- Volume 13 Issue 4
A Study on Youth Career Education through Analysis of Social Economic Perception of Young People: Using Photovoice Methodology
청년들의 사회적 경제 인식 분석을 통한 청년 진로교육에 관한 연구: 포토보이스 (Photovoice) 방법론 활용
- Park, Jae-Whan (School of Business Administration, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Lee, II-Han (School of Business Administration, Chung-Ang University)
- Received : 2018.07.09
- Accepted : 2018.08.29
- Published : 2018.08.31
The purpose of this study was to investigate how college students perceive social economics as a young age, This study was conducted three times at intervals of two weeks with five college students who are engaged in SEN club activities in Seoul, Korea. To achieve the purpose of the study, a participatory practice research technique called Photovoice qualitative research method was used. Participants in the main topic of social economy were selected by the participants as 'Social economy is', 'SEN for me' and 'My future career'. Respectively. The results of the study are as follows. First, the research students of the study group have taken pictures of the social economy in terms of 'diversity', 'consideration', 'cooperation', 'cooperation', 'help' and 'conflict of interest'. Second, the students participating in the research semantics mean the pictures taken with 'enjoyment', 'happiness', 'hope', 'community', 'sense of belonging' and 'affection'. Third, the college students who participated in the study have taken the meaning of the pictures taken in the future, such as 'clumsiness', 'what they want to do', 'career towards the public'. Finally, in-depth interviews on the career paths of graduates reveal that it is not easy to advance into a social economic organization. The results of this study provide the practical guidelines where the curriculums needed for the entrepreneurship education at graduate schools by suggesting consistency for the systematic and comprehensive curriculum design. It was reflected the survey result from the graduate students taking the entrepreneurship subjects. Therefore, it will contribute the foundation of the present curriculum of Entrepreneurial Graduate School.
본 연구의 목적은 청년층으로서 대학생들이 사회적 경제에 대하여 어떻게 인식하고 있는지와 진로에 대한 기피요인을 살펴보고자 하였다. 본 연구의 연구참여자는 서울 소재 대학의 SEN 동아리 활동을 하고 있는 5명의 대학생과 함께 2주 간격으로 3회 진행되었다. 연구의 목적을 달성하기 위하여 연구자가 직접 참여하는 연구기법인 포토보이스 (Photovoice)라는 질적 연구방법을 활용하였다. 사회적 경제라는 대주제 하에 참여자들이 선정하여 다룬 세 가지 주제는'내가 생각하는 사회적 경제란','나에게 SEN이란','나의 향후 진로는'이였으며, 각 주제별로 참여자가 사진을 통해 본인의 생각을 표현하고 다른 사람의 의견을 청취하여 공유하였다. 이러한 연구의 결과는 다음과 같다. 첫째, 연구에 참여한 대학생들은 사회적 경제에 대하여 사회의'다양성','배려', '협동','협력','도움','이해상충'등으로 찍은 사진의 의미를 부여하였다. 둘째, 연구 참여 대학생들은 SEN에 대하여'즐거움','행복','희망','공동체','소속감','애증'등으로 찍은 사진의 의미를 부여 하였다. 셋째, 연구 참여 대학생들은 향후 진로에 대하여 '막막함', '하고 싶은 일', '공공에 대한 진로' 등으로 찍은 사진의 의미를 부여하였다. 마지막으로 졸업생들의 진로에 대한 심층인터뷰 결과를 살펴보면 현실적으로 사회경제적 조직으로 진출이 쉽지 않은 것으로 나타났다. 이러한 연구결과를 토대로 사회적 경제에 대한 인식제고와 청년층의 진로에 대한 과제를 제안하였다.
Supported by : 행복나눔재단
- Aldrich, H., & Fiol, M.(1994). Fools rush in, The institutional context of industry creation, Academy of Management Review, 19(4), 645-670. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1994.9412190214
- Blackman, A., & Fairey, T.(2007). The photovoice Manual a guide to designing and running participatory photography project. London: Photovoice.
