- Volume 18 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Fabrication and Performance Evaluation of MR-16 Lamp Series with Narrow Angular Distribution of Luminous Intensity Using an Aspherical Planar-convex 2×2 Fly-eye Lens Type
평면-비구면 2×2 fly-eye 렌즈형태의 2차 렌즈를 사용한 고효율의 좁은 배광각을 갖는 MR-16 램프 시리즈 제작 및 성능평가
- Chu, Kyung-duk (Department of Photonics and Sensors, Hannam University) ;
- Ryu, Jae Myung (Department of Optical Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Hong, Chun-Gang (KangDong Tech co. LTD) ;
- Jeong, Youn Hong (Department of Optometry, Kookje University) ;
- Jo, Jae Heung (Department of Photonics and Sensors, Hannam University)
- 추경덕 (한남대학교 공과대학 광.센서공학과) ;
- 류재명 (금오공과대학교 광시스템공학과) ;
- 홍춘강 ((주)강동테크) ;
- 정연홍 (국제대학교 안경광학과) ;
- 조재흥 (한남대학교 공과대학 광.센서공학과)
- Received : 2017.04.24
- Accepted : 2017.08.17
- Published : 2017.08.31
This paper reports the optical design of the MR-16 lamp series with a LED second lens and an aspherical plano-convex lens suitable for a simple and rapid injection molding fabrication method. The fabrication and performance evaluation of the MR-16 lamp series, which was designed with a narrow angular distribution of luminous intensity, were conducted to replace halogen lamps with LED lamps. Four types of LED lamps were fabricated, which have angular distributions of luminous intensity of
Supported by : Ministry of Trade, Industry & Energy
- Z. Zhenrong, H. Xiang, and L. Xu, "Freeform surface lens for LED uniform illumination", Appl. Opt. 48, pp. 6627-6634, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.48.006627 https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.48.006627
- D. Malacara and Z. Malacara, Handbook of Optical Design 2th ed., Chapter 9, Marcel Dekker Inc., New York, USA, 2004.
- D. Y. Lee, C. H Ko, C. W. Yi, "Compare the efficiency of the reflector and LED secondary lens", Proceedings of KIIEE Annual Conference (Hoseo University, Korea), p. 60, Nov. 2014.
- J. H Kim, M. S. Jung, S. W. Kim, "Aspherical Lens Design of LED surface source", Proceedings of the Optical Society of Korea Conference (Polytechnic University, Korea), pp. 299-300, Feb. 2007.
- K. W. Park, J. Y. Joo, "The Optical Design of Illumination System for LED Stage Lighting Projectors", Proceedings of KIIEE Annual Conference (Korea), pp. 5-6, May 2014.
- S. C. Yoo, K. S. Yoo, D. H. Hyun, "A Study on Aspheric Optics Research for Improving the Luminous Efficiency of the LED MR16", Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers, pp. 480-487, 2013.
- J. H. Park, B. G. Moon, J. H. Yu, "Design of Optical System for LED Lamp using MR16", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 4725-4732, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.10.4725 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.10.4725
- W. J. Smith, Modern Optical Engineering Third Edition, Chapter 2, SPIE press.Mcgraw-Hill, USA, 2001.
- J. H. Jo, "Lamp System with a Single Second-lens Newly Designed by Using the Least Square Method for 4 LEDs", Proc. SPIE 9131, 91311F, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2051642
- W. J. Smith, Modern Lens Design Second Edition, Chapter. 2, Mcgraw-Hill professional engineering SPIE press, USA, 2005.
- E. Hecht, Optics 4th ed., Chap. 9, Addison-Wesley, USA, 2001.