- Volume 33 Issue 5_1
DOI QR Code
Detection Method of River Floating Debris Using Unmanned Aerial Vehicle and Multispectral Sensors
무인항공기 및 다중분광센서를 이용한 하천부유쓰레기 탐지 기법 연구
- Kim, Heung-Min (Major in the Division of Earth's Environmental System Science of Spatial Information Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Yoon, HongJoo (Major in the Division of Earth's Environmental System Science of Spatial Information Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Jang, SeonWoong (IREMTECH. CO. LTD) ;
- Chung, YongHyun (Department of Ecological Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- 김흥민 (부경대학교 지구환경시스템과학부 공간정보시스템공학전공) ;
- 윤홍주 (부경대학교 지구환경시스템과학부 공간정보시스템공학전공) ;
- 장선웅 ((주)아이렘기술개발) ;
- 정용현 (부경대학교 생태공학과)
- Received : 2017.06.22
- Accepted : 2017.09.10
- Published : 2017.10.30
This study aims to develop the floating debris detection algorithm using a Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) and multispectral sensors. In addition, the occurrence range of floating debris was estimated by applying the algorithm. An aerial photograph using an unmanned aerial vehicle was used to generate an orthoimage that can calculate the area. A spectrum survey of water, plants litter, polystyrene foam etc. was conducted. After obtaining spectroscopic characteristics of floating debris and water, the River Floating Debris (RFD) index was calculated. And we detected the floating debris through band combination of sensor using RFD. As a result of the RFD application, accumulation zone of floating debris was confirmed at three sites in the orthoimage. It was estimated that a lot of floating debris was accumulated at 0.82 ha (
본 연구는 무인항공기 및 다중분광센서를 이용한 부유쓰레기 탐지 알고리즘을 개발하고자 하였다. 또한 알고리즘을 적용하여 하천의 부유쓰레기 발생 범위를 산정하였다. 부유쓰레기 탐지 구간을 대상으로 무인항공기를 이용한 항공촬영을 통해 면적 계산이 가능한 정사영상을 생성하였으며, 분광조사를 수행하여 하천수, 스티로폼, 초목류 등의 분광학적 특성을 이용한 부유쓰레기 탐지 지수식을 산출하였다. 그리고 산출된 지수식을 이용한 센서의 밴드 조합을 통해 스티로폼을 비롯한 부유쓰레기를 탐지하였다. 탐지 지수식 적용 결과 정사영상 내 총 3지점에서 대량의 부유쓰레기 집적 구간이 확인되었으며, 탐지 대상 면적 중 집적구간을 포함한 3.6%에 해당하는 0.82 ha(
Supported by : 부경대학교
- Choe, E., J.W. Lee, and J.K. Lee, 2011. Estimation of Chlorophyll-a Concentrations in the Nakdong River Using High-Resolution Satellite Image, Korean Journal of Remote Sensing, 27(5): 613-623 (in Korean with English abstract). https://doi.org/10.7780/kjrs.2011.27.5.613
- Del Pozo, S., P. Rodriguez-Gonzalvez, D. Hernandez-Lopez, and B. Felipe-Garcia, 2014. Vicarious radiometric calibration of a multispectral camera on board an unmanned aerial system, Remote Sensing, 6(3): 1918-1937. https://doi.org/10.3390/rs6031918
- Everaerts, J., 2008. The use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for remote sensing and mapping. In proceeding of the International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Beijing, China, July 5-7, pp. 1187-1192.
- Hong, J.O., 2007. A study on management division of land-based marine debris: focused on the Nakdong river basin, Gyeongnam Development Institute, Korea.
- Jang, H.S. and T.H. Roh, 2005. Extraction of Horizontal Alignment Information using RC Helicopter Photogrammetric System, Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies, 8(4): 44-51.
- Jang, S.W., S.K. Lee, S.Y. Oh, D.H. Kim, and H.J. Yoon, 2011. The Application of Unmanned Aerial Photography for Effective Monitoring of Marine Debris, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Envrionment & Safety, 17(4): 307-314. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2011.17.4.307
- Jang, S.W., D.H. Kim, Y.H. Chung, and H.J. Yoon, 2014. Behavior Characteristics of Floating Debris Spilled from the Nakdong River, Korean Journal of Remote Sensing, 30(1): 127-136. https://doi.org/10.7780/kjrs.2014.30.1.10
- Jang, S.W., D.H. Kim, K.T. Seong, Y.H. Chung, and H.J. Yoon, 2014. Analysis of floating debris behaviour in the Nakdong River basin of the southern Korean peninsula using satellite location tracking buoys, Marine Pollution Bulletin, 88(1): 275-283. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2014.08.031
- Jang, S.W., D.H. Kim, Y.H. Chung, and H.J. Yoon, 2015. A Study on Exploring Accumulation Zone and Composition Investigation of Floating Debris in Nakdong River Basin, Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies, 18(2): 45-58. https://doi.org/10.11108/kagis.2015.18.2.045
- Jang, S.W. and H.J. Yoon, 2017. Estimation of Movement Amount of River Floating Debris Based on Effective Rainfall and Flow Rate, Journal of the Korean Institute of Electronics Communication Sciences, 12(1): 237-242.
- Kim, D.I., Y.S. Song, G.H. Kim, and C.W. Kim, 2014. A Study on the Application of UAV for Korean Land Monitoring, Journal of the Korean Society of Surveying, Geodesy, Photogrammetry and Cartography, 32(1): 29-38. https://doi.org/10.7848/ksgpc.2014.32.1.29
- Kim H.M., H.J. Yoon, S.W. Jang, S.N. Kwak, B.Y. Sohn, S.G. Kim, and D.H. Kim, 2016. Application of Unamnned Aerial Vehicle Imagery for Algal Bloom Monitoring in River Basin, International Journal of Control and Automation, 9(12): 203-220. https://doi.org/10.14257/ijca.2016.9.12.18
- Lee, H., G. Nam, T. Kang, and S. Yoon, 2014. Estimating Chlorophyll-a Concentration using Spectral Mixture Analysis from RapidEye Imager in Nak-dong River Basin, Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment, 30(3): 329-339. https://doi.org/10.15681/KSWE.2014.30.3.329
- Lim J., J. Baik, H. Kim, and M. Choi, 2015. Estimation of Water Quality using Landsat 8 Images for Geum-river, Korea, Journal of Korea Water Resource Association, 48(2): 79-90. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2015.48.2.79
- Ministry of Environment, 2013. An exploratoty study to make the second basic plan on main stream and estuary of the five major rivers, Korea.
- Su, Tung-Ching and Hung-Ta Chou, 2015. Application of multispectral sensors carried on unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) to trophic state mapping of small reservoirs: a case study of Tain-Pu reservoir in Kinmen, Taiwan, Remote Sensing, 7(8): 10078-10097. https://doi.org/10.3390/rs70810078
- Van der Merwe, D. and Kevin P. Price, 2015. Harmful algal bloom characterization at ultra-high spatial and temporal resolution using small unmanned aircraft systems, Toxins, 7(4): 1065-1078. https://doi.org/10.3390/toxins7041065
- Wang, D., Y. Kageyama, M. Nishida, H. Shirai, and A. Motozawa, 2013. Water Quality Analysis in Lake Hachiroko, Japan, using ALOS AVNIR-2 Data, IEEJ Transactions on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, 8(6): 627-633. https://doi.org/10.1002/tee.21906
- Yu, J.S., B.S. Yoon, J.H. Rho, and S.H. Yoon, 2002. Investigation of Floating Debris Characteristics Drained from 4 Big River on a Flooding, Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environmental Engineering, 5(3): 45-53.