- Volume 21 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Meta-analysis of variables related to Empowerment of social workers
사회복지사의 임파워먼트와 관련된 변인에 관한 메타분석
- Lee, Jung-Gun (Business School, SoGang University)
- 이정건 (서강대학교 경영전문대학원)
- Received : 2020.09.24
- Accepted : 2020.12.04
- Published : 2020.12.31
The purpose of this study is to reveal the magnitude of the correlation effect between variables related to empowerment of social workers. To this end, 30 studies published in Korea were analyzed through meta-analysis. The results are as follows. First, the overall effect size of the variable group was the median effect size; the job-related positive variables showed the largest effect size among the variable groups, and then came the organization-related variables, the personal psychology-related variables, the job-related negative variables, and the personal background variables in that order. Second, among the factors related to personal background variables, all factors except position were found to have a small effect size, or close to a small effect size. Self-esteem, which is an individual psychologically related variable, showed a medium effect size close to a large effect size. Among the organizationally related variables, organizational commitment and transformational leadership showed a large effect size, and organization culture showed a medium effect size. In addition, job satisfaction, which is a positive job-related variable, showed a large effect size, while burnout from job-related negative variables showed a large effect size, and turnover intention showed a medium effect size.
본 연구는 사회복지사의 임파워먼트와 관련된 변인들 간의 상관관계 효과 크기를 밝히는 것에 목적을 두고 있다. 이를 위하여 국내에서 출간된 석·박사 학위논문 22편과 학술지 논문 8편 총 30편을 선정하여 메타분석을 통해 분석하였다. 연구 결과는 다음과 같다. 첫째, 변인군 전체효과 크기는 중간효과크기를 나타냈고, 변인군 별 효과크기는 직무관련 긍정변인군이 가장 큰 효과크기를 보였고, 그다음 조직관련변인군, 개인관련심리변인군, 직무관련부정변인군, 개인배경 관련변인군 순으로 나타났다. 둘째, 변인군 별 하위변인 효과크기는 개인배경관련변인군 가운데 중간효과크기를 보인 직위를 제외한 모든 요인들이 작은효과크기 또는 작은효과크기에 가까운 것으로 나타났다. 개인심리관련변인군인 자아존중감은 큰효과크기에 가까운 중간효과크기를 보인 것으로 나타났으며, 조직관련변인군 중 조직몰입과 변혁적리더십은 큰효과크기를, 조직문화는 중간효과크기를 가진 것으로 나타났다. 또한 직무관련긍정변인군인 직무만족은 큰효과크기를 보인 것으로 나타났고 직무관련부정변인군 중 소진은 큰효과크기를, 이직의도는 중간효과크기를 가진 것으로 나타났다. 결론적으로 본 연구는 사회복지사의 임파워먼트와 관련하여 선행된 연구들을 통합적으로 정리하여 객관적 결과를 살피기 위한 수량적 통합을 시도했다는데 의의가 있으며, 연구결과를 통해 사회복지사의 임파워먼트 향상을 위한 정책수립 및 프로그램 개발에 기초적 자료를 제공하며 미래연구방향에 대한 시사점과 후속연구를 위한 방향을 제언하였다는데 의의가 있다.
- J. Y. Lee, K. H. Youn, "Study on the Determinants of Service Quality of Social Worker in the Social Welfare Center", Korean Journal of Care Management, Vol.28, pp.29-56, 2018. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.22589/kaocm.2018.28.29
- M. J. Kim, "A Study on the Factors Affecting the Service Quality of Private Commissioned Social Welfare Centers", Ph.D dissertation, Dankook University, 2012.
- Y. H. Park, "Effect of Social Worker's Professional Competence on Job Satisfaction and Service Quality", The Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences 21, Vol.9, No.6, pp.1353-1367, 2018. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.22143/HSS220.127.116.11
- S. H. Eom, "A Study on the Influence Factors on the Organizational Commitment of Social Workers: Focusing on the comparison between regular social workers and atypical social workers", Ph.D dissertation, Mokwon University, 2020.
- J. M. Jang, "Social capital department of social worker at local children's center The effect of professional identity on service quality; Focusing on the mediating effect of empowerment", Ph.D dissertation, Seoul Christain University, 2020.