- Blustein, D. L., Schultheiss, D. E. P., & Flum, H.(2004). Toward a Relational Perspective of the Psychology of Careers and Working: A Social Constructionist Analysis, Journal of Vocational Behavior, 64, 423-440. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvb.2003.12.008
- Cho, Y. B., Son, J. H., Jung, K. B., & Lee, N. Y.(2018). The Impact of Entrepreneurial Self-Efficacy on the Entrepreneurial Intention of Preliminary Social Entrepreneurs and General Entrepreneurs: The Moderating Effect of Social Support, Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, 13(1), 89-104.
- Choi, J. S.(2016). An Exploration on the Self-Identity of Dance-Majored College Students, Master Thesis, Hanyang University.
- Cook, K. L.(2014). Beginning a classroom inquiry: using photovoice to connect college students to community science, Journal of College Science Teaching, 43(6), 28-33.
- Defourny, J., & Develtere, P.(1999). The Social Economy: A Worldwide Making of a Third Sector. In L'economie Sociale au Nord et au Sud, edited by J. Defourny, P. Develtere, and B. Fonteneau. De Boeck.
- Emmerling, R. J., & Cherniss, C.(2003). Emotional Intelligence and the Career Choice Process, Journal of Career Assessment, 11(2), 153-167. https://doi.org/10.1177/1069072703011002003
- European Social Economy(2008). http://www.socioeco.org/bdf_organisme-478_es.html
- Hartung, P. J.(2011). Barrier or Benefit? Emotion in Life-Career Design, Journal of Career Assessment, 19(3), 296-305. https://doi.org/10.1177/1069072710395536
- Han, S. J.(2008). Social Companies and Job Creation Strategies Beyond Social Job Policies, Korea Labour and Society Institute, 131, 10-19.
- Hong, H.(2014). Community Change Perceived by Participants in the Integrated Program for Early Children Development with Low-Income Families Using Photo-Voice Method, orean Journal of Social Welfare, 66(4), 233-255. https://doi.org/10.20970/kasw.2014.66.4.010
- Hwang, Y. M.(2014). The Effects of Career Decision-Making Methods, Decision-Making Stages, and Decision-Making Style on the Career Decision-Making Quality of Undergraduate, Doctoral Dissertation, Konkuk University.
- Jang, W. B.(2006). Social Economy, Press of Sharing House.
- Jun, J. S., Kim, K. M., Yu, D. C., Kim, D. K., & Shin, Y. R.(2013). Social Inclusion of People with Intellectual Disabilities Using Photovoice Method. Journal of Intellectual Disabilities, 15(2), 305-330.
- Jung, T. I., & Lee, S. Y.(2013). Co-Operative Economics, Redian.
- Kang, M. R., Cho, I. S., & Toshiri, O.(2013). A Survey on the Perception of Social Enterprise for People Concerned with Intellectual Disabilities, Korean Journal of Special Education, 48(3), 111-128.
- Kwag, S. H.(2010). Performance Analysis and Tastks of Social Enterprise Certified in 2008, Social Enterprise Studies, 3(1), 135-165.
- Kidd, J. M.(1998). Emotion: An Absent Presence in Career Theory, Journal of Vocational Behavior, 52(1), 275-288. https://doi.org/10.1006/jvbe.1997.1629
- Kim, K. O.(2014). Student Perceptions of Meanings, Barriers, and Improvement Planes for Physical Activity Through Courses in a Mid-sized S University, Korean Journal of Physical Education, 53(3), 107-125.
- Kim, K. O., & Lee, G. I.(2013). Retired Female Athlete' Social Barriers and Alternative Strategies: A Photovoice Study, Korean Journal of Sociology of Sport, 26(3), 25-52. https://doi.org/10.22173/jksss.2013.26.3.25
- Kim, D. H.(2016). The Inventory Review on Photography as a Qualitative Research Tool in Education, Anthropology of Education, 19(2), 1-35.
