- Volume 11 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Energy-Efficient Cooperative Beamforming based CMISO Transmission with Optimal Nodes Deployment in Wireless Sensor Networks
- Gan, Xiong (School of Mechanical and Electronic Engineering, Wuhan University of Technology) ;
- Lu, Hong (School of Mechanical and Electronic Engineering, Wuhan University of Technology) ;
- Yang, Guangyou (Institute of Agricultural Machinery, Hubei University of Technology)
- Received : 2017.01.08
- Accepted : 2017.05.09
- Published : 2017.08.31
This paper analyzes the nodes deployment optimization problem in energy constrained wireless sensor networks, which multi-hop cooperative beamforming (CB) based cooperative-multi-input-single-output (CMISO) transmission is adopted to reduce the energy consumption. Firstly, we establish the energy consumption models for multi-hop SISO, multi-hop DSTBC based CMISO, multi-hop CB based CMISO transmissions under random nodes deployment. Then, we minimize the energy consumption by searching the optimal nodes deployment for the three transmissions. Furthermore, numerical results present the optimal nodes deployment parameters for the three transmissions. Energy consumption of the three transmissions are compared under optimal nodes deployment, which shows that CB based CMISO transmission consumes less energy than SISO and DSTBC based CMISO transmissions. Meanwhile, under optimal nodes deployment, the superiorities of CB based CMISO transmission over SISO and DSTBC based CMISO transmissions can be more obvious when path-loss-factor becomes low.
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. L. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, E. Cayirci, "A survey on sensor networks," IEEE communications magazine, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 102-114, Aug. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2002.1024422
- T. Rault, A. Bouabdallah, Y. Challal, "Energy efficiency in wireless sensor networks: A top-down survey," Computer Networks, vol. 67, no. 4, pp. 104-122, Jul. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2014.03.027
- D. S. Wang, L. S. Huang, H. L. Xu, J. M. Wu. J. X. Zhang, "Wireless sensor network energy-efficient placement algorithm based on vector," Journal of Computer Research & Development, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 626-635, Apr. 2008.
- K. Xu, H. Hassanein, G. Takahara, Q. Wang, "Relay node deployment strategies in heterogeneous wireless sensor networks," IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 145-159, Feb. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2009.105
- Z.Wang, Q.Wang, D. B. Wei, L. Wang, "Relay node placement and addition algorithms in wireless sensor networks," Acta Physica Sinica, vol. 61, no. 12, pp. 95-104, Dec. 2012.
- A. Nigam, Y. K. Agarwal, "Optimal relay node placement in delay constrained wireless sensor network design," European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 233, no. 1, pp. 220-233, Feb. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2013.08.031
- Z. Wang, Q. Wang, "Research on multi-restricted fault-tolerant relay node placement algorithm in wireless sensor networks," Chinese Journal of Electronics, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 115-120, Mar. 2011.
- D. N. Nguyen, M. Krunz, "Cooperative MIMO in wireless networks: recent developments and challenges," IEEE Network, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 48-54, Aug. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/MNET.2013.6574665
- S. G. Cui, A. J. Goldsmith, A. Bahai, "Energy-efficiency of mimo and cooperative mimo techniques in sensor networks," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications,vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 1089-1098, Aug. 2004.
- S. K. Jayaweera, "V-blast-based virtual mimo for distributed wireless sensor networks," IEEE Transactions onCommunications, vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 1867-1872, Oct. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2007.906389
- J. C. Fan, Q. Y. Yin, W. J. Wang, A. Feng, "Analysis of energy efficiency for cooperative beamforming in wireless sensor networks," Journal on Communications, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 145-151, Nov. 2008.
- J. Zhang, L. Fei, Q. Gao, X. H. Peng, "Energy-efficient multihop cooperative miso transmission with optimal hop distance in wireless ad hoc networks," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 3426-3435, Oct. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2011.081011.102210
- H. L. Xu, L. S. Huang, C. M. Qiao, X. L. Wang, Y.Sun, "Topology control with vmimo communication in wireless sensor networks," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 6328-6339, Dec. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2013.110413.130444
- B. Li, H .X .Li, W. J. Wang, Q. Y. Yin, H. Liu, "Performance analysis and optimization for energy-efficient cooperative transmission in random wireless sensor network," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 4647-4657, Sep. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2013.072313.121949
- B. Li, W. J. Wang, Q. Y. Yin, R. Yang, Y .B. Li, C .Wang, "A new cooperative transmission metric in wireless sensor networks to minimize energy consumption per unit transmit distance," IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 626-629, May. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2012.030512.112380
- H. L. Xu, L. S. Huang, C. M. Qiao, W. C. Dai, Y. Sun, " Joint virtual mimo and data gathering for wireless sensor networks," IEEE Transactions onParallel & Distributed Systems, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 1034-1048, Apr. 2015.
- N. Zhao, F. R. Yu, H. J. Sun,"Adaptive energy-efficient power allocation in green interference-alignment-based wireless networks," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 64, no. 9, pp. 4268-4281, Sep. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2014.2362005
- N. Zhao, F. R. Yu, H. J. Sun, M. Li,"Adaptive power allocation schemes for spectrum sharing in interference-alignment-based cognitive radio networks," IEEE transactions on vehicular technology, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 3700-3714,May. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2015.2440428
- C. Buratti, A. Zanella, "Multihop virtual MIMO systems with channel reuse in a poisson field of nodes," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 2060-2069, Jun. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2011.2142331
- H. C. Ding, C. W. Xing, S. D. Ma, G. H. Yang, Z. S. Fei, "Transmission Capacity of Clustered Ad Hoc Networks With Virtual Antenna Array," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 65, no. 9, pp. 6926-6939, Sep. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2015.2493158
- S. G. Cui, A. J. Goldsmith, A. Bahai, "Energy-constrained modulation optimization," IEEE Transactions onWireless Communications, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 1034-1048, Sep. 2005.