- Volume 7 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Definition of 3D Modeling Level of Detail in BIM Regeneration Through Reverse Engineering - Case Study on 3D Modeling Using Terrestrial LiDAR -
역설계를 통해 BIM 구축시에 3D 모델링에 대한 세밀도(LoD) 정립 - 지상 LiDAR 활용한 3D 모델링 연구 중심 -
- Received : 2017.12.18
- Accepted : 2017.12.19
- Published : 2017.12.31
When it comes to set up the BIM through the reverse engineering, the level of detail(LoD) required for finalized outcomes is different from each purpose. Therefore, it is necessary to establish some concrete criteria which describe the definition of LoDs on 3D modeling for the purpose of each reverse engineering. This research shows the criteria of the 1) positional accuracy, 2) generalization level, 3) scale level, 4) scope of description, and 5) the area available for application by classifying LoD from 1 to 6 on 3D modeling for each purpose of reverse engineering. Moreover, through applying those criteria for the 3D point cloud dataset of building made by terrestrial LiDAR, this research finds out the working hour of 3D modeling of reverse engineering by each LoDs according to defined LoD criteria for each level. It is expected that those findings, how those criteria of LoD on reverse engineering are utilized for modeling-workers to decide whether the outcomes can be suitable for their budget, applicable fields or not, would contribute to help them as a basic information.
- AIA(American Institute of Architects). (2013). AIA document G202-2013, Project Building Information Modeling Protocol Form.
- Bae, C. G. (2012). Accuracy comparison of photogrammetry & Laser Scanning Targeting Cultural Assets, Masters Thesis, Kyungpook National University.
- Bae, K. J. (2011). A Study on the Criterion Establishment of LOD(Level of Detail) for BIM Model, Masters Thesis, Hanyang University.
- Chae, J. H. (2017). A Study on the Definition of 3D Modeling Level According to the Applications of Reverse Engineering, Masters Thesis, University of Seoul.
- Cho, H. J., Kim, Y. S., Ma, Y. K. (2013). A Study of LOD(Level of Detail) for BIM Model applied the Design Process, Journal of KIBIM, 3(1), pp. 1-10. https://doi.org/10.13161/KIBIM.2013.3.1.001
- Cho, H. S., Sohn, H. G., Kim, J. S., Lee, S. K. (2008). Tunnel Reverse Engineering Using Terrestrial LiDAR, KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, 28(6), pp. 931-936.
- Choo, S. Y., Lee, K. H., Park, S. K. (2012). A Study on LOD(Level of Development) for Development of Green BIM Guidelines, Journal of The Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, 28(6), pp. 37-47. https://doi.org/10.5659/JAIK_PD.2012.28.6.37
- Han, S. H., Sohn, H. G., Kim, J. S., Woo, S. K. (2008). Examination of Construction Site Using 3D Laser scanner, Proceedings of The Korean Society For Geospatial Information System, pp. 525-528.
- Hong, S. H., Cho, H. S., Kim, N. H., Sohn, H. G. (2015). 3D Indoor Modeling Based on Terrestrial Laser Scanning, Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 35(2), pp. 525-531. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2015.35.2.0525
- Jung H. M. (2015). The study on the information level and modeling of BIM model for Architectural planning permission drawings, Masters Thesis, Kongju National University.
- Kang, T. W. (2015). Development Considerations for Reverse Engineering Guidelines for AEC, Journal of KIBIM, 5(4), pp. 23-29. https://doi.org/10.13161/kibim.2015.5.4.023
- Kang, T. W., Kim, J. E. (2016). Large Point Cloud-based Pipe Shape Reverse Engineering Automation Method, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 17(3), pp. 692-698. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.3.692
- Kim, Y. D. (2014). Planimetric Mapping and Profile Leveling Using Terrestrial LiDAR System, Masters Thesis, Hankyong National University.
- Korea Infrastructure Safety Corporation. (2012). Study on Introduction of BIM-Based Smart Maintenance Technology.
- Korea Land, Housing Corporation. (2012). LH BIM Guideline 2012 Version. 1.0.
- Kwon, S. W. (2015). Strategy for Applying of Reverse Engineering in Construction Industry, Magazine of KIBIM, 5(3), pp. 14-24.
- Lee, I. S., Tcha, D. K., Kim, S. J., Kim, J. (2009). Test-Bed Establishment Scheme for Terrestrial Laser Scanner' Performance Evaluation, The Journal of GIS Association of Korea, 17(1), pp. 39-49.
- Lee, K. H., Park, H. J., Choo, S. Y. (2016). A Study on the Development of BIM-COBie based on Reverse Engineering Technology for Efficient Maintenance of Apartment Houses, Proceedings of Korean Housing Association, 28(1), pp. 91-91.
- Lee, S. J. (2011). Construction site monitoring and quality management using Terrestrial LiDAR, Masters Thesis, Yonsei University.
- Lee, S. S., Kwon, S. W. (2014). A Study on Optimal Laser Scanning method for Reverse Engineering at Interior Remodeling Project, Korea Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 15(3), pp. 3-11. https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2014.15.3.003
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs. (2010). BIM Guideline for Architectural Field.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs. (2012). Establishment of Standard for Architecture Design Book.
- NGII(National Geographic Information Institute). (2016). Work Regulation of 3D Land Geospatial Information Construction.
- NGII(National Geographic Information Institute). (2015). Work Regulation for Creating a Digital Map.
- OGC(Open Geospatial Consortium). (2012). OGC City Geography Markup Language (CityGML) En-coding Standard.
- Public Procurement Service. (2015). BIM Basic Guidebook for Facility Project. Ver. 1.3.
- Park, H. G. (2013). Study on the Korean Accuracy Standards Setting of Digital Map for the Construction and Utilization of Precise Geospatial Information, Journal of the Korean Society of Surveying, Geodesy, Photogrammetry and Cartography, 31(6), pp. 493-502. https://doi.org/10.7848/ksgpc.2013.31.6-1.493
- Park, G. H., Cho, S. H., You, K. H. (2006). A Reverse Engineering Case Study on Civil and Geo-Technical Structures with 3D Laser Scanner, Proceedings of Korean Geo-Environmental Society, pp. 227-236.
- Park, H. G., Park, H. M., Park, J. Y., Kim, E. M. (2014). Utilization of High-precision Spatial Information Based on Large-scale Digital Map, Journal of the Korean Society of Surveying, Geodesy, Photogrammetry and Cartography, 32(1), pp. 49-54. https://doi.org/10.7848/ksgpc.2014.32.1.49
- Park, S. H., Choi, D. H., Han, D. Y. (2009). Deformation Measurements of Dam using Terrestrial Laser Scanner, The Journal of the Korean Society of Surveying, Geodesy, Photogrammetry and Cartography, 27(1), pp. 1-11.
- Park, S. H. (2015). openBIM-based Operation and Management of Architectural Design Information according to LOI (Level Of Information) for Integrated Design Process, Ph. D. Thesis, Kyunghee University.
- Raja, V., Fernandes, K. J. (2007). Reverse Engineering.
- Kim, K. M. (2015). BIM-based on Spatial Information Construction Using Terrestrial LiDAR, Masters Thesis, Chonbuk National University.
- Randall, T. (2011). Construction Engineering Requirements for Integrating Laser Scanning Technology and Building Information Modeling, Journal of Construction Engineering and Management.
- Yu, J. H., Hong, S. E., Kim, Y. K. (2013). A Accuracy Analysis of Reverse Design of Architectural Heritage by Terrestrial LiDAR, Journal of the Korean Society of cadastre, 29(2), pp. 85-97.