- Volume 21 Issue 2
The evaluate the usefulness of various CT kernel applications by PET/CT attenuation correction
PET/CT 감쇠보정시 다양한 CT Kernel 적용에 따른 유용성 평가
- Lee, Jae-Young (Department of Nuclear Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital) ;
- Seong, Yong-Jun (Department of Nuclear Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital) ;
- Yoon, Seok-Hwan (Department of Nuclear Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital) ;
- Park, Chan-Rok (Department of Nuclear Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital) ;
- Lee, Hong-Jae (Department of Nuclear Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital) ;
- Noh, Kyung-Wun (Department of Nuclear Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital)
- 이재영 (서울대학교병원 핵의학과) ;
- 성용준 (서울대학교병원 핵의학과) ;
- 윤석환 (서울대학교병원 핵의학과) ;
- 박찬록 (서울대학교병원 핵의학과) ;
- 이홍재 (서울대학교병원 핵의학과) ;
- 노경운 (서울대학교병원 핵의학과)
- Received : 2017.09.29
- Accepted : 2017.10.20
- Published : 2017.11.11
Purpose Recently PET/CT image's attenuation correction is used CTAC(Computed Tomgraphy Attenuation Correction). it can quantitative evaluation by SUV(Standard Uptake Value). This study's purpose is to evaluate SUV and to find proper CT kernel using CTAC with applied various CT kernel to PET/CT construction. Materials and Methods Biograph mCT 64 was used for the equipment. We were performed on 20 patients who had examed at our hospital from february through March 2017. Using NEMA IEC Body Phantom, The data was reconstructed PET/CT images with CTAC appiled various CT kernel. ANOVA was used to evaluated the significant difference in the result. Results The result of measuring the radioactivity concentration of Phantom was B45F 96% and B80F 6.58% against B08F CT kernel, each respectively. the SUVmax increased to B45F 0.86% and B80F 6.54% against B08F CT kernel, In case of patient's parts data, the Lung SUVmax increased to B45F 1.6% and B80F 6.6%, Liver SUVmax increased to B45F 0.7% and B80F 4.7%, and Bone SUVmax increased to B45F 1.3% and B80F 6.2%, respectively. As for parts of patient's about Standard Deviation(SD), the Lung SD increased to B45F 4.2% and B80F 15.4%, Liver SD increased to B45F 2.1% and B80F 11%, and Bone SD increased to B45F 2.3% and B80F 14.7%, respectively. There was no significant difference discovered in three CT kernel (P >.05). Conclusion When using increased noise CT kernel for PET/CT reconstruction, It tends to change both SUVmax and SD in ROI(region of interest), Due to the increase the CT kernel number, Sharp noise increased in ROI. so SUVmax and SD were highly measured, but there was no statistically significant difference. Therefore Using CT kernel of low variation of SD occur less variation of SUV.
- 고창순. 고창순 핵의학. 제3판. 고려의학. 2008;86.
- Ronald Boellaard. Effects of Noise, Image Resolution, and ROI Definition on the Accuracy of Standard Uptake Values: A Simulation Study. J Nucl Med September 1, 2004 vol. 45 no. 9 1519-1527
- Shyam M. Srinivas, .A recovery coefficient method for partial volume correction of PET images. Annals of Nuclear Medicine, June 2009, Volume 23, Issue 4, pp 341-348 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12149-009-0241-9
- Lee-Tzuu Chang, A Method for Attenuation Correction in Radionuclide Computed Tomography. IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science Volume: 25, Issue: 1, Feb. 1978 p 638-640 https://doi.org/10.1109/TNS.1978.4329385
- N.A. Mullani, J. Markham, M.M. Ter-Pogossian, "Feasibility of time-of-flight reconstruction in positron emission tomography", Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 21, pp. 1095-97, 1980.