- Volume 9 Issue 4
As information and communication technology develops, it brings various benefits to our lives. However, information and communication technology has had various side effects in our lives. Representative side effects include internet addiction, smartphone addiction, copyright violation, personal information infringement, cyber bullying and hacking. Recently, smart phone addiction rate is increasing with the spread of smart devices in Korea. In this study, we analyze the correlation between age group and smartphone addiction. In order to obtain fair and objective results, statistical analysis was performed based on the national statistical data of the National Information Society Agency. The results showed that the infant group and the adult group were correlated with the smartphone addiction rate. In this study, we analyzed the causes of smartphone addiction for different age groups. We also discuss dangers of smartphone addiction for different age groups. In additions, we proposed various ways to prevent and cure smartphone addiction for infants, adults, and senior citizen group. The results of this study are expected to be widely used as a remedy for smartphone addiction and future smartphone addiction research works.
- K.E. Kim and S. Y. Cho, "Analysis of Motivation for Change and Self-regulation Difficulties of Korean College Students Addicted to Smart-phone", The Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 19, No. 23, pp. 1057-1082, 2019, http://dx.doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2019.19.23.1057 https://doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2019.19.23.1057
- H. S. Cho, "A Study on the Solution for the Internet, Smartphone, and Internet Game Addiction of Teenagers", Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol. 26, No. 10, pp. 291-310, 2019, http://dx.doi.org/10.21509/KJYS.2019.10.26.10.291 https://doi.org/10.21509/KJYS.2019.10.26.10.291
- K. N. Lee, and H. H. Kim, "The Relationship of Parent-Child Communication, Loneliness and Interpersonal Problems on Adolescents' Smartphone Addiction", Youth Facilities and Environment, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 27-36, 2019.
- S. J. Lee, "An Analysis on the Mental Health of Adolescent Addicted to Smartphone", Journal of Youth Welfare, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 47-67. 2018, http://dx.doi.org/10.19034/KAYW.2018.20.3.03 https://doi.org/10.19034/KAYW.2018.20.3.03
- S. J. Lee, "The Moderating Effect of Self-esteem, Family Support, Parents-Adolescent Communication on Mental Health of Adolescents' Smartphone Addiction", Social Science Research Review, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 75-95, 2017, http://dx.doi.org/10.18859/ssrr.2017.11.33.4.75 https://doi.org/10.18859/ssrr.2017.11.33.4.75
- 2018 The Survey on Smartphone Overdependence, https://www.nia.or.kr/site/nia_kor/ex/bbs/View.do?cbIdx=65914&bcIdx=20876&parentSeq=20876
- 2017 The Survey on Smartphone Overdependence, https://www.nia.or.kr/site/nia_kor/ex/bbs/View.do?cbIdx=65914&bcIdx=19592&parentSeq=19592
- 2016 The Survey on Smartphone Overdependence, https://www.nia.or.kr/site/nia_kor/ex/bbs/View.do?cbIdx=65914&bcIdx=18390&parentSeq=18390
- 2015 The Survey on Smartphone Overdependence, https://www.nia.or.kr/site/nia_kor/ex/bbs/View.do?cbIdx=65914&bcIdx=17132&parentSeq=17132
- 2014 The Survey on Internet Addiction, https://www.nia.or.kr/site/nia_kor/ex/bbs/View.do?cbIdx=65914&bcIdx=15445&parentSeq=15445
- E. J. Lee, Y. K. Kim, and S. J. Lim, "Factors Influencing Smartphone Addiction in Adolescents", Child Health Nursing Research, Vol. 23, No, 4, pp. 525-533, https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2017.23.4.525 https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2017.23.4.525
- J. Y. Lim, "The Mediation Effect Verification of Narcissistic Personality Traits and Schizophrenic Personality Traits on the Relationship between Smartphone Addiction and Relational Aggression of Middle School Girls", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 16, No. 11, pp. 199-210, 2016, http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.11.199 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.11.199
- J. E. Hwang and J. H. Kim, "The Mediating Effect of Resilience on the Relationship among Smart Phone Addiction, Aggression, and School Adaptation of Adolescents", Korean Journal of Educational Therapist, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 369-384, 2016.
- C. B. Cho, "Smart-phone Addiction and Off-line Delinquency in Adolescence: Focused on the Mediating Effects of On-line Delinquency", Korean Journal of Social Welfare Research, Vol. 55, pp. 317-345, 2017, https://doi.org/10.17997/SWRY.55.1.11. https://doi.org/10.17997/SWRY.55.1.11
- I. K. Seo and Y. S. Lee, "Effects of Adolescents' Motivation for Use of Smart Phone on their Addiction to Smart Phone: Control Effect of Social Support, Journal of Rehabilitation Psychology, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 857-875, 2016.
- H. N. Shin and S. H. Jeong, "The Predictors of Children and Adolescents' Smartphone Addiction", Journal of Cyber Communication Academic Society, Vol. 35, No. 3, pp. 5-50, 2018.
- W. C. Jun, "An Analysis Study on Correlation Between Dual-income Family and Internet Addiction of Children", Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 81-88, 2016, http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2016.04.04
- W. C. Jun, "An Analysis Study on Correlation of Internet Addiction and Smartphone Addiction of Teenagers", in Proc. of 2015 2nd International Conference on Information Science and Security, pp. 1-3, December 14-16, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1109/ICISSEC.2015.7370978 https://doi.org/10.1109/ICISSEC.2015.7370978
- W. C. Jun, "A Study on Relationship between Internet Addiction and Vocation", Journal of Creative Information Culture, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 87-91, 2015.
- Smartphone Addiction of Infants, http://hqcenter.snu.ac.kr/archives/32803
- The Causes of Smartphone Addiction are Stress, Depression, and Anxiety, http://www.medical-tribune.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=75339
- Elderly People, What can be said to prevent 'joint infections' from using smartphones? http://health.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/02/15/2017021500801.html,