- Volume 25 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Design of Force Sensors for the Ankle Rehabilitation Robot of Severe Stroke Patients
중증뇌졸중환자의 발목재활로봇을 위한 힘센서 설계
- Kim, Han-Sol (Department of Control & Instrumentation Engineering, ERI, Gyeongsang National Unversity) ;
- Kim, Gab-Soon (Department of Control & Instrumentation Engineering, ERI, Gyeongsang National Unversity)
- Received : 2016.02.28
- Accepted : 2016.03.29
- Published : 2016.03.31
This paper describes the design and fabrication of a two-axis force/torque sensor and an one-axis force sensor with parallel plate beams(PPSs) for measuring forces and torque in an ankle rehabilitation exercise using by a lower rehabilitation robot. The two-axis force/torque sensor is composed of a Fy force sensor and Tz torque sensor and the force sensor detects x direction force. The two-axis force/torque sensor and one-axis force sensor were designed using by FEM(Finite Element Method), and manufactured using strain-gages. The characteristics experiment of the two-axis force/torque sensor and one-axis force sensor were carried out respectively. As a test results, the interference error of the two-axis force/torque sensor was less than 1.56%, the repeatability error and the non-linearity of the two-axis force/torque sensor were less than 0.03% respectively, and the repeatability error and the non-linearity of the one-axis force sensor were less than 0.03% and 0.02% respectively.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Z. Zhoua, Y. Zhou, N. Wang, F. Gao, K. Wei and Q. Wang, "A proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation integrated robotic ankle-foot system for post stroke rehabilitation", Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol. 73, pp. 111-122, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2014.09.023
- K.J. Chisholm, K. Klumper, A. Mullins and M. Ahmadi, "A task oriented haptic gait rehabilitation robot", Mechatronics, Vol. 24, No. 8, pp. 1083-1091, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mechatronics.2014.07.001
- P.K. Jamwal, S.Q. Xie, S. Hussain and J.G. Parsons, "An adaptive wearable parallel robot for the treatment of ankle injuries", IEEE/ASME TRANSACTIONS ON MECHATRONICS, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 64-75, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2012.2219065
- J.A. Saglia, N.G.. Tsagarakis, J.S. Dai and D.G. Caldwell, "Control strategies for patient-assisted training using the ankle rehabilitation robot (ARBOT)", IEEE/ASME TRANSACTIONS ON MECHATRONICS, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 1799-1808, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2012.2214228
- K. Nagai, Y. Ito, M. Yazaki, K. Higuchi and S. Abe, "Development of a small Six-component force/torque sensor based on the double-cross structure", Adv. Robot., Vol.22, No.3, pp. 361-369, 2004.
- H.M. Kim, J.W. Yoon and G.S. Kim, "Development of a six-axis force/moment sensor for a spherical-type finger force measuring system", IET Science, Measurement and Technology, Vol. 6, pp. 96-104, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-smt.2010.0146
- G.S. Kim, "Development of 6-axis force/moment sensor for a humanoid robot's foot", IET Science, Measurement & Technology, Vol. 2, pp.122-133, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-smt:20070019
- K.J. Lee and G.S. Kim, "Design of structure of four-axis force/torque sensor with parallel step plate beams", Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, Vol. 20 No. 11, pp. 1147-1152, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.14.0082
- ATI Industrial Automation, "Multi-axis force/torque sensor", ATI Industrial Automation, pp. 4-45, 2005.
- G. S. Kim and J. W. Yoon, "Development of calibration system for multi-axis force/moment sensor and its uncertainty evaluation", Int. J. Precis. Eng. Mannt., Vol. 24, No. 10, pp. 91-98, 2007.