- Volume 7 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Convergence Study about Meta-Analysis on the Effects of ACT Intervention Program
수용전념치료(ACT)프로그램 효과의 메타분석에 대한 융합연구
- Kim, Kyung Hee (Division of Early Childhood Education, Dongshin University)
- 김경희 (동신대학교 유아교육학과)
- Received : 2016.09.09
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.31
The purpose of this study was using a meta-analysis to estimate effect size ACT intervention program. Using a statistical method, meta-analysis has advantages that prove intervention's amount and direction. Meta-analysis facilitates comprehensive analysis. Through the data collection, 43studies were selected and 183 effect size were calculated as analysis objects. Using a 183 effect size, the overall effect size, Effect Size of categorical Factor, meta-regression result were suggested. The overall effect size of ACT program was 0.704. In the effect area of ACT, the affective domain had the largest effect size. Next were the cognitive domain, the behavioral domain. Analysis on gender of participant, mixed group had the largest effect size. Next were the female grouop, male group. Analysis on age of participant, adult group had the largest effect size. Next were the undergraduate grouop, adolescent group. Based on the findings, implications for future study were discussed.
이 연구는 메타분석을 활용하여 현재 다양한 영역에서 실시되고 있는 수용전념치료 프로그램의 효과에 대해 종합적으로 평가하였다. 메타분석은 통계적인 방법을 활용하여 개입의 크기와 방향을 제시한다. 이를 통해 개입에 대한 종합적 분석이 가능하다. 논문의 선정기준을 통해 총 43편의 연구물을 분석 대상으로 선정하였다. 선정된 33편의 연구물에서 183개의 효과크기를 종합하여 전체효과크기, 하위집단별 효과크기, 메타회귀분석 결과를 제시하였다. 그 결과 수용전념치료 프로그램의 전체 효과크기는 0.704로 나타났다. 이는 중간 이상의 효과크기를 의미한다. 수용전념치료의 효과 영역에 따라 효과크기를 비교한 결과, 정의적 영역, 인지적 영역, 행동적 영역 순으로 효과크기를 나타냈다. 참가자의 특성에 따른 효과크기를 비교한 결과 첫째, 성별에 따른 분석결과, 혼성 집단, 여성 집단, 남성 집단 순으로 효과크기를 나타냈다. 둘째 연령에 따른 분석 결과 일반성인, 대학생(대학원생), 청소년 순이었다. 이러한 연구 결과를 바탕으로 후속연구와 향후 프로그램 운영에 대한 시사점을 논의하였다.
- H. M. Moon, "Development and validation of the program for facilitation of psychological acceptance based on acceptance & commitment therapy model", The Catholic University of Korea, 2006.
- S. C. Hayes, "Acceptance and commitment therapy, relational frame theory, and the third wave of behavioral and cognitive therapies." Behavior therapy Vol.35, No.4, pp.639-665, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0005-7894(04)80013-3
- S. C. Hayes, K. G. Wilson, E. V. Gifford, V. M. Follette, "Experiential avoidance and behavioral disorders: A functional dimensional approach to diagnosis and treatment." Journal of counseling and clinical psychology, Vol.64, No.6, pp.1152-1168, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-006X.64.6.1152
- S. I. Kwon & H. H. Chung, " Effects of the Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Program on Psychological Adjustment of University Students with a High Level of Social Anxiety", Cognitive behavior therapy in korea, Vol.14, No.2, pp.145-164, 2014.
- H. M. Moon, "Third Wave of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy", The Korean Journal of Counseling and Psychology, Vol. 17, No.1, pp.15-33, 2014.
- S. C. Hayes, A., Masuda, & Mey, D. H.(in press). "Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and the third wave of behavior therapy", Gedragstherapie (Dutch Journal of Behavior Therapy), pp.1-28.
- S. C. Hayes,, J. B. Luoma, F. W. Bond., A. Masuda, & J. Lillis "Acceptance and commitment therapy: Model, processes and outcomes" Behaviour research and therapy, Vil. 44, No.1, pp.1-25, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brat.2005.06.006
- G. H. Kim, "The effects of acceptance on reduction of social anxienty : development and effectiveness of an acceptance-based exposure therapy program for social anxienty", Seoul National University, 2015.
- L. S. Greenberg, & M. Webster, "Resolving decisional conflict by means of two-chair dialogue and empathic reflection at a split in counseling" Journal of Counseling Psychology, Vol.29, pp.468-477, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-022.214.171.1248
- R. J. Kohlenberg, & M. Tsai, "Functional analytic psychotherapy: A radical behavioral approach to treatment and integration" Journal of Psychotherapy Integration, Vol.4, No.3, pp.175-201, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0101264
- K. H. Kim, & J. H. Kwon, "Testing Models of Relation to Academic & Career Stress, Acceptance Behavior, and the Psychological Well-being of College Students", The Korean Association of Human Development, Vol.21, No.4, pp.43-60, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15284/kjhd.2014.21.4.43
- J. H. Lee, & C. N. Son, "The Effects of The Acceptance-Commitment Group Therapy on the Psychological well-being, Experiential avoidance and Cognitive fusion in Alcoholics", The Korean Society of Stress Medicine, Vol.21, No.1, pp.41-50, 2013.