- Kim, J. H., Kim, C. S., & Nam, D. I.(2014). The Impact of Social Legitimacy on the Performance of New Venture, Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, 9(4), 13-25.
- Kim, J. H., Kim, Y. S., & Kim, J. Y.(2015). Journal through Qualitative Research, Gyeonggi-do; BookKorea.
- Korea Social Enterprise Promotion Agency(2018). Social Enterprise Performance Analysis Report.
- Lee, S. M.(2012). Comparative Study on the Recognition of Social Enterprise Venturing in Korea and Thailand, Journal of the Korean Entrepreneurship Society, 7(2), 1-27.
- Lee, W. J., & Chang, S. H.(2013). The Perception of Aging and Self-Description: Through Research Based-Photo Voice, Global Social Welfare Review, 3(2), 25-46.
- Lee, H. J.(2015). University Students' Perceptions on Social Enterprise-Using Photovoice Methodology, Crisis and Emergency Management: Theory and Praxis, 11(4), 243-268.
- Yi, J. H., Ra, M. Y., Bang, S., & Canape, K. E.(2012). School Social Workers' Perspectives on "Work and Myself": Using Photovoice Methodology, Journal of School Social Work, 23, 257-280.
- Lazarus, R. S.(1991). Emotion and Adaptation, New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press.
- Lent, R. W., Brown, S. D., & Hackett, G.(1994). Toward Unifying Social Cognitive Theory of Career and Academic Interest, Choice, and Performance, Journal of Vocational Behavior, 45(1), 79-122. https://doi.org/10.1006/jvbe.1994.1027
- Miller, Z. D., Quigley, C., Hallo, J. C., & Dogbey, J.(2016). Investigating wildlife and grazing perspective of kenyan university students, Journal for Nature Conservation, 32, 44-52. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnc.2016.04.003
- Minthorn, R. S., & Marsh, T. E. J.(2016). Centering indigenous college student voices and perspectives through photovoice and photo-elicitation, Contemporary Educational Psychology, 47 , 4-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cedpsych.2016.04.010
- Noh, D. M.(2009). Three Reasons to Strengthen the Social Economy, Changbi-Publishers.
- Palibrods, B., Krieg, B., Murdock, L., & Havelock, J.(2009). A practical guide to photovoice: sharing pictures, telling stories and changing communities, Winnipeg, MB: Prairie Women's Health Centre of Excellence.
- Saka, N., Gati, I., & Kelly, K. R.(2008). Emotional and Personality-related Aspects of Career Decision Making Difficulties, Journal of Vocational Behavior, 71(3), 403-424.
- Song, B. S.(2011). Social Economy Model and Social Enterprise Policy in Korea, Journal of Public Social Studies, 1(2), 5-32.
- Suh, W. S.(2012). An Analysis of Patriots and Veterans' Recognition on Social Enterprise, Journal of Patriots and Veterans Affairs in the Republic Korea, 11(4), 179-204.
- Sim, M. Y., Yeum, D. M., Jeon, J. M., & Park, J. B.(2012). A Study on the Subjective Recognition Types of User for Social Enterprise-Focused on Q Methodology, Social Science Research, 28(4), 231-255.
- Shin, M. H.(2009). A Study of Conceptualizing 'Social Economy' in the Context of Korean Society, Korea Social Science Institute, 75, 11-46.
- Shin, M. H.(2013). Social Economy, State, and Democracy, Korean Foundation for Social Investment, 2.
- Wang. C. C.(1999). Photovoice: A Participatory Action Research Strategy Applied to Women's Health, Journal of Women's Health, 8(2), 185-192, https://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.1999.8.185
- Wang, C., & M. A. Burris.(1994). Empowerment through Novella: Portraits of Participation, Health Education Quarterly, 21(2), 171-186. https://doi.org/10.1177/109019819402100204
- Yang, M. J., & Kim, B. W.(2015). Investigation of Emotional and Personality Factors Korean University Students' Escaping from Entering Small and Medium-sized Companies, The Journal of Employment and Career, 5(2), 1-28.