- Volume 21 Issue 3
The Effects of Accreditation Program for Healthcare Organizations on Brand Loyalty
의료기관 인증이 브랜드 충성도에 미치는 영향
- Yoon, Seo Jung (Dept. of Healthcare Management, Baekseok Arts University) ;
- Kim, Young Hoon (Dept. of Healthcare Management, Eulji University)
- Received : 2016.08.21
- Accepted : 2016.09.07
- Published : 2016.09.30
This study is to check up weather a brand of accreditation program for healthcare organizations recognized by the consumers as users of the healthcare organizations has effects for healthcare organizations' brand trust, attitude, and loyalty. This study suggests the hypothesis that a brand value of accreditation program for healthcare organizations gives the positive effect for the brand trust, attitude and loyalty, and that the brand trust and attitude of healthcare organizations which gain a brand of accreditation program for healthcare organizations cause the brand loyalty. To verify the hypothesis, this study made a questionnaire by using a measuring instrument for the brand value, trust, attitude and loyalty which come from the former study. This study carried out an analyzing method such as frequency analysis, reliability analysis, confirmed factor analysis and structural equation model to verify the hypothesis. From hypothesis verification, emotional and social brand values of accreditation program for healthcare organizations gave a positive effect to the brand trust and attitude on healthcare organizations. Its functional value did not give an effect to a brand attitude but gave a positive effect to healthcare organizations' brand loyalty. Emotional and social brand values of accreditation program for healthcare organizations did not give an effect to the brand loyalty. The brand trust and attitude of the healthcare organizations which gained accreditation program for healthcare organizations gave a positive effect to the brand loyalty on healthcare organizations.
- Kim Y, Kim K, Kim K, Kim H, Moon S, Yoon S, et al. The study on effects of accreditation program to the hospital management, Seoul: Korea Institute of Healthcare Accreditation; 2011.
- Sweeney JC, Soutar GN. Consumer perceived value, the development of a multiple item scale, Journal of Retailing 2001; 77: 203-270. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(01)00041-0
- Wang Y, Lo HP, Chiand YY. An integrated framework for customer value and customerrelationship management performance: A customerbased perspective from China, Managing Service Quality 2004; 14(2/3): 169-182. https://doi.org/10.1108/09604520410528590
- Park E. A study on the effects of brand evidence of customer in tourist hotel on brand verdict: mediating brand value, customer satisfaction, brand attitude [dissertation]. Seoul: Dongguk University; 2008.
- Kim N. Relations among airline service quality, value perception and behavioral intention [dissertation]. Daegu: Keimyung University; 2009.
- Elelna DB, Luis MA. Brand trust in the context of consumer loyalty, European Journal of Marketing 2001; 35(11/12): 1238-1258. https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000006475
- Erdem, Tulin, Joffre Swait. Brand credibility, brand consideration and choice, Journal of Consumer Research 2004; 31(1): 191-198. https://doi.org/10.1086/383434
- Lee Y, Lee J. Relationships among brand identification, brand affect, and brand loyalty : utilitarian products vs. hedonic products, Adevertising Research 2004; 65: 23.
- Kim D. The effects of coporate associations on brand loyalty [dissertation]. Seoul: Seoul National University; 2007.
- Low GS, Lamb CW. The measurement and dimensionality of brand associations, Journal of Consumer Marketing 2000; 12(4): 11-19. https://doi.org/10.1108/07363769510095270
- Wilkie WL. Consumer behavior, New York: John Willey & Sons; 2004.
- Keller KL Understanding brands, branding and brand equity, The International Journal of The Institute of Direct Marketing 2003; 5(1): 7-20.
- Kim J. A study on effects of parent brand equity of the food service industry on extended brand attitude and purchasing intention [dissertation]. Seoul: KyungHee University; 2010.
- Chaudhuri A, Holbrook MB. The chain of effects from brand trust and brand affect to brand performance: the role of brand loyalty, Journal of Marketing 2001; 65(2): 81-93. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.18.104.22.16855
- Lee H. A study on the structural relationship among brand personality, identification, trust, and loyalty of the hotel enterprise [dissertation]. Busan: Dong-A University; 2004.
- Parasuraman A, Grewal D. The impact of technology on the quality-value-loyalty chain : A research agenda, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science 2000; 28(1): 168-174. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070300281015
- Holbrook MB. Consumption experience, customer value and subjective personal introspection : An illustrative photographic essay, Journal of Business Research 2006; 59(6): 714-725. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2006.01.008
- Rik R. Brand management: A theoretical and practical approach, Pearson Education: FT Prentice Hall; 2003.
- Yang, Zhilin, Peterson RT. Customer perceived value, satisfaction and loyalty: The role of switching costs, Psychology and Marketing 2004; 21(10): 799-822. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.20030
- Park K. The influence of corporate image and brand image on purchase intention by consumer trust and attitude [dissertation]. Gyeonggi: Kyungwon University; 2009.
- Yun J, Lee Y, Lee Y. The impact on recognized value, satisfaction, and royalty of customer by service quality of online shopping mall, Korea research academy of distribution information review 2010; 13(1): 5-28.
- Noh M. An effects of perceived risk and value on the trust and use intention of smart phone banking : mediating effect of the trust. Korea Journal of Business Administration. 2011; 24(5): 2599-2615.
- Jang B, Yoon T, Song S. The effect of brand value of boutique hotel on brand image, brand attitude, and brand loyalty, Korea Journal of Business Administration 2011; 24(2): 817-835.
- Reichheld FF, Schefter P. E-loyalty : Your secret weapon on the web, Harvard Business Review 2000; Vol.78: 105-113.
- Bowen JT, Shoemaker S. Loyalty : A strategic commitment, The Cornell HRA Quarterly 2003; 44(5/6): 32.
- Kim M. A study on the effect of the brand personality and self-image congruence on the brand attitude and loyalty in traditional korean restaurant [dissertation]. Seoul: Sejong University; 2004.
- Park S, Hwang J. Effect of in-store experience on brand attitude and purchase intention, Ewha Management Review 2005; 23(2): 69-93.
- Huh J. The impacts of in-store sensory experience on the emotional reaction, store attitude and purchase intention of customers [dissertation]. Seoul: Ewha Womans University; 2006.