- J. H. Bae, "The effect of organizational on-the-job training on social workers' empowerment: Focusing on the mediating effect of perception of nurses, collaboration", Korean Journal of Social Welfare Research, Vol.37, pp.1-20, 2013. http://scholar.dkyobobook.co.kr.openlink.ssu.ac.kr:8080/searchDetail.laf?barcode=4010025895792
- M. H. Kawk, S. H. Seo, "Influences of Empowerment and Perception on Organizational Justice of Members in Social Welfare Organization Upon Organizational Commitment and Job Performance", Journal of Social Science, Vol.27, No.2, pp.133-154, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.16881/jss.2016.04.27.2.133
- B. L. Rho, "The Effect of social worker's job environment and empowerment on organizational commitment", Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol.9, No.12, pp.1101-1109, 2019. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.35873/ajmahs.2019.9.12.096
- G. Lorraine, G. M. Linnea, "The organizational context of empowerment practice: Implications for social work administration", Social Work, Vol.40, No.2, pp.249-258, 1995. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/sw/40.2.249
- G. M. Spreitzer, "Psychological empowerment in the workplace: Dimensions, measurement and validation", Academy on Management Journal, Vol.38, No.5, pp.1442-1465, 1995. https://www.jstor.org/stable/256865 https://doi.org/10.2307/256865
- H. R. Jang, H. J. Kim, "The Effect of Empowerment on the Burnout and Organizational Commitment of Social Worker", Journal of Human Resource Management Research, Vol.22, No.5, pp.93-110, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14396/jhrmr.2015.22.5.93
- H. J. Kim, H. R. Jang, "Social worker's empowerment Influence on turnover intention", Korean Public Personnel Administration Review, Vol.14, No.3, pp.167-190, 2015. http://scholar.dkyobobook.co.kr.openlink.ssu.ac.kr:8080/searchDetail.laf?barcode=4010024726402
- E. J. Jo, H. H. Im, "The Mediating Effect of Job Satisfaction between Psychiatric Social Worker's Empowerment and Job Characteristics", Social Science Research Review, Vol.25, No.4, pp.323-345, 2009. http://www.dbpia.co.kr.openlink.ssu.ac.kr:8080/pdf/pdfView.do?nodeId=NODE01518860
- J. Y. Hong, "The Relationship of Medical Social Worker's Values, Knowledge, Skills and Empowerment: Focused on the Moderating Effect of Interpersonal Communication Competence", Ph.D dissertation, Catholic University, 2014.
- T. R. Kim, "The Effect of Transformational Leadership Perceived by Social Workers on Organizational Effectiveness: The Mediating Effects of Organizational Culture and Empowerment", Ph.D dissertation, Daegu Catholic University, 2020.
- D, K. Moon, "A Meta-analysis of The Factors Related to Bullying Damage Experience of Adolescent", Journal of The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.21, No.1, pp.685-697, 2020. http://www.dbpia.co.kr/journal/articleDetail?nodeId=NODE09299628
- P, S. Noh, H. M. Yoon, "A Meta-Regression Analysis on Related Variables of Social Workers" Burnout: Focused on Risk and Protective Factors", Journal of the Korean Society of Social Welfare, Vol.2014, No.10, pp.387-417, 2014. http://www.dbpia.co.kr/journal/articleDetail?nodeId=NODE09352078
- H. E. Nam, H. M. Jin, J. W. Baik, "Meta Analysis of Social Worker's Factor of Burnout", Korea Academy Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol.16, No2, pp.1045-1053, 2015. http://www.dbpia.co.kr/journal/articleDetail?nodeId=NODE07214052
- H. M. Jin, B. S. Park, "A Meta-Analysis on the Variables Related with Job Satisfaction of Social Workers", Korean Journal of Social Welfare, Vol.65, No3, pp.107-130, 2013. http://www.dbpia.co.kr/journal/articleDetail?nodeId=NODE07237254 https://doi.org/10.20970/kasw.2013.65.3.005
- D, K. Moon, "A Meta-regression Analysis on Related Protective Variables of social worker's Turnover Intentions", Journal of The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.16, No.11, pp.567-574, 2018. http://www.dbpia.co.kr/journal/articleDetail?nodeId=NODE09299628
- K. Y. Lee, J. H. Lee, S. D. Hwang, "A meta-analysis on the effects of nature-friendly education on young childrens development", The Journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, Vol.23, No.6, pp.329-350, 2018. http://www.dbpia.co.kr/journal/articleDetail?nodeId=NODE07595750 https://doi.org/10.20437/KOAECE23-6-14
- Cohen, J., "Statistical Power Analysis for The Behavioral Sciences(2nd ed.)". Hillsdale, NJ; Erlbaum, 1988.
- S. W. Chae, J. S. Kim, "A Meta-Analysis on the Correlation Between Attachment to Parents․Teachers․ Peers and School Adjustment", Korean Journal of Counseling, Vol.16, No.4, pp.339-358, 2015. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.16.4.201508.339
- Duval, S. J. & Tweedie, R. L., "Trim and Fill: A Simple Funnel-plot-based Method of Testing and Adjusting for Publication Bias in Meta-analysis", Biometrics, Vol.56, pp. 455-463, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.0006-341X.2000.00455.x
- S. M. Myoung, "Meta-Analysis of the Correlation Effects between Empowerment and Related Factors among Nurses", Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol.23, No.10, pp.157-164, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2018.23.10.157
- M. D. Gang, "A Study on Legal Restriction of Employee's Depositioning", Master's thesis, Hanyang University, 2015.
- L. H. Staples, "Powerful ideas about empowerment", Administration in Social Work, Vol.14, No.2, pp29-42, 1990. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1300/J147v14n02_03
- D. P. Park, "Leadership Styles and Organizational Effectiveness: A meta-analytic approach", Ph.D dissertation, Hanyang University, 2019.
- B. K. Bahn, "The Relationship between Organizational Culture and Productivity", Ph.D dissertation, Gyeongsang National University, 2020.