- Volume 42 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Issues for Technology-Humanities Convergence : Patent Keyword Analysis
특허 키워드 분석을 활용한 기술인문융합 현황 분석
- Kim, Jeeeun (Department of Industrial Engineering, Ajou University) ;
- Lee, Sungjoo (Department of Industrial Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2016.01.15
- Accepted : 2016.04.23
- Published : 2016.06.15
As the limitation of the existing convergence is pointed out, technology-humanities convergence which highlights the enhancement of the quality of life of humans, is focused as a solution to facilitate sustainable technological innovation. Technology-humanities convergence has already occurred in various industries, of which a considerable number of successful cases can be noted. However, few efforts have been made to investigate technologyhumanities convergence as an independent academic field. Therefore, this paper aimed to identify the status of technology-humanities convergence. To do this, first, a definition of technology-humanities convergence was proposed. Second, based on Maslow's theory, the types of human needs and related key words were extracted. Third, patents related to human needs were collected from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (2000~2014). Fourth and last, the status of technology-humanities convergence was analyzed in terms of "convergence trends" and "convergence areas." This research is expected to promote more creative and human-centered performances of innovation as well as to support decision-making when the innovation strategy-as attempted by the quantitative analysis of technology-humanities convergence in the perspective of sustainable competitiveness-is established.
Supported by : 교육부
- Elgazzar, K., Aboelfotoh, M., Martin, P., and Hassanein, H. S. (2012), Ubiquitous Health Monitoring Using Mobile Web Services, Procedia Computer Science, 10, 332-339. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2012.06.044
- Heo, T., Yoo, Y., and Kim Y. (2007), A study on market expansion strategy via two-stage customer pre-segmentation based on customer innovativeness and value orientation, Journal of Korea Technology Innovation Society, 10(1), 73-97.
- Hong, E. S. and Shin, H. Y. (2013), A study on ethical consumption behaviors of college students : Classification and Analysis according to the ethical consumption Behaviors, Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 20(4), 801-817. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2011.20.4.801
- Hong, L. Y. and Lee, J. S. (2013), Analysis of the influence of texture and color o building exterior materials on sensibility, Journal of Korean Society of Color Studies, 27(2), 51-60. https://doi.org/10.17289/jkscs.27.2.201305.51
- Hyun, J. H. and Kim, H. J. (2008), Reorganization plan for industrial technology innovation structure by technology convergence, Korea Evaluation Institute of Industrial Technology, Policy issue 08-06.
- Jeong, K. C. (2007), Implementation Strategies for Future Ubiquitous Cities Based on u-City Service Model, Entrue Journal of Information Technology, 6(1), 81-100.
- Kim, B. and Kim, Y. (2011), A study on emotional interface design based on each smart-phone application category, Korean Design Konwledge Journal, 20, 181-192.
- Kim, H. and Kim, M. (1997), A study on the structure of customer needs in products, Korean Society of Color Studies, 381-386.
- Kim, J. (2016), Forecasting and identifying technology convergence trends based on patent analysis, Ajou University, Korea.
- Kim, J. and Lee, S. (2013), A Methodology to Evaluate Industry Convertgence Using thePatent Information: Technology Relationship analysis, Journal of Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, 39(3), 212-221. https://doi.org/10.7232/JKIIE.2013.39.3.212
- Kim, J., Jang, Y., and Lee, S. (2014), Issues and Efforts for Technologyhumanities convergence : Empirical analysis of Korean SMEs, Journal of the Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, 40(5), 451-461. https://doi.org/10.7232/JKIIE.2014.40.5.451
- Kim, K. and Jung, J.-Y. (2013), A Typology of Industry Convergences Based on Sources for Convergence Industries and Analysis of Critical Success Factors, Journal of the Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, 39(3), 204-211. https://doi.org/10.7232/JKIIE.2013.39.3.204
- Kondo, Y. (2001), Customer satisfaction : How can I measure it?, Total Quality Management, 12(7), 867-872. https://doi.org/10.1080/09544120100000009
- Korea Institute of Design Promotion (2014), Read the design processcase studies of international design consulting company, Report on the design strategy 2013/2014.
- Korean Institute for Industrial Economic and Trade (2009), Problems of technology convergence in Korea and policy implications, e-KiET, 446.
- Lee, W. S., Han, E. J., and Sohn, S. Y. (2015), Predicting the pattern of technology convergence using big-data technology on large-scale triadic patents, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 100, 317-329. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2015.07.022
- National Science and Technology Commission (2008), Plans of national convergence technology development 2009-2013.
- Park, Y.-S., Park, H.-W., and Cho, M.-H. (2016), Therelationship between technology innovation and firm performance of Korean companies based on patent analysis, Korea Technology Innovation Society, 9(1), 1-25.
- Resenberg, N. (1963), Technological change in the machine tool industry, 1840-1910, The Journal of Economic History, 23(4), 414-443. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022050700109155
- Science and Technology Policy Institute (2015), Improvement strategy through case studies of business innovation based on convergence between liberal arts and technology.
- (Ha) https://www.ksystem.co.kr/Knowledge/biz_read.html?id=37.
- (Max-Neef) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_human_needs.
- (Shon) http://www.google.co.kr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjU5JSkwYLMAhUCE5QKHadAD18QFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hittp.org%2Fcrm%2Fdownload.jsp%3FfileName%3D20080422020807.pdf%26menu%3Ddata&usg=AFQjCNGmdKXmY2bWbgpudkqmCwKO2YuiPA&bvm=bv.119028448,d.dGo.
- (Tony Robbins) https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/240441.
- (Wikipedia) https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/%EB%A6%AC%EB%B2%84%EB%9F%B4_%EC%95%84%EC%B8%A0_%EC%B9%BC%EB%A6%AC%EC%A7%80.