- Volume 65 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Isolation Enhancement by the Non-connected Ground Structure for the Mobile Phone MIMO Antenna
비접촉 접지구조에 의한 휴대폰 MIMO 안테나 격리도 향상
- Jo, Young-Sang (Dept. of IT Engineering, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Son, Tae-Ho (Taeho Son Dept. of IT Engineering, Soonchunhyang University)
- Received : 2016.02.29
- Accepted : 2016.04.26
- Published : 2016.06.01
In this paper, the method of isolation enhancement for the mobile phone MIMO antenna of LTE class 40(2300~2400MHz) was studied. Design of MIMO antenna was based on the hybrid antenna that operates both a monopole and an IFA(Inverted F Antenna). A structure for the isolation enhancement which controls induced electric field on the ground plane is located between MIMO antenna, and was not connected with the ground but apart 0.3mm. A MIMO antenna that operates on class 3~40(1710~2400MHz) of LTE service bands and a structure for the isolation enhancement at the class 10 band were designed. VSWR measurement of implemented antenna on the FR4 board showed within 3:1 at entire design bands, and isolation between antennas at the class 40 band was less than -30dB. Isolation was enhanced more than 20dB by the studied structure. ECC(Envelope Correlation Coefficient) for MIMO performance was under 0.1, and antenna average gain and efficiency measured in the anechoic chamber were -4.28~-1.40dBi and 37.32~72.36% respectively.
Supported by : 한국연국재단
- S. Hui, "Challenges in the migration to 4G mobile systems," IEEE communication Mag., vol. 41, Issue 12, Dec. 2003, pp. 54-59.
- Huaiyu Dai; Quan Zhon; Hughes, B.L., "On the Diversity Order of Spatial Multiplexing System with Transmit Antenna Selection: A Geometrical Approach:, IEEE Information Theory, vol. 52, Issue 12, Dec. 2006, pp. 5297-5311. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2006.885531
- S.-C. Chen, Y.-S, Wang, C.-W Ling, and S.-J. Chung, "A new isolation dual-antennas with miniature decoupling network design", in Proc. IEEE AP-S Int. Symposium, Jun. 2007
- C.-Y. Lui, Y.-S., Wang, and S.-J. Chung "Two nearby dual-band antennas with high port isolation", in Proc. IEEE AP-S Int. Symposium, Jun. 2008.
- H.-W. Son, "Design of dual-polarised microstrip antenna with high isolation using capacitive fedds", IEEE Electronics Letters, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 533-534, May 2009. https://doi.org/10.1049/el.2009.0548
- X. Wang, W. Chen, Z. Feng, and H. Zhang, "Compact dual-polarized antenna combing printed monopole and half-slot antenna for MIMO applications", in Proc. IEEE AP-S Int. Symposium, 1-5, Jun. 2009.
- J. Itoh, N. Michishita, and H. Morishita, "A study on using mushroom-type EBG structure", IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society(APS), International Symposium (IS), pp. 1-4, Jul. 2008.
- Hojun choi, Bomson Lee, "Isolation enhancement of MIMO system using metamaterial zeroth-order resonant antennas", IEEE Antennas and Propagation(ISAP), International Symposium, pp. 10-13, Oct, 2012.
- S.Lim, T.Son, "Hybrid Antenna for the All Band Mobile Phone Service Including LTE", The Journal of Korean Institute of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 22, no. 7, (2011), pp. 737-743. https://doi.org/10.5515/KJKIEES.2011.22.7.737
- M.Park, T.Son, Y.Jo, "Hybrid Antenna and Suitable for Broadband Mobile Phone MIMO System", 2013 International Symposium on Antenna and Propagation(ISAP), Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 111-114, Oct, 2013.
- Patent Gazette no. 10-2010-0003179(2010.01.13) "Internal MIMO antenna having isolation aid"
- Constantions Votis, George Tatsis and Panos Kostarakis, "Envelope Correlation Parameter Measurement in a MIMO Antenna Array Configuration", Int. J. communications, Network and System Sciences, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 350-354, Apr. 2010. https://doi.org/10.4236/ijcns.2010.34044