Fig. 1. The European Spine Phantom.
Fig. 2. Bone mineral density measured in the low spine by european spine phantom.
Fig. 3. Bone mineral density measured in the middle spine by european spine phantom.
Fig. 4. Bone mineral density measured in the high spine by european spine phantom.
Table 1. Test dual energy X-ray absorptiometry equipment list
Table 2. Average BMD values of each dual energy X-ray absorptiometry (g/cm2) and standard deviation
Table 3. Average error of BMD values between ESP standard BMD values for each dual energy X-ray absorptiometry (g/cm2)
Table 4. Cross calibration equation ware presented between each dual energy X-ray absorptiometry.
Table 5. Cross calibration for Hologic QDR2000, Lunar and Norland DXA
Supported by : Ministry of Food and Drug Safety
- J. Y. Yang, Y. M. Kim, "Correlation Analysis of BMD in Proximal Femur and Spine," Journal of the Korean Fracture Society, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 570-576, 2003. https://doi.org/10.12671/jksf.2003.16.4.570
- R. B. Mazess, H. S. Barden, J. P. Bisek, J. Hanson, "Dual energy X-ray absorptiometry for total-body and regional bonemineral and soft-tissue composition," The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol. 51, No. 6, pp. 1106-1112, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/51.6.1106
- P. Eiken, N. Kolthoff, O. Barenholdt, F. Hermansen, S. Pors Nielsen, "Switching from DXA pencil-beam to fan-beam. II: studies in vivo," Bone Vol. 1, No. 6, pp. 667-670, 1994.
- H. W. Wahner, W. L. Dunn, M. L. Brown ML, B. L. Riggs, "Comparison of dual energy x-ray absorptiometry and dual photon absorptiometry for bone mineral measurements of the lumbar spine," Mayo Clinic Proceedings. Vol. 63, No. 11, pp. 1075-1084, 1988.
- E. S. Orwoll, S. K. Oviatt, "Longitudinal precision of dual- energy x-ray absorptiometry in a multicenter study," Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 191-197, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1002/jbmr.5650060213
- J. A. Shepherd, Y. Lu, K. Wilson, T. Fuerst, H. Genant, T. N. Hangartner, C. Wilson, D. Hans, E. S. Leib, "Cross-calibration and minimum precision standards for dual energy X-ray absorptiometry: the 2005 ISCD Official Positions, the 2005 ISCD Official Positions," Journal of Clinical Densitometry, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 31-36, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jocd.2006.05.005
- B. Abrahamsen, J. Gram, T. B. Hansen, H. Beck-Nielsen, "Cross calibration of QDR-2000 and QDR-1000 dual energy X-ray densitometers for bone mineral and soft-tissue measurements," Bone, Vol 16, No. 3, pp. 385-390, 1995.
- B. Oldroyd, A. H. Smith, J. G. Truscott, "Cross-calibration of GE/Lunar pencil and fan-beam dual energy densitometers - bone mineral density and body composition studies," European journal of clinical nutrition, Vol. 57, No. 8, pp. 977-987, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.ejcn.1601633
- H. k. Genant, S. Grampp, C. C. Gluer, K. G. Faulkner, M. Jergas, K. Engelke, H. Satoshi, C. van Kuijk, "Universal standardization for dual x-ray absorptiometry: Patient and phantom cross-calibration results," Journal of bone and mineral research, Vol. 9, No. 10, pp. 1503-1514, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1002/jbmr.5650091002
- Osteoprim spec sheet. Accessed at 29. November. 2018. http://orvosimuszer.optitechplus.hu/pdf/medonica/osteoprimacatalog.pdf
- H. Hull, Q. He, J. Thornton, J. Fahad, A. Lynn, N. P, Richard, G. Dympna, "iDXA, Prodigy, and DPXL dual energy X-ray absorptiometry whole-body scans: a cross-calibration study," Journal of Clinical Densitometry. Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 95-102, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jocd.2008.09.004
- W. A. Kalender, D. Felsenberg, H. K. Genant, M. Fischer, J. Dequeker, J. Reeve, "The European Spine Phantom a tool for standardization and quality control in spinal bone mineral measurements by DXA and QCT," European journal of radiology, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 83-92, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0720-048X(95)00631-Y
- D. Pearson, S. A. Cawte, D. J. Green. A, "Comparison of Phantoms for Cross-Calibration of Lumbar Spine DXA," Osteoporosis International, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 948-954, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1007/s001980200132
- J. S Kim, Y. H Rho, I. J Lee, K. A. Kim, I. J. Lee, J. M. Kim, "Cross-Calibration of Domestic Devices and GE Lunar Prodigy Advance Dual Energy X-Ray Densitometer Devices for Bone Mineral Measurements," Journal of Radiation Industry. Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 27-31, 2017.
- N. A. Pocock, P. N. Sambrook, T. Nguyen, P. Kelly, J. Freund, J. A. Eisman, "Assessment of spinal and femoral bone density by Dual X-Ray absorptiometry: Comparison of lunar and hologic instruments," Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, Vol. 7, No. 9, pp. 1081-1084, 1992.
- The International Society for Clinical Densitometry web site. Accessed at 29. November. 2018. https://www.iscd.org/official-positions/official-positions/