- Volume 30 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Stochastic Method to Assess Voltage Sag Performance Considering Sag Duration in Large Power System
대규모 계통에서의 순간전압강하 지속시간을 고려한 추계적 평가 방법
- Lee, Myeong-Cheol (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Park, Chang-Hyun (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2015.12.01
- Accepted : 2016.02.02
- Published : 2016.02.28
The paper presents a method to assess system voltage sag performance considering sag durations as well as magnitudes. In general, voltage sag assessment for large power systems is performed only considering sag magnitudes at sensitive load points. However some equipment can be affected by certain sag durations. The duration of the voltage sag is depend on the time of fault current flow in the system. Therefore, the duration can be determined by analyzing the operating characteristic of the protection system. In this paper, an effective method to evaluate sag durations regarding the characteristics and failure rates of the protection system is described. The proposed method can be used to assess the long-term performance of the voltage sags in large power system.
- M. H. J. Bollen, Understanding Power Quality Problems: Voltage Sags and Interruptions, Piscataway, NJ, 2000 IEEE Power Engineering Series.
- R. C. Dugan, M. F. McGranaghan, S. Santoso, and H. W. Beaty, Electrical Power Systems Quality. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2002, ch.3.
- IEEE Std. 1159-1995, Recommended Practice for Monitoring Electric Power Quality.
- M. H. J. Bollen, "Fast Assessment Methods for Voltage Sags in Distribution Systems," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1414-1423, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.556647
- L. Conrad, K. Little, and C. Grigg, "Predicting and Preventing Problems Associated with Remote Fault-clearing Voltage Dips". IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 27 no.1, pp.167-172, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.67549
- C. H. Park and G. Jang, "Stochastic estimation of voltage sags in a large meshed network", IEEE Trans. Power Deliv., 22 (3), pp. 1655- 1664, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2006.886795
- J. H. Kim and H. J. Lee, The Failure Statistics of Electric Power Equipments in 2014, Korea Power Exchange, 2015. 02.
- Yong-Ho An, Byung-Tae Jang, Nam-Ho Lee, Jeong-Yeol Han, You-Jin Lee, Bong-He Lee, Sang-Yong Moon, "Case Study on the Application of 154㎸ Transmission Line Protection IED on Site", Proceedings of KIEE Spring Conference, pp. 33-234, 2012. 05.
- Chang-Hyun Park, Young-Won Song, Kyebyung Lee, Chul-soo Seo, Young-do Choi, Sang-ho Park, "Voltage sag durations and protection schemes in transmission systems", Proceedings of KIEE Summer Conference, 2013. 07.
- KIEE, Power Transmission Engineering, Munundang, 2010.
- DS-2401 Measurement and Protective Relaying System in Substation, Korea Electric Power Corporation, 2012.
- Ho-Pyo Kim, Sang-Seob Han, Eung-Ju Park, "The Analysis of Fault and Relay Operation in System of Power Network", Proceedings of KIEE Spring Conference, pp. 27-29, 2001. 05.
- IEEE 57-Bus Test Case, [Online]. Available: http://www.ee.washington.edu/research/pstca/pf57/pg_tca57bus.htm