- Volume 67 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of New PWM High Frequency Inverter Applied to Induction Heating
유도 가열에 적용되는 새로운 PWM 고주파 인버터의 특성
- Ryu, Yeoi-Joung (Busan Cultural Center) ;
- Lee, Sang-Wook (Korea Land & Housing Corporation all Reserved) ;
- Mun, Sang-Pil (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Masan University) ;
- Park, Han-Seok (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2018.02.26
- Accepted : 2018.05.24
- Published : 2018.06.01
In this paper, the operation principle of a bi-directional switch type resonant AC link snubber circuit was described, together with the practical design procedure, which employs in the proposed power module bridge package type resonant AC link snubber. The novel prototype of power module bridge package type resonant AC link snubber-assisted voltage type sinewave soft switching PWM inverter using IGBT power module was demonstrated herein. It was verified that both the auxiliary power switches in this resonant AC link snubber circuit and the main power switches commutate under the condition of soft switching commutation principle. In addition, the power losses of the new soft switching inverter treated here were analyzed by implementing the experimental data of the IGBT and diode v-i characteristics in addition to switching power loss characteristics into our original computer simulation software developed by the authors. Then, the voltage type sinewave soft switching PWM inverter was high efficiency than that of hard switching PWM inverter, along with performance operation waveforms. In the future, the comparative feasibility study of power module bridge type resonant AC link snubber and its related soft switching inverter in addition to the other types resonant snubber assisted soft switching inverter should be done from a practical point of view.
- R. C. Alkire, T. W. Chapman, "Induction Heating Equipment: Advancements in induction heating technology allow many processes to take advantage of the economical benefits of induction heating," SCOPUS, vol. 70, no. 12, 2003.
- H. Oka, H. Fujita, K. Seki, "Composition and Heating Efficiency of Magnetic Wood by Induction Heating," IEEE transactions on magnetics, vol. 36, no. 5-1, 2000.
- S. M. Jang, S. H. Lee, H. C. Park, "Electromagnetic Induction Heating and Its Application," Proceedings of KIEE, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 22, 2001.
- Shengpei Wang et al., "Induction-heating cooking appliance using new quasi-resonant ZVS-PWM inverter with power factor correction," IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 705-712, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.703961
- Y. J. Kim, D. C. Shin, K. H. Kim, Y Uchihori, Y. Kawamura, "Fluid Heating System using High-Frequency Inverter Based on Electromagnetic Indirect Induction Heating," ICPE'01, pp. 69-74, 2001.
- J. M. Ho, M .T. LEE, "A novel PWM inverter control circuitry for induction heating," IEEE International Power Electronics Congress, vol. 10, pp. 113-119, 1996.
- S. Llorente, F. Monterde, J. M. Burdio, and J. Acero, "A comparative study of resonant inverter topologies used in induction cookers," Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, APEC, vol. 2, pp. 1168-1174, 2002.