- H. J. Lee, & S. R. Park, "effect of the ACT-Based value exploration program on valued living and psychological adjustment", Cognitive behavior therapy in Korea, Vol.12, No.1, pp.1-20, 20120
- J. Y. Lee, "The effects of acceptance and commitment therapy on parenting stress, parenting efficacy and emotion regulation of unemployed mother", Seoul Women's University, 2014.
- S. I. Kim &, S. K. Park, "The Effects of Acceptance-Commitment Group Therapy on College Students' Speech Anxiety -Based on Cognitive Defusion Techniques", Korea psychological Association, Vol.25, No.1, pp.19-40, 2013.
- I. S. Moon, " The Effect of ACT Program on the Job stress and Psychological Well-being of Clinical nurse", The Korean East West Mind Science Association, Vol.16, No.1, pp.85-102, 2013.
- Y. H. Kyung, & C. N. Son, "Effects of ACT on Smartphone Addiction Level, Self-Control, and Anxiety of College Students with Smartphone Addiction", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14, No.2, pp.415-426, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.2.415
- H. J. Song, & C. N. Son, "The Effects of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy on Anger, Stress, and Binge Eating Behaviour of the Binge Eating Disorder-prone College Students", Korean journal of health psychology, Vol.16, No.1, pp.15-27, 2011. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2011.16.1.002
- S. Y. Jang, & C. N. Son, "Effects of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy(ACT) on Anger, Problematic Behavior and Self-Esteem of Adolescents in School Maladjustment", Vol.31, No.4, pp.1059-1076, 2012.
- J. H. Seo, "Effects of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) on Binge Eating Behavior, Avoidant Emotion Regulation Style, Body Shame, and Self-Compassion of the Binge Eating Disorder-prone University Students" Chonbuk National University, 2012.
- B. M. Lee, "Effects of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy(ACT) on Depression, Rumination, Unconditional Self-Acceptance, and Anxious Attachment of University Students with Anxious Attachment, Chonbuk National University, 2015.
- K. H. Kim, Y. J. Lee, & E. J. Wang, "A Meta-Analysis on the Efficacy of Group Counseling Conducted in Korea", Korea Journal of Counseling, Vol.3, No.1, pp.47-62, 2002.
- S. D. Hwang. "Meta-Analysis". Seoul: hakjisa. 2014.
- M. S. Egger, G. D. Schneider, & C. Minder, " Bias in meta-analysis detected by a simple, graphical test", British Medical Journal, Vol.315, No.13, pp.629-634. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.315.7109.629
- C. B. Begg, & M. Mazumdar, "Operating characteristics of a rank correlation test for publication bias" Biometrics, Vol.50, pp.1088-1101, 1994.
- K. E. Kim, & J. S. Kim, "The Meta-Analysis on the Effect of Mindfulness Programs", Vol.23, No.2, pp.135-155, 2015.
- Y. R. Cho, S. S. Noh, K, H, Jo, & S. H. Hong, "The Effect of Mindfulness-Based Intervention on Depression and Anxiety Symptoms: A Meta-Analysis ", Vol.33, No.4, pp.903-931, 2014.
- Higgins, J. P., & Green, S. (Eds.). "Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions (Vol. 5)" Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell, 2008.
- J. D. Kim, & J. H. Kim, "Meta-Analysis on the Effects of Mindfulness Program Intervention", Duksung journal of social sciences, Vol.16, pp.143-174, 2010.
- J. W. Park, & Y. M. Kim, "The Effects of Meditation-based Cognitive-behavioral Program on Children's Depressive Disposition", Vol.67, No.1, pp.67-87, 2009.
- S. O. Hwang, & S. H. Park, "The Effects of the Acceptance & Commitment Therapy Model on the Middle School Students' Test-Anxiety", Vol.13, No.2, pp.83-95, 2010.
- M. R. Yoo, & C. N. Son, "Effects of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy(ACT) on Menstrual Discomforts, Menstrual Attitudes, and Quality of Life in College Women", Korean journal of health psychology, Vol.16, No.3, pp.449-467, 2011. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2011.16.3.002
- P. R. Noh, & C. N. Son, "Effects of acceptance and commitment therapy(ACT) on self-esteem, interpersonal problem, and ego resilience of adolescents with childhood trauma", Korean journal of health psychology, Vol.19, No.4, pp.885-910. 2014. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2014.19.4.002
- S. M. Kwon, "Vipassana Meditation, Mindfulness, and Mindfulness-Based Psychotherapy", Cognitive behavior therapy in korea, Vol.7, No.2, pp.83-105, 2007.
- Mediating Effect of Psychological Flexibility on Quality of Life in Inpatients with Schizophrenia vol.27, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2018.27.3.284
- The Effects of an Acceptance-Commitment Therapy Based Stress Management Program on Hospitalization Stress, Self-Efficacy and Psychological Well-Being of Inpatients with Schizophrenia vol.48, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2018.48.4.443
- Development and Effects of an Acceptance Commitment-based Cognitive Behavioral Program for Patients with Schizophrenia vol.27, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2018.27.4.342