
- Im, Hee-joo(2019), A study on the application of VR in the general English classes, Korean Journal of General Education, 13(5), 349-369.
- Jonathan Linowes, Matt Scheon(2017). Android card board Virtual Reality project. Acorn publishing co.
- Kyoungtai Kim(2019), The Development of Teaching Materials in Korean Music Creation Class, Korean Journal of Research in Music Education 48(4), 1-24.
- Lyu Geun Ung(2003), Teaching with the Internet PBL for Elementary Music Class, Korean Journal of Research in Music Education 25(0), 1-15.
- Mi Sook Kim(2012), A Prospect on Concept Mapping for Learning of Music Elements, Korean Journal of Research in Music Education 41(2), 67-100.
- MinHwa Lee and seven others(2017). Speak a virtual reality. Cloudbooks publish co.
- Seung Jun Lee, Seon Min Kim, Woo Jang Woo, Kim Kwang(2017). Virtual Reality. Miraebook publish co.
- Wontaek Beom, Jayoung Kim, Namju Kim(2019), Policy Trends and Case Analysis of Realistic Educational Contents Using VR.AR. National IT Industry Promotion Agency.
- YoungHoon Sung, YoungSik Jeong(2018). A Design for Virtual Reality Contents Creation Education Platform for Improving Computational Thinking. Journal of The Korea Association of Information Education, 9(1), 171-178.
- YoungSu Lee(2017). A Study on Documentary Storytelling in Virtual Reality Platform. Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 17(3), 523-531. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.03.523