- Volume 10 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
The convergent relationship between experience of elderly oral health care education by specialist and attitudes toward the elderly
치과위생사의 노인구강관리 전문가 교육경험에 따른 노인을 대하는 융합적 태도 관계
- Lee, Jung-Hwa (Department of Dental Hygiene, Dong-Eui University) ;
- Lee, Yu-Hee (Department of Dental Hygiene, Masan University) ;
- Yun, Jung-Won (Department of Dental Hygiene, Dong-Eui University) ;
- Jang, Kyeung-Ae (Department of Dental Hygiene, Silla University)
- Received : 2019.08.07
- Accepted : 2019.10.20
- Published : 2019.10.28
Dental hygienists have received specialist training and experience to identify relationships that affect the attitude towards the elderly dental hospitals, general hospitals, working in a university hospital were survey of 264 people. The relationship between the elderly oral health specialist education experience and the attitude toward the elderly was influenced by the attitude toward the elderly (r=0.160, p<0.01), the experience of the elderly oral tissue regeneration education was related to the attitude toward the elderly (r=0.178, p<0.01), and feeding and swallowing function training education was positively correlated with the attitude toward the elderly (r=0.173, p<0.01). Therefore, it is necessary to develop curriculum in the maintenance training course for the dental hygienists who are experts in oral health care for the elderly, and to develop the curriculum for elderly dental hygiene course in the school education.
- National Statistical Office. (2019). Population and Prospects of the World and Korea in 2019. Statistics Korea [Online]. http://kostat.go.kr/.
- National Statistical Office. (2016). Future Population Estimation: 2015-2065 years. Statistics Korea. Statistics Korea [Online]. http://kostat.go.kr/
- K. J. Min & J. S. Hwang. (2007). A Study on the Effect of the Daily Activities on the Quality of Life for the Aged. Journal of Welfare for the Aged, 36, 223-248.
- D. C. Lee, H. L. Lee, I. Suh & D. K. Kim. (1997). Factors Affecting on the Compliance of the Health Screening Program: A study of the Insured on a District Medical Insurance Association. Korean Journal of Family Medicine, 18(7), 739-751.
- M. J. Cho, J. S. Shim, H. C. Kim, K. B. Song & Y. H. Choi. (2006). Relationship between Metabolic Syndrome Components and Periodontal Health Determined Using a Self-Reported Questionnaire. Journal of Korean Academy Oral Health, 40(4), 231-237.
- H. K. Lee, K. B. Song, S. K. Lee, J. H. Park & Y. H. Choi. (2008). Association between Tooth Loss and Cardiovascular Risk Indicators in the Korean elderly. Journal of Korean Academy Oral Health, 32(4), 495-503.
- P. E. Petersen. (2003). The World Oral Health Report 2003: Continuous Improvement of Oral Health in the 21st Century-the Approach of the WHO Global Oral Health Programme. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 31(1), 3-23. https://doi.org/10.1046/j..2003.com122.x
- H. E. Shin, I. C. Chang, J. C. Min, K. B. Song & Y. H. Choi. (2018). Association between Masticatory Ability, Oral Health-Related Quality of Life and Cognitive Function in the Elderly Population Using Structural Equation Modeling. Journal of Korean Academy Oral Health, 42(4), 159-166. DOI: 10.11149/jkaoh.2018.42.4.159 https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2018.42.4.159
- I. K. Hur, T. Y. Lee, J. K. Dong & S. H. Hong. (2010). The Effects of Dental Prostheses to the Quality of Life among the Elderly. Journal of Korean Academy Prosthodont, 48(2), 101-110. DOI: 10.4047/jkap.2010.48.2.101 https://doi.org/10.4047/jkap.2010.48.2.101
- M. J. Cho, J. S. Shim, H. C. Kim, K. B. Song & Y. H. Choi. (2016). Relationship between Metabolic Syndrome Components and Periodontal Health Determined Using a Self-Reported Questionnaire. Journal of Korean Academy Oral Health, 40(4), 231-237. https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2016.40.4.231
- H. N Kim. G. Y. Kim. H. J. Noh & N. H. Kim. (2018). In-depth interview with the center managers for home visit dental hygiene services in the long-term care insurance. Journal of Korean Society Dental Hygiene. 18(4), 455-62.
- S. J. Kim, Y. S Kim, J. H. Kim, J. H Lee & K. E. Chang. (2018). A Study on the Development of Convergence Education Program for Workers in Health and Medical Industry in Preparation for the forth. Industrial Evolution. 9(5), 43-52.
- E. J. Cha. (2017). A Study about impact on the elderly remarriage awareness by Daegu & Gyeongbuk University Student′s knowledge and attitude. Master's thesis. Yeungnam University, Gyeongbuk
- S. S. Lee. (2009). Factors Affecting the Knowledge and Attitude of Dental Hygienists toward the Elderly. Jounal of the korean Acad Dental Hygiene, 11(2), 223-235.
- S. Y. Park. (2006). General Hospital Nurses Knowledge and Attitudes toward the Old Adult and Geriatric Nursing Education Needs. Master's thesis. Keimyung University, Daegu
- S. H. Sim & J. S. Kim. (2010). A Study on Knowledge of and Attitude to the Elderly among Some Dental Hygienist. Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, 10(2), 71-77.
- B. H. Jun & Y. S. Choi. (2015). Influence of Elderly-Related Experience on Attitude toward Elderly in Dental Hygiene Students. Journal of Korean Society Dental Hygiene, 15(6), 1019-1026. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.06.1019
- B. S. Seo & S. H. Kim. (1999). A Study on the Elderly Image of University Students. Journal of Korean Gerontol Society, 19(2), 97-111.
- J. M, Lee & S. Y. Lee. (2005). The Impact of Gerontology on the Knowledge and Attitudes toward the Elderly among the Undergraduate Students. Journal of Welfare Aged, 29, 259-283.
- H. H. Park & I. J. Song. (2018). A Convergence Study on Factors Influencing Health-related Quality of Life in Patients with Chronic Neck Pain. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(6), 299-310. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.6.299. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.6.299
- H. S. Kim. (2017). Effect of Pain, Nutritional Risk, Loneliness, Perceived Health Status on Health-related Quality of Life in Elderly Women Living Alone. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(7), 207-218. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.7.207. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.4.207
- H. Y. Song & M. H. Park. (2017). Comparable Influencing Factors for Quality of Health-Life in Osteoarthritis Patients in Urban and Rural Areas. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(6), 311-323. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.6.311. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.6.311
- K. O. Cho. (2014). The Positive Effect of Physical Activity on Health and Health-related Quality of Life in Elderly Korean People-Evidence from the Fifth Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. J Lifestyle Med, 4(2), 86-94. DOI : 10.15280/jlm.2014.4.2.86. https://doi.org/10.15280/jlm.2014.4.2.86
- S. H. Lee. (2013). Gender Difference in Influencing Factors on Health related Quality of Life among the Elderly in Community. Journal of Digital Convergence, 11(12), 523-535. DOI : 10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.523. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.523
- J. Kim, Y. Choi, S. Park, K. H. Cho, Y. J. Ju & E. C. Park.(2016). The impact of living arrangements on quality of life among Korean elderly: findings from the Korean Longitudinal Study of Aging (2006-2012). Quality of Life Research, 26(5), 1303-1314. DOI: 10.1007/s11136-016-1448-6.
- S. J. Ban, H. J. Lim, Y. J. Cho & J. K. Lee. (2015). The impact of the level of education as a result of educational investment on a quality of life-mediating effects of an employment, a health, and a social relation. The Journal of economics and finance of education, 24(2), 111-131.