- Volume 25 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
일개 중소병원 간호사가 경험한 언어적, 신체적 폭력 사건 실태
A Survey on Nurses' Experience of Verbal and Physical Violence in Small and Medium-sized Hospitals
- Kang, Ae Jeong (Department of Nursing, Masan University) ;
- Lee, Mi Suk (Department of Nursing, Jinju Health College) ;
- Jeon, Mi Yang (College of Nursing.Institute of Health Science, Gyeongsang National University)
- 투고 : 2017.09.15
- 심사 : 2018.04.20
- 발행 : 2018.08.31
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to identify the types of violence experienced by small and medium sized hospital nurses. Methods: Data were collected from March 1 to 30, 2017, using self-report questionnaires. Responses from 87 nurses were analyzed using descriptive statistics,
- Bae, Y., & Lee, T. (2015). Relationship of experience of violence and professional quality of life for hospital nurses. Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 21(5), 489-500. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.5.489 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.5.489
- Violence. (2018, April 8). Doosan corporation. Retrieved April 8, 2018, from http://www.doopedia.co.kr/search/encyber/totalSearch.jsp?WT.ac=search
- Hegney, D., Plank, A., & Parker, V. (2003). Workplace violence in nursing in queensland, australia: A self-reported study. International Journal of Nursing Practice, 9(4), 261-268. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1440-172x.2003.00431.x https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1440-172X.2003.00431.x
- Hesketh, K. L., Duncan, S. M., Estabrooks, C. A., Reimer, M. A., Giovannetti, P., Hyndman, K., et al. (2003). Workplace violence in Alberta and British Columbia hospitals. Health Policy, 63(3), 311-321. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-8510(02)00142-2
- Higgins, B. L., & Maclntosh, J. (2010). Operating room nurses' perceptions of the effects of physician-perpetrated abuse. International Nursing Review, 57(3), 321-327. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1466-7657.2009.00767.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1466-7657.2009.00767.x
- Hong, M. J. (2009). A study on nurses' experiences of violence. Unpublished master's thesis, Eulji University, Daejeon.
- Hong, Y. S., & Park, S. Y. (2011). The level of patient expectation and governing factors in selecting hospital. Korean Journal of Health Service Management, 5(4), 15-26. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2011.5.4.015 https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2011.5.4.015
- Hwang, Y. Y., Park, Y. R., & Park, S. H. (2015). Experience of workplace violence among intensive care unit nurses. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 27(5), 548-558. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2015.27.5.548 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2015.27.5.548
- International Council of Nurses. (2006, October). The ICN code of ethics for nurses. Retrieved April 8, 2018, from http://www.icn.ch/en/
- Jeung, E. (2011). Psychosocial stress and burnout related to violence in emergency room nurses. Unpublished master's thesis, Chonnam National University, Gwangju.
- Jung, H. J., & Lee, Y. S. (2011). Nurses's experiences of verbal abuse in hospital setting. Korean Academy on Communication in Healthcare, 11(2), 109-122. https://doi.org/10.15715/kjhcom.2011.6.2.118
- Jang, G. S. (2000). A study on establishment of clinical career development model of nurses. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Kang, M. J., & Park, I. S. (2015). Types of violence and coping methods experienced by general hospital nurses. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 21(1), 92-104. https://doi.org/10.22650/JKCNR.2015.21.1.92 https://doi.org/10.22650/JKCNR.2015.21.1.92
- Kim, T. S., & Kim, J. I. (2004). Violence episodes and turnover among clinical nurses. Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 10(4), 427-436.
- Kim, M. Y., Kim, S. H., & Lim, S. H. (2005). A study of workplace violence by nurses. Nursing Science, 17(2), 33-44.
- Kim, S. Y., Eom, M. R., Oh, H. Y., & Ahn, H. Y. (2007). Violence episodes and responses of emergency room nurses. Journal of Korean Academy Fundamentals of Nursing, 14(4), 446-456.
- Kwon, H. J., Kim, H. S., Choe, K. S., Lee, K. S., & Sung, Y. H. (2007). A study on verbal abuse experienced at medical centers. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 13(2), 113-124.
- Lee, J. S., Co, H. M., Chung, H. J., & Kim, H. J. (2016). Working conditions of the national health care workers - wages, work conditions and environment -. Journal of Labor Studies, 33(1),169-197.
- Lee, S. J., & Kim, J. S. (2017). Convergence study on relationship among verbal violence experience, verbal violence impact and burnout in operating room nurses. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(6), 85-96. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.6.085 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.6.085
- Lee, S. O., & Kim, M. J. (2016). The determinants of the long-term influence of violence: Focus on hospital nurses. Korea Society of Health Service Management, 10(1), 93-104. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2016.10.1.093 https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2016.10.1.093
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. (2016). Medical law Article 87, paragraph 1, No. 1. Retrieved April 8, 2018, from http://www.lawnb.com/Info/ContentView?sid=L000004482
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. (2017). Health and welfare statistical year book 2017. Retrieved April 8, 2018, from http://www.mohw.go.kr/react/jb/sjb030301vw.jsp?PAR_MENU_ID=03&MENU_ID=032901&CONT_SEQ=343458&page=1
- Park, H. J., Kang, H. S., Kim, K. H., & Kwon, H. J. (2011). Exposure to workplace violence and coping in intensive care unit nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 20(3), 291-301. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2011.20.3.291 https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2011.20.3.291
- Park, E. K., & Na, Y. K. (2015). A study on verbal abuse experience, sexual harassment damages and self-esteem of operating room nurses. Korean Academy of Scientific Criminal Investigation, 9(4), 266-274. https://doi.org/10.20297/jsci.2015.9.4.266 https://doi.org/10.20297/jsci.2015.9.4.266
- Son, Y. J., Gong, H. H., You, M. A., & Kong, S. S. (2015). Relationships between workplace violence experience and posttraumatic stress symptoms, resilience in clinical nurses. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 17(1), 515-530.
- Speroni, K. G., Fitch, T., Dawson, E., Dugan, L., & Atherton, M. (2014). Incidence and cost of nurse workplace violence perpetrated by hospital patients or patient visitors. Journal of Emergency Nursing, 40(3), 218-228. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jen.2013.05.014 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jen.2013.05.014
- Whittington, R. (2002). Attitudes toward patient aggression amongst mental health nurses in 'zero tolerance' era: Associations with burnout and length of experience. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 11(6), 819-825. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2702.2002.00659.x https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2702.2002.00659.x