- Volume 16 Issue 2
Cure Characteristics of Ethoxysilyl Bisphenol A Type Epoxy Resin Systems for Next Generation Semiconductor Packaging Materials
새로운 반도체 Packaging용 Ethoxysilyl Bisphenol A Type Epoxy Resin System의 경화특성 연구
- Kim, Whan Gun (Department of Nano-Convergence Engineering, Seokyeong University)
- 김환건 (서경대학교 나노융합공학과)
- Received : 2017.05.01
- Accepted : 2017.06.19
- Published : 2017.06.30
The cure properties of ethoxysilyl bisphenol A type epoxy resin (Ethoxysilyl-DGEBA) systems with different hardeners were investigated, comparing with DGEBA and Diallyl-DGEBA epoxy resin systems. The cure kinetics of these systems were analyzed by differential scanning calorimetry with an isothermal approach, and the kinetic parameters of all systems were reported in generalized kinetic equations with diffusion effects. The Ethoxysilyl-DGEBA epoxy resin system showed lower cure conversion rates than DGEBA and Diallyl-DGEBA epoxy resin systems. The conversion rates of these epoxy resin systems with DDM hardener are lower than those with HF-1M hardener. It can be considered that the optimum hardener for Ethoxysilyl-DGEBA epoxy resin system is Phenol Novolac type. These lower cure conversion rates in the Ethoxysilyl-DGEBA epoxy resin systems could be explained by the retardation of reaction molecule movements according to the formation of organic-inorganic hybrid network structure by epoxy and ethoxysilyl group in Ethoxysilyl- DGEBA epoxy resin system.
Supported by : 서경대학교
- Tomikawa, M., "Semiconductor Packaging Technical Annual Report 2014", pp. 111-120, Nikkei BP Co., Tokyo, Japan.
- Nakajima, H., "Semiconductor Packaging Technical Annual Report 2014", pp. 9-22, Nikkei BP Co., Tokyo, Japan.
- Chun, H. and et al., Korea Patent 10-1252063 (Registered Patent).
- Kim, W.G., and Chun, H., Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, Vol. 636, pp. 107-116, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1080/15421406.2016.1201388
- Chun, H. and et al., Korea Patent 10-2014-0105162 (Open Patent).
- Kim, W.G., and et al., Korea Patent 10-2012-0103042 (Open Patent).
- Kim, W.G., and Chun, H., Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, Vol. 579, pp. 39-49, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1080/15421406.2013.805071
- Kim, W.G., and Lee, J.Y., Polymer, Vol.43, pp. 5713-5722, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-3861(02)00444-5
- Prime, R.B., "Thermal Characteristic of Polymer Materials", Academic Press Inc., New York, USA. 1981.
- Han, S., Yoon, H.G., Suh, G.S., Kim, W.G., and Moon, T.J., J. Polymer. Science: Part A:Polymer. Chemistry, Vol. 37, pp. 713-720, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-0518(19990315)37:6<713::AID-POLA6>3.0.CO;2-I
- Ryu, J.H., Choi, K.S., and W.G. Kim, J. Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 96, pp. 2287-2299, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1002/app.21001
- Kim, W.G., and Lee, J.Y., J. Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 86, pp. 1942-1952, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/app.11104