- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Art and Craft Activities on Anxiety and Stress of Stroke Patients
수공예 활동이 뇌졸중 환자의 불안과 스트레스에 미치는 효과
- Kim, Ji-Hoon (Department of Occupational Therapy, Kaya University)
- 김지훈 (가야대학교 작업치료학과)
- Received : 2019.08.07
- Accepted : 2019.11.20
- Published : 2019.11.28
This study was aimed to evaluate the effects of art and craft activities on anxiety and stress of stroke patients. Patients diagnosed with stroke were selected according to select the study target, 9 patients with experimental group receive art and craft activities, 9 patients with control group receive traditional occupational therapy for 30 minutes per each session 3 times a week for total 8 weeks. Art and craft activities were structured through a group of occupational therapy practitioners interview. A comparison of two groups after the intervention showed that the experimental group had a more significant on the anxiety and stress(p<.05). These result demonstrate that art and craft activities decrease anxiety and stress for stroke patients, therefore is expected to be useful in clinics.
본 연구는 수공예 활동이 뇌졸중 환자의 불안과 스트레스에 미치는 효과를 알아보고자 실시하였다. 대상자 선정기준에 포함되는 뇌졸중 환자를 대상으로 수공예 활동을 중재한 실험군 9명, 전통적인 작업치료를 중재한 대조군 9명으로 나누어 30분씩, 주 3회, 총 8주에 걸쳐 중재를 실시하였다. 수공예 활동은 작업치료 전문가 집단의 인터뷰를 통하여 구성하였다. 연구 결과 실험군이 대조군에 비해 불안, 스트레스가 통계학적으로 유의한 차이를 보였다(p<.05). 이러한 결과를 통하여 수공예 활동은 뇌졸중 환자의 불안과 스트레스 감소에 효과적임을 확인할 수 있었으며, 임상에서 유용하게 적용되리라 사료된다.
Supported by : Kaya University
- D .H Kim & K. H. Kim. (2018). A Convergence study on the effects of functional electrical stimulation with mirror therapy on balance and gait ability in chronic stroke patients. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(10), 109-120. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.10.109
- Y. R. Kim, Y. I. Kim, M. J. Kim. (2017). A Convergent study of the physical related quality of life using SF-8 of stroke patient's caregiver.Journal of the Korea Convergence Society. 8(12), 119-127. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.12.119
- M. D. Pate, C. McKevitt, E. Lawrence, A. G. Rudd & C. D. A. Wolfe. (2007). Clinical determinants of long-term quality of life after stroke. Age and Ageing, 36(3), 316-322. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/afm014
- O. S. Kim & H. J. Kim. (2011). Posttraumatic stress disorder(PTSD), anxiety, and depression among stroke patients. Health & Nursing, 23(1), 1-12.
- N. N. Hadidi, R. L. Wagne & R. Lindquist. (2017). Nonpharmacological treatments for post-stroke depression: An integrative review of the lilterature. Research in Gerontological Nursing. 10(4), 182-195. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3928/19404921-20170524-02
- J. A. Kootker, L. Fasotti, S. M. Rasquin, C. M. van Heugten & A. Geurts. (2012). The effectiveness of an augmented cognitive behavioural intervention for post-stroke depression with or without anxiety(PSDA): the restore 4 Stroke-PSDA trial. BMC Neurology, 12(51), 1-8. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2377-12-51
- J. H. Jung. (2012). The relationships between depression, anxiety, and hemiplegic upper extremity function in stroke patients. Journal of Rehabilitation Research, 16(4), 317-340.
- S. W. Park, K. E. Jang, H. S. Lee & D. S. Park. (1999). The relationship between activities of daily living and cognitive function, anxiety, stress, depression in stroke patients. Annals of Rehabilitation Medicine, 23(1), 1-8.
- S. W. Moon, J. S. Seo, B. W. Nam & J. Y. Choi, (2014). Poststroke depression. The KonKuk Journal of Medical Science, 14, 45-52.
- B. H. Cho, M. H. Ko & S. Y. Kim. (2003). A study on stroke patients ADL, depression, self-efficacy and quality of life. The Korean Journal of Rehabilitation Nursing, 6(1), 51-60.
- Z. J. Lipowski. (1985). Psychosomatic medicine liaison psychiatry. Plenum Medical Book.
