- Volume 38 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Characterization of Fly Ash Produced from a Sewage Sludge Incineration Facility in Korea
국내 하수슬러지 소각시설에서 발생되는 비산재의 특성 분석
- Kim, Seong-beom (Department of Environmental Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Lee, Wontae (Department of Environmental Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2016.02.03
- Accepted : 2016.02.27
- Published : 2016.02.29
This study characterized fly ash produced from a sewage sludge incineration facility in Korea to determine if the byproducts can be utilized. All the incinerated sewage sludge was from a city in Korea. To characterize fly ash and to determine if it can be utilized, pH, water contents, elemental components, particle size, surface morphology, heavy metal compositions, and others were analyzed. In average, pH was 6.2, and water contents was about 5%. T-N and
Supported by : 한국산업단지공단, 환경부
- Korea Ministry of Environment, "Sewer statistics," (2000-2014).
- Kim, S. W. and Yoo, H. C., "Melting Characteristics of Bottom Ash and Fly Ash from Municipal Solid Waste Incineration," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 24(5), 801-812 (2002).
- Kishor, P., Ghosh, A. K. and Kumar, D., "Use of Flyash in Agriculture: A Way to Improve Soil Fertility and its Productivity," Asian J. Agric. Res., 1(14), 1819-1894(2010).
- Adriano, D. C., Page, A. L., Elseewi, A. A., Chang, A. C. and Straugham, I., "Utilization and Disposal of Fly Ash and Other Coal Residues in Terrestrial Ecosystems: A Review," J. Environ. Qual., 9, 333-344(1980).
- Aitken, R. L., Campbell, D. J. and Bell, L.C., "Properties of Australian fly ash relevant to their agronomic utilization," USA J. ACSESS., 22, 443-453(1984).
- Buck, J. K., Honston, R. J. and Beimborn, W. A., "Direct seedling of anthracite refuge using coal flyash as a major soil amendment," Proc. Mining and Reclamat. Conference and Exhibition, April, 23(26), 213-219(1990).
- Cetin, S. and Pehlivan, E., "The use of flyash as a low cost, environmentally friendly alternative to activated carbon for the removal of heavy metals from aqueous solutions," Cetin, S. and Pehlivan, E., Colloids Surfaces A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects, 298, 83-87(2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfa.2006.12.017
- Park, J. M., Kim, M. J., Kim, J. M., Lee, S. B., Kwon, O. S. and Lee, S. H., "Concentration of Heavy Metals and PAHs in Sewage Sludge," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Anal., 11(4), 275-281(2008).
- Jang, S. K., Choi, D. I., Lim, C. H. and Lee, J. S., "Chemical Analysis of Fly Ashes from Municipal Solid Waste Incinerators," J. Korean Soc. Anal. Sci., 13(2), 215-221(2000).
- Oh, S. J., Yun, H. S., Oh, S. M., Kim, S. C. and Kim, R. Y., "Effect of Fly Ash Fertilizer on Paddy Soil Quality and Rice Growth," J. Appl. Biol. Chem., 56(4), 229-234(2013). https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2013.036
- Kim, H. J., Kim, N. W., Ko, Y. Z. and Bae, J. S., "Fundamental Research on the Applying to Construction Materials of MSWI fly-ashes," J. Korean Soc. Civil. Eng., 10, 3103-3108(2004).
- Han, Y. S. and Lee, J. Y. "A Study on Leaching Characteristics of the Heavy Metal in Melting Slag of Incinerator Ashes," J. Korean Soc. Soil. Ground. Environ., 6(1), 22-31 (2001).
- Strength Estimation by the Point Load Test of the Sewage Sludge Solid Refuse Fuel vol.40, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2018.40.1.7