- Volume 20 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Sensor Node Design based on State Transition Model
상태천이모델 기반의 센서 노드 설계
- Shin, DongHyun (Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Gangneung-Wonju National University) ;
- Kim, Changhwa (Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Gangneung-Wonju National University)
- Received : 2017.07.17
- Accepted : 2017.07.28
- Published : 2017.08.31
Sensor networks are used in various fields such as marine, defense, and smart home etc. Among the components of the sensor network, the sensor node collects sensor data, as one of the representative sensor network roles, and the sensor node makes a greate influence on the overall performance of the sensor network. Therefore, how to design the sensor node is an important issue in the sensor network field. However, the research on the sensor network architecture suitable for the sensor network installation environment has been made more important than the research on how to configure the sensor node. In this paper, we propose to identify elements to be considered for designing a sensor node that makes a large influence on the performance of the sensor network, and to easily implement the sensor node through the state transition model based on these elements.
Grant : Development of the wide-band underwater mobile communication systems
Supported by : Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, Gangneung-Wonju National University
- D.H. Shin and C.H. Kim, "A Sensor Construction Method in Sensor Node of Sensor Network," Proceeding of Korea Multimedia Society Conference, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 13-16, 2017.
- D.H. Shin and C.H. Kim, “Data Compression Method for Reducing Sensor Data Loss and Error in Wireless Sensor Network,” Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 360-374, 2016. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2016.19.2.360
- H.W. Nam, S.S. Shin, C.H. Kim, and S.H. Park, "Remote Monitoring System Based on Ocean Sensor Networks for Offshore Aquaculture," Proceeding of IEEE Oceanic Engineering Society, pp. 14-19, 2014.
- R. Herlien, T. O'Reilly, K. Headley, D.R. Edgington, S. Tilak, T. Fountain, et al., "An Ocean Observatory Sensor Network Application," Sensors, pp. 1837-1842, 2010.
- D.H. Shin and C.H. Kim, “Sensor Network System for Littoral Sea Cage Culture Monitoring,” KIPS Transaction on Computer and Communication Systems, Vol. 5, No. 9, pp. 247-260, 2016. https://doi.org/10.3745/KTCCS.2016.5.9.247
- D.S. Kridi, C.G.N. Carvalho, and D.G. Gomes, "Application of Wireless Sensor Networks for Beehive Monitoring and In-Hive Thermal Patterns Detection," Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, Vol. 127, pp. 221-235, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2016.05.013
- J.Z. Sun and J. Zhou, "Querying Sensor Network with Extended SQL," Wireless Communications, Networking and Information Security, pp. 634-638, 2010.
- M. Ruiz, E. Alvarez, A. Serrano, and E. Garicia, “The Convergence between Wireless Sensor Networks and the Internet of Thnigs; Challenges and Perspectives: A Survey,” IEEE Latin America Transactions, Vol. 14, No. 10, pp. 4249-4254, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TLA.2016.7786301
- N.Y. Yun, J.I. Namgung, H.M. Park, S.H. Park, and C.H. Kim, "The Underwater Environment Monitoring System Based on Ocean Oriented WSN(Wireless Sensor Network)," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 13, No.1, pp. 122-132, 2010.
- C.J. Seong and C.H. Kim, "State Transition Model-based Design of Wireless Gateway Types to Connect between a Sub-network of Things and Mobile Internet and their Performance Evaluations," Journal of Korea Society for Simulation, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 1-14, 2016. https://doi.org/10.9709/JKSS.2016.25.3.001