- Volume 47 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Particle Swarm Optimization for Redundancy Allocation of Multi-level System considering Alternative Units
대안 부품을 고려한 다계층 시스템의 중복 할당을 위한 입자 군집 최적화
- Chung, Il Han (Department of Safety & Industrial Management Engineering, Ulsan college)
- 정일한 (울산과학대학교 안전및산업경영공학과)
- Received : 2019.08.29
- Accepted : 2019.10.04
- Published : 2019.12.31
Purpose: The problem of optimizing redundancy allocation in multi-level systems is considered when each item in a multi-level system has alternative items with the same function. The number of redundancy of multi-level system is allocated to maximize the reliability of the system under path set and cost limitation constraints. Methods: Based on cost limitation and path set constraints, a mathematical model is established to maximize system reliability. Particle swarm optimization is employed for redundant allocation and verified by numerical experiments. Results: Comparing the particle swarm optimization method and the memetic algorithm for the 3 and 4 level systems, the particle swarm optimization method showed better performance for solution quality and search time. Particularly, the particle swarm optimization showed much less than the memetic algorithm for variation of results. Conclusion: The proposed particle swarm optimization considerably shortens the time to search for a feasible solution in MRAP with path set constraints. PS optimization is expected to reduce search time and propose the better solution for various problems related to MRAP.
- Chung, I. H. 2015. "Optimization of Redundancy Allocation in Multi Level System considering Alternative Units." Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management 43(1):31-42. https://doi.org/10.7469/JKSQM.2015.43.1.031
- Fyffe, D. E., Hines, W. W., and Lee, N. K. 1968. "System reliability allocation and a computational algorithm." IEEE Trans. Reliability 17(2):64-69. https://doi.org/10.1109/TR.1968.5217517
- Kennedy, J., and Eberhard, R. C. 1995. "Particle swarm optimization." In Proceedings of IEEE international conference on neural networks, Piscataway, NJ, USA : 1942-1948.
- Kumar, R., Izui, K. Yoshimura, M., and Nishiwaki, S. 2009. "Optimal multilevel redundancy allocation in series and series-parallel systems." Computers and Industrial Engineering 57:169-180. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2008.11.008
- Yeh, W. C. 2009. "A two-stage discrete particle swarm optimization for the problem of multiplemulti-level redundancy allocation in series systems." Expert Systems with Applications 36(5):9192-9200. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2008.12.024
- Yeh, W. C., Luo, C. Y., Chung, Y. Y., and Lin, J. S. 2016. "Simplified swarm optimization with modular search for the general multi-level redundancy allocation problem in series-parallel systems." 2016 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC) Evolutionary Computation (CEC):778-784.
- Yun, W. Y., and Kim, J. W. 2004. "Multi-level redundancy optimization in series systems." Computers and Industrial Engineering 46:337-346. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2003.12.013
- Yun, W. Y., Song, Y. M., and Kim, H. G. 2007. "Multiple multi-level redundancy allocation in series systems." Reliability Engineering and System Safety 92:308-313. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2006.04.006
- Yun, W. Y., Chung, I. H., and Kim, J. W. 2017. "Multi-level redundancy allocation optimization problems." Journal of the Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers 43(2):135-146. https://doi.org/10.7232/JKIIE.2017.43.2.135