- T. Y. Jang, B. R. Park & Y. A. Y. (2017). Effects of occupational therapeutic craft activity on improvement cognitive function and hand function in acute patients with stroke. Korea Academy Industrial Cooperation Society. 18(5), 355-365. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.5.355
- S. Horqhaqen, S. Josephson & S. Alsaker. (2007). The use of craft activities as an occupational therapy treatment modality in norway during 1952-1960. Occupational therapy international. 14(1), 42-56. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/oti.222
- J. R. Hong, G. H. Yang, Y. A. Yang, S. K. Chae & H. S. Choi. (2005). Art and craft for occupational therapy. Seoul: Gyechook munhwasa.
- E. B. Crepeau, E. S. Cohn & B. A. B. Schell (2003). Willard and spackman's occupational therapy(10th ed). Philadelphia: Lippincott Press.
- R. Kongkasuwan, K. Voraakhom, P. Pisolayabutra, P. Maneechal, J. Boonin & V. Kuptniratsaikul (2015). Creative art therapy to enhance rehabilitation for stroke patients: A randomized controlled trial. Clinical Rehabilitation, 30(10), 1016-1023. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0269215515607072
- S. H. Park, S. J. Park, J. I. Shin & Y. A. Yang. (2009). The effects of craft activities on cognitive function in person with cerebrovascular accident. The Journal of Occupational Therapy for the Aged and Dementia, 3(1), 55-61.
- B. H. Chong, J. J. Park & S. M. Chung. (2016). Effect of craft program of occupational therapy on cognitive function, depression, activity of daily living and hand function in patients with dementia living a community. Journal of Korea Society for Neurotherapy. 20(2), 47-52.
- I. J. Kong. (2014). The effects of art and craft program on cognitive function and depression of day-care center elderly person. Korea Aging Friendly Industry Association, 6(2), 45-51.
- G. Linda (2015). Creative expression: effectiveness of a weekly craft group with women who have experienced trauma. Open Journal of Nursing. 5, 96-103. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ojn.2015.52011
- E. C. Ciasca, R. C. Ferreira, C. L. A, Santana, O. V. Forlenza, G. D. Dos Santos, P. S. Brum & P. V. Nunes. (2018). Art therapy as ans adjust treatment for depression in elderly women: a randomized controlled trial. Revista Brasileira de Psiquiatrai. 40, 256-263. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/1516-4446-2017-2250
- M, Müllersdorf & A. B. Ivarsson (2012). Use of creative activities in occupational therapy practice in sweden. Occupational Therapy International. 19(3), 127-134 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/oti.1327
- J. H. Park & Y. C. Kwon. (1989). Standardization of korean vrsion of mini-mental state examination(MMSE-K) for use in the elderly. Part II. Diagnostic validity. Journal of Korean Neuropsychiatric Association. 28(3), 58-513.
- J. W. Jung & W. S. Moon. (2012). Depression and anxiety in korean patients with age-related macular degeneration. Korean Journal of Opthalmology. 53(6), 792-800. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3341/jkos.2012.53.6.792
- W. K. Park. (1988). Perceived stress and depression in hemiplegic patients using neuman's stressors concepts factors. M.S. dissertation, Ewha Womams University.
- J. H. Kim, H. K im & J. W. Park. (2017). The correlation between psychosocial factors and therapeutic flow in stroke patients. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(5), 253-262. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.5.253
- H. J. Lim, D. H. Lee & Y. A. Yang. (2016). Systemic review research that applies treatment of domestic crafts activities. Journal of Society of Occupational Therapy for the Aged and Dementia. 10(1), 1-6.
- L. Uttley et al. (2015). Systematic review and economic modelling of the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of art therapy among people with non-psychotic mental health disorders. Health Technology Assessment, 19(18). DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3310/hta19180
- S. Pollanen. (2009). Craft as context in therapeutic change. The Indian of Occupational Therapy. 41(2), 43+47.
- F. Lyshak-Stelzer, P. Singer, S. J. Patricia & C. M. Chemtob. (2007). Art therapy for adolescents with posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms: A pilot study. Art Therapy, 24(4), 163-169. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/07421656.2007.10129474
- S. M. Walsh, S. C. Martin & Schmidt, L. A. (2004). Testing the efficacy of a creative-arts intervention with family caregivers of patients with cancer. Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 36(3), 214-219. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.2004.04040.x
- H. L. Stuckey & J. Nobel (2010). The connection between art, healing and public health: a review of current literature. American Journal of Public Health, 100, 254-263. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2008.156497