- Volume 6 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Mediating effect of major satisfaction on the influence of critical thinking disposition on disaster recognition
- Kim, Jung-ae (Chodang University, Nursing Department) ;
- Seo, Eun-Hui (Chodang University, Nursing Department) ;
- Kim, Chul-Jin (Kwangshin University, Social Welfare & Counseling Department)
- Received : 2018.01.25
- Accepted : 2018.02.23
- Published : 2018.03.30
The purpose of this study was to identify mediating effect of major satisfaction in the effect of critical thinking disposition on disaster recognition. For this study, 237 students of nursing students from universities in Jeollanam do participated in the study. The data collection was collected on Dec 1 to 7, 2017. The descriptive statistics was used to analyze general characteristics of participants, the differences in disaster recognition according to general characteristics were analyzed by t-test or ANOVA. Regression analysis was conducted to confirm the effect of critical thinking disposition on disaster recognition and Baron, R.M. And Kenny, D.A.'s mediation effect statistic analysis was used to confirm the mediating effect of major satisfaction in critical thinking disposition on disaster recognition. As a result, the critical thinking disposition affects the disaster recognition, and it was judged that the major satisfaction was mediating role. intellectual fairness sub-factor showed perfect mediating effect and confidence and general truth sub-factor showed partial mediating effect. Based on the above findings, it can be seen that not only critical thinking but also satisfaction with the major should be considered in order to increase the recognition of the sudden disaster. In this case, research for linking critical thinking disposition and major satisfaction is likely to be meaningful. Through the results of this study, we suggest the program development of a linkage between critical thinking disposition and major satisfaction to increase the recognition of disaster.
- National Institute for Disaster Safety, "Establishment of Classification System of National Science and Technology Standards in Disaster Safety Area", 2013
- Lucia VC, Swanberg SM, Utilizing journal club to facilitate critical thinking in pre-clinical medical students, Int J Me Educ, 15:9:7-9, 2018. https://doi.org/10.5116/ijme.5a46.2214
- Dowd JE, Thompson RJ Jr., Schiff LA, Reynols JA, Understanding the Complex Relationship between Critical Thinking and Science Reasoning among Undergraduate Thesis Writers. CBE Life Sci Educ. Spring;17(1). 2018.
- Kanbay Y, Okanli A, The effect of critical thinking education on nursing students' problem-solving skills, Contemp Nurse, 53(3):313-321, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1080/10376178.2017.1339567
- Ludin SM. Does good critical thinking equal effective decision-making among critical care nurses? A cross-sectional survey. Intensive Crit Care Nurs. 44:1-10, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.iccn.2017.06.002
- Yue M, Zhang M, Zhang C, Jin C, The effectiveness of concept mapping on development of critical thinking in nursing education: A systematic review and meta-analysis, Nurse Educ Today, 52:87-94, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2017.02.018
- Chan EY, Cheng CK, Tam G, Huang Z, Lee P. 10.1186/s12889-015-2245-9. Knowledge, attitudes, and practices of Hong Kong population towards human A/H7N9 influenza pandemic preparedness, China, BMC Public Health. 22;15:943. 2014.
- Urats J, Pei AJ, People's Risk Recognition Preceding Evacuation and its Role in Demand Modeling and Planning, Risk Anal, Oct 30, 2017.
- Yu M, Lee, HY, Sherwood G, Kim EM, Nurses' Handoff and Patient Safety Culture in Perinatal Care Units., J Clin Nurs, Jan 3, 2018.
- Chen Y, Lairon DR, Chan W, Du XL, Risk of adverse events associated with front-line anti-myeloma treatment in Medicare patients with multiple myeloma., Ann Hematol. Jan 15, 2018.
- Vezakis A, Polydorou A, Kontis E, Pantiora E, Papanikolaou IS, Fragulidis G, , Safety and efficacy of extending a previous endoscopic sphincterotomy for the treatment of retained or recurrent common bile duct stones. Ann Gastroenterol. 31(1):109-114, 2018.
- JS Jeong, GS Park, JY Lee, DJ Jang, SC Jang, HM Ko, JH Jang, WJ Lee, JO Ahn , Quality of Society, Seoul: Seoul National University Press, 2010.
- Holzman, R., S. Social Risk Management: A New Conceptual Framework for Social Protection and Beyond. International Tax and Public Finance. 8(4):529-556, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1011247814590
- Fussel, H.M. & Klein, R.J.T. Climate change vulnerability assessment: an evolution of conceptual thinking, climate Change, 75:301-329, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10584-006-0329-3
- Smit. B. & Wandel, J. Adaptation. Adpative capacity and vulunerability. Global environment change, 16:282-292, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2006.03.008
- SB Choi, Industrial Safety Dictionary, Book Publishing Gold, 2004.
- JH Hwang, The Effects of Perceived Career Barriers of College Students on Aviation Services Major on Satisfaction and Employment Readiness Behavior, Kyonggi Univ unpublished master's thesis, 2015.
- SY Yoo, The relationship between critical thinking tendency and self-esteem and self-efficacy of college students majoring in dental hygiene, unpublished Master's thesis, Hanseo University, 2013.
- JH Hwang, The Effects of Perceived Career Barriers of College Students on Aviation Services Major on Satisfaction and employment Readiness Behavior, Kyonggi Univ unpublished master's thesis, 2015.
- HJ Kim, A Study on the Perceived Disaster Preparedness and Disaster Safety Education Needs of Youth Instructors, Kyounggi University, unpublished Master Thesis, 2016.
- Baron, R.M & Kenny, D.A, The Moderator-mediator mediator distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, Strategic, and Statistical consideration. Journal pf personality and Social psychology, 51, 1173-1182. 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1993
- Sun Y, Han Z, Climate Change Risk Perception in Taiwan: Correlation with Individual and Societal Factors, Int J Environ Res Public Health. 8;15(1), 2018.