- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Preliminary issues and suggestions for promoting telemedicine: mainly in Japan
원격의료 추진을 위한 선결과제 및 시사점: 일본을 중심으로
- Kwon, Ju-Young (Division of Health Medical Administration, Busan Kyungsang College)
- 권주영 (부산경상대학교 보건의료행정과)
- Received : 2020.10.23
- Accepted : 2020.12.20
- Published : 2020.12.28
In the post-corona era, telemedicine is becoming more important. This is the case in which it is written, in terms of this study, and in relation to the relationship between the Koreans and the Korean government. In addition, the aim is to prepare effective measures and seek policy suggestions for expanding the introduction of domestic telemedicine in the future. Although Japan has insisted on the necessity of introducing telemedicine in the medical community, it has institutionalized it with a cautious attitude until the establishment of telemedicine. On the other hand, South Korea lacks clear provisions on medical fees for telemedicine and legal measures regarding the responsibility for medical malpractice. Therefore, a clear legal interpretation of the telemedicine subject is needed, and a strategic approach is prioritized, including guidelines and measures for the legal responsibilities and limitations of physicians and patients.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. (2014). Doctor-Patient telemedicine model project started at the end of September. https://www.mohw.go.kr/react/al/sal0301vw.jsp?PAR_MENU_ID=04&MENU_ID=0403&SEARCHKEY=&SEARCHVALUE=&page=1&CONT_SEQ=305090
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. (2016). Realized public medical care for telemedicine, satisfied 83-88%, and confirmed clinical effectiveness. http://www.mohw.go.kr/react/al/sal0301vw.jsp?PAR_MENU_ID=04&MENU_ID=0403&page=1&CONT_SEQ=329739
- M. E. Ahn & G. H. Choi. (2009). A developmental process of telemedicine, e-health & u-health. J Korean Med Assoc. 52, 1131-1140. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2009.52.12.1131
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. (2020). Telephone consultation, prescription and temporary prescription permission guide. http://www.mohw.go.kr/react/al/sal0101vw.jsp?PAR_MENU_ID=04&MENU_ID=040101&page=1&CONT_SEQ=353269
- J. Y. Kim. (2020). Virtual Health in Korea and Abroad: Ushering in the Next Frontier of Healthcare. Korea Institute of S&T Evaluation and Planning. https://www.kistep.re.kr/getFileDown.jsp?fileIdx=12045&contentIdx=14001&tbIdx=BRD_BOARD
- J. S. Kim., S. H. Oh & S. Y. Kim. (2015). A study on the current status of policies for telemedicine. Seoul: Research Institute for Healthcare Policy, Korean Medical Association.
- J. S. Kim & S. H. Oh. (2018). A Comparative Analysis on Current Status of Telemedicine Policy: Focused on United States, Japan, Korea. Korean Health Economic Review, 24(1), 1-35.
- H. Y. Morita. (2013). Social background of telemedicine. Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine Comprehensive Pathology. http://jtta.umin.jp/pdf/telemedicine/telemedicine_in_japan_20131015-2_jp.pdf
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare. (2019). Opinions on the 119th Social Security Council Medical Insurance Subcommittee. https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/12401000/000551583.pdf
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare. (2019). About the history of medical treatment using information and communication equipment. https://www.mhlw.go.jp/file/05-Shingikai-10801000-Iseikyoku-Soumuka/0000193828_1.pdf
- Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications. (2020). Telemedicine Model Reference Book-Online Medical Edition-. https://www.soumu.go.jp/main_content/000688635.pdf
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare. (2015). About medical treatment using information and communication equipment so-called telemedicine. https://www.mhlw.go.jp/web/t_doc?dataId=00ta6488&dataType=1&pageNo=1
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare. (2019). Guidelines for proper implementation of online medical care. https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/000534254.pdf
- M. Mitsunobu. (2019). Telemedicine Possibility and Future-Online Free Medical Care and Utilization of AI-. https://arc.asahi-kasei.co.jp/report/arc_report/pdf/rs-1040.pdf
- Y. Maeda. (2020). Summary of the current status of online medical care. JMA Research Essay. 80.
- E. Tobita. (2020), Current status and prospects of online medical care. The Japan Research Institute Limited. 44.
- I. Satoshi. (2018). Current status and issues of online medical care. Japan Medical Association. https://www8.cao.go.jp/kisei-kaikaku/suishin/meeting/discussion/180327/180327discussion03.pdf
- M. Masamichi. (2018). Telemedicine and its problems. http://dl.med.or.jp/dl-med/doctor/member/kiso/b11.pdf
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare. (2017). Guidelines for safety management of medical information systems. https://www.mhlw.go.jp/file/05-Shingikai-12601000-Seisakutoukatsukan-Sanjikanshitsu_Shakaihoshoutantou/0000166260.pdf
- Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications. (2018). Information security measures guidelines for ASP / SaaS. Study Group on Information Security Measures for ASP / SaaS. https://www.mhlw.go.jp/shingi/2008/07/dl/s0730-18l.pdf
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. (2012). Guidelines for information processing companies that manage medical information on a contract basis. https://www.meti.go.jp/policy/it_policy/privacy/iryouglv2.pdf
- J. h. Park. (2020). Examples of telemedicine utilization in major countries by Corona 19. 504. http://www.kiri.or.kr/report/downloadFile.do?docId=5897.
- Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications. (2020). Survey report on the implementation of doctor-to-doctor telemedicine. https://www.soumu.go.jp/main_content/000699422.pdf
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare. (2020). About timely and special handling such as medical treatment using telephone and information communication equipment when the new coronavirus infection spreads. https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/000620995.pdf
- M. Shinsuke. (2017). Online medical system to connect doctors and patients for better healthcare. History of medicine. 263(7), 608-612.
- S. Y. Song. (2015). A Study on consumer protection of u-Health service. Chungbuk: Korea Consumer Agency. 14(10).
- J. K. Kim. (2016). Physicians-Issues and future challenges in introducing telemedicine between patients. National Assembly Research Service. file:///C:/Users/MTPC4-06/Downloads/fileDownload2%20(2).pdf
- It has excellent telemedicine and medical access, and is not suitable for South Korea. (2018. 8. 9). Asian Economic Column. http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2018080908361819650