- Volume 17 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Determination of Optimal Mixing Ratio of Phosphorescent Pigment to Develop Phosphorescent Paint for Road Line Marking
도로의 축광차선 도료 개발을 위한 축광안료 최적 배합비 산정에 관한 연구
- Lee, Yong Mun (R&D Institute, PyungHwa Engineering Consultants LTD.) ;
- Kim, Sang Tae ;
- Kim, Heung Rae
- Received : 2015.06.24
- Accepted : 2015.09.14
- Published : 2015.10.15
PURPOSES : This study was conducted to derive the optimum mixing ratio of phosphorescent pigment for the development of phosphorescent line marking. METHODS: In this study, we utilized a literature review and case study methodology, to describe the domestic and foreign state of practice for the production and mixing of phosphorescent pigment for use in line marking. The optimal mixing ratio was derived by comparing the reduction in luminance over time for the various phosphorescent pigment mixing ratios identified in the literature. In addition, performance and construction characteristics were analyzed using field testing techniques. RESULTS : The results were as follows: 1) the results of the luminance performance standards tests showed that all of the phosphorescence test specimens satisfied the phosphorescent fire protection standard. As the phosphorescent pigment mixing ratio increased, the luminance value increased, 2) the luminance reduction rate was minimum at the mixing ratio of 50%. However, when compared to a mixing ratio 40%, a small difference was recorded, the luminance reduction rate from the mixing ratio of 40% is judged as being converged. Therefore, in view of the economic efficiency, it was determined that the optimal mixing ratio was 40%, 3) as a result of construction on the field, a mixing ratio of 40% was found to have a higher luminance value than the general line marking for up to three hours after sunset, 4) it was found that the phosphorescent line markings without glass beads spraying had a higher luminance value than the phosphorescent line markings with glass beads spraying. CONCLUSIONS : Through the results of the basic experiments of the line markings obtained by blending a phosphorescent pigment, the results could be applied to play an important role in the development of phosphorescent line marking paint technology and in establishing application planning for on-site construction characteristics.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Do, Mi-Young(2007), A study on Phosphorescent Road Curb mixed with Waste Glass.
- KICT(2013), "Planning Research for Development of Enhanced Road Visibility Technology and Evaluation on Rainy Night".
- KoRoad(2014), "Traffic safety signs development and utilization test study using a phosphorescent material".
- Seo(2014), "Development and Implication of Netherland Glow Road Information System", Road Policy Brief NO. 85, pp. 8-9.
- University of Seoul(2011), "Development and Application of High Persistence Phosphorescent Material"