- Volume 19 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The review about ultra long subsea tunnel design under high water pressure
고수압 초장대 해저터널에 관한 연구
- Jun, Duk-Chan (Yooshin Engineering Co.) ;
- Kim, Ki-Lim (Yooshin Engineering Co.) ;
- Hong, Eui-Joon (Yooshin Engineering Co.) ;
- Kim, Chan-Dong (Yooshin Engineering Co.) ;
- Lee, Young-Joon (Yooshin Engineering Co.) ;
- Hong, Cheor-Hwa ((Pangyo Project Division), Gyeonggi Urban innovation Corp.)
- Received : 2017.07.17
- Accepted : 2017.10.26
- Published : 2017.11.30
Subsea tunnel needs to be built over 50 km long to connect between nations and continents. However there are only 19 tunnels longer than 5 km until recently. And there is no history of constructing and operating tunnel longer than 50 km. In Korea, subsea tunnels with a length of more than 50 km are being planned, such as Korea~Japan, Korea~China, Honam~Jeju subsea tunnels. Because of the geographical conditions of Korea, most of these tunnels are inter-contry tunnels. So technology preemption for the subsea tunnel construction is getting more and more important. Most of these subsea tunnels are ultra-long tunnels under high water pressure conditions. So new technologies are required such as ventilation and disaster prevention of high-speed tunnels, securing of structural stability under high pressure conditions, and pressure reduction in high-speed conditions. These technologies are different from those of ground tunnels. Therefore, this paper describes the ultra-long subsea tunnel design under high water pressure of maximum 16 bars through the Honam (land) - Jeju (island) virtual subsea project. We proposed a reasonable solution to various problems such as securing structural stability in high pressure condition and ventilation disaster prevention system of ultra long-tunnel.
Grant : 고수압 초장대 해저터널 자립을 위한핵심기술개발
Supported by : 건설교통과학기술진흥원
- Jo, H.J., Chun, K.M., Kim, J.W., Lee, J.K. (2015), "A study on the characteristics for temporary ventilation of long subsea tunnels - focused on the current situation and improvement", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol.17, No. 2, pp.153-166. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.2.153
- Kim, K.L., Hong, E.J., Jun, D.C., Moon, Y.O., Kim, S.H., Cho, H.J. (2015), "A study on the optimum cross section design for single track double bored tunnels in high speed railway", ITA WTC 2015 congress and 41st General Assembly, Croatia, pp. 166-167.
- Kim, S.H., Moon, Y.O., Kim, K.L., Cho, H.M, Kim, J.W., Lee, S.W. (2012), "A study on the determination of railway tunnel cross-section areas on the basis of aerodynamic considerations", The 38st ITA-AITES World Tunnel Congress 2012, Thailand, pp. 681-682.
- Lee, Y.J., Kim, K.L., Jeong, K.W., Hong, E.J., Kim, S.H., Jun, D.C. (2015), "A study on the design of shield tunnel lining in high water pressure condition", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 227-236. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.3.227
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2013). Design Criteria for Railroad (Road bed), Korea.
- Swiss Society of Engineers and Architects (1998). SIA 196: Ventilation in underground, Swiss.
- UIC (2005). Determination of railway tunnel cross-sectional areas on the basis of aerodynamic considerations, UIC leaflet 779-11, Edition No.2.
- Yoo, J.O., Kim, J.S., Rie, D.H., Shin, H.J. (2015), "The study on interval calculation of cross passage in undersea tunnel by quantitative risk assesment method", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 249-256. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.3.249
- Yooshin Engineering Corporation (2011). "Honam-Jeju undersea high speed railway", Tunnel and Underground Space in Korea 2011, pp. 136-139.