- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
MATHEMATICAL UNDERSTANDING OF CONSCIOUSNESS AND UNCONCIOUSNESS
- LEE, NAMI (DR. LEE'S PSYCHOLANALYSIS CLINIC) ;
- KIM, EUN YOUNG (DEPARTMENT OF NEUROPSYCHIATRY, SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL, MENTAL HEALTH CENTER, SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY HEALTH CARE CENTER) ;
- SHIN, CHANGSOO (DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY RESOURCES ENGINEERING, SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY)
- Received : 2017.04.12
- Accepted : 2017.05.29
- Published : 2017.06.25
This paper approaches the subject of consciousness and unconsciousness from a mathematical point of view. It sets up a hypothesis that when unconscious state becomes conscious state, high density energy is released. We argue that the process of transformation of unconsciousness into consciousness can be expressed using the infinite recursive Heaviside step function. We claim that differentiation of the potential of unconsciousness with respect to time is the process of being conscious in a world where only time exists, since the thinking process never have any concrete space. We try to attribute our unconsciousness to a special solution of the multi-dimensional advection partial differential equation which can be represented by the finite recursive Heaviside step function. Mathematical language explains how the infinitive neural process is perceived and understood by consciousness in a definitive time.
- P. Davies, God and the New Physics, Simon and Schuster, New York, 1984.
- P. Medawar, The Limits of Science, Harper and Row, New York, 1984.
- S.A. Dadundshvili, A Coordinate System for Representation of the Information Phenomena, Gerogian Engineering News (2005), 36-47.
- C.G. Jung and T. Pauli, The Interpretation of Nature and the Psyche, Youam Seoga, Seoul, 2015.
- M.C. Kefatos, Fundamental Mathematics of Consciousness Cosmos and History, The Journal of Natural and Social Philosophy, 11 (2015), 175-188.
- G.F. Duff and D. Naylor, Differential Equations of Applied Mathematics, John Wiley and Sons, Hoboben, 1966.
- C. Shin and D. Cha, An Attempt towards Mathematical Description of the Human Mental State, Advancements and Developments in Applied Mathematics, 5 (2015), 1-8.
- E.J. Berg, Heaviside's Operational Calculus, 2nd ed. Mc Graw-Hill, New York, 1936.