- Volume 9 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Desktop-LED lighting for Eye Muscle Movement by Adjusting the Light Illuminance and Color Temperature
- Kim, Byoung-Chul (Department of Applied IT and Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Seon-Jong (Department of Applied IT and Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Joo-Man (Department of Applied IT and Engineering, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2020.12.02
- Accepted : 2020.12.07
- Published : 2020.12.31
In this paper, we propose the design and implementation of a desktop LED stand and smart app that automatically adjusts color temperature and illuminance for optimal brightness and eye health by improving the structural problem of the LED stand. It is a tabletop LED stand that supports optimal brightness through color temperature control and heat transfer through infrared LED to relieve eye strain through blood circulation and muscle movement. The LED stand works with the smartphone to automatically adjust the optimal brightness and color temperature for the user's environment. In addition, the brightness of the infrared LED is adjusted to a living frequency of 4Hz to relax the eye muscles and reduce eye strain. This study implemented an effective measured data-based system of previous studies through the color temperature and illumination of LED lighting, and near-infrared rays, and presented meaningful results by conducting an experiment to prove the effect through subjects.
- E. Hong, N. Narendran, "A method for prohecting useful lige of LED lighting systems," Proceedings of 3'd International Conference on Solid State Lighting, Vol. 5187, 2004.
- A. Wilkins,J. Veitch and B. Lehman, "LED Lighting Flicker and Potential Health Concerns: IEEE Standard PAR1789 Update," 2010 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, 09, 2010.
- Kyungah Choi and Hyeon-Jeong Suk, "Dynamic lighting system for the learning environment: performance of elementary students," DOI: 10.1364/OE.24.00A907, OPTICS EXPRESS A908, Vol.24, No. 10, 2016 https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.24.00A907
- Lee Jinsook and Kim Soyeon," Research on the influence of Fatigue Evaluation under the Workspace from Correlated Color Temperature and Illuminance of LED Lighting," DOI : 10.17289/jkscs.26.1.201202.45 https://doi.org/10.17289/jkscs.26.1.201202.45
- Y. J. Hong, S. J. Lin and W. B. Lee, "A study on lighting system for LED color temperature control using wireless communication and smartphone," DOI: 10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.11.72 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.11.72
- J. S. Kim, D.C Jung and Y. K. Kim, "A Study on LED Distance Recognition Measure Using Distance Mea surement Correction Algorithm," DOI:10.7236/JIIBC.2017.17.2.63 https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2017.17.2.63
- Yon-Soo Yi and Mi-Kyoung Ha. "A Study on the Psychological Responses by the change of Illuminance and Color temperature in LED," UCI : G704-000249.2012.21.6.027
- E. S. Lee, "The Effect of Hue of Lighting on Affective and Cognitive Response Focused on Relaxation and Attention,", Master's Thesis, Dept. of Industrial Design in KAIST, Dec 2012
- S. H. Shin and H.Y Kim, "Wireless LED Lighting control using the SmartPhone" DOI : 10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.5. 3385 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.5.3385
- T. Q. khan, P. Bodrogi, Q. T. Vinh, H. Winkler, "LED Lighting: Technology and Perception," John Wiley and Sons, ISBN: 978-3-527-41212-9, 2015
- Boong-Joo Lee, "Basic Research on Lighting Design for Learning Effect," DOI: 10.5762/KAIS.2020.21.4.518 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2020.21.4.518
- Jixin Chen, et. el, "Achieving deep-red-to-near-infrared emissions in Sn-doped Cu-In-S/ZnS quantum dots for red-en hanced white LEDs and near-infrared LEDs," DOI : 10.1039/C8NR01981A, Royal Society of Chemistry, 2018 https://doi.org/10.1039/C8NR01981A