- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Seismic behavior of rebar-penetrated joint between GCFST column and RGC beam
- Li, Guochang (School of Civil Engineering, Shenyang Jianzhu University) ;
- Fang, Chen (Department of Civil Engineering, University of Texas at El Paso) ;
- An, Yuwei (School of Civil Engineering, Shenyang Jianzhu University) ;
- Zhao, Xing (School of Civil Engineering, Shenyang Jianzhu University)
- Received : 2014.06.24
- Accepted : 2015.01.31
- Published : 2015.09.25
The paper makes the experimental and finite-element-analysis investigation on the seismic behavior of the rebar-penetrated joint between gangue concrete filled steel tubular column and reinforced gangue concrete beam under low cyclic reversed loading. Two specimens are designed and conducted for the experiment to study the seismic behavior of the rebar-penetrated joint under cyclic loading. Then, finite element analysis models of the rebar-penetrated joint are developed using ABAQUS 6.10 to serve as the complement of the experiment and further analyze the seismic behavior of the rebar-penetrated joint. Finite element analysis models are also verified by the experimental results. Finally, the hysteretic performance, the bearing capacity, the strength degradation, the rigidity degradation, the ductility and the energy dissipation of the rebar-penetrated joint are evaluated in detail to investigate the seismic behavior of the rebar-penetrated joint through experimental results and finite element analysis results. The research demonstrates that the rebar-penetrated joint between gangue concrete filled steel tubular column and reinforced gangue concrete beam, with full and spindle-shaped load-displacement hysteretic curves, shows generally the high ductility and the outstanding energy-dissipation capacity. As a result, the rebar-penetrated joint exhibits the excellent seismic performance and meets the earthquake-resistant requirements of the codes in China. The research provides some references and suggestions for the application of the rebar-penetrated joint in the projects.
Supported by : Liaoning Science Fund, Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development
- Boger, R.K. (2006), "Non-Monotonic strain hardening and its constitutive representation", Ph.D. Dissertation, The Ohio State University, OH, USA.
- CECS28:2012 (2012), Technical Specification for Concrete-Filled Steel Tubular Structures, Beijing, China.
- Chen, J., Wang, Z. and Wang, J. (2004), "Research on the stiffness of concrete filled tubular column and steel beam joint with stiffening ring", J. Build. Struct., 25(4), 43-49.
- Choi, S., Hong, S. and Kim, Y. (2006), "Modeling analytical moment-rotation curves of semi-rigid connections for CFT square columns and steel beams", Adv. Struct. Eng., 9(5), 697-706. https://doi.org/10.1260/136943306778827538
- Fu, Z., Ji, B., Lv, L. and Zhou, W. (2011), "Behavior of lightweight aggregate concrete filled steel tubular slender columns under axial compression", Adv. Steel Construct., 7(2), 144-156.
- GB5011-2010 (2011), Code for Seismic Design of Structures, Beijing, China.
- GB50010-2010 (2011), Code for Design of Concrete Structures, Beijing, China.
- GB50017-2003 (2004), Code for Design of Steel Structures, Beijing, China.
- GB/T228-2002 (2003), Metallic Materials--Tensile Testing at Ambient Temperature, Beijing, China.
- GB/T50081-2002 (2003), Standard for Test Method of Mechanical Properties on Ordinary Concrete, Beijing, China.
- Guo, J. (2011), "Experimental research on performances of concrete with coal gangue", Proceedings of 2011 International Conference on Materials for Renewable Energy & Environment (ICMREE), Shanghai, China, May.
- Han, L. (2000), Concrete Filled Steel Tubular Structures, Science Press, Beijing, China.
- Han, L. and Huo, J. (2003), "Concrete-filled hollow structural steel columns after exposure to ISO-834 fire standard", J. Struct. Eng., 129(1), 68-78. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2003)129:1(68)
- Han, L. and Yang, Y. (2004), Modern Technique of Concrete Filled Tubular Structure, China Building Industry Press, Beijing, China.
- Han, L., Tao, Z. and Liu, W. (2001), "Concrete-filled steel tubular structures - theory and practice", J. Fuzhou Univ. (Natural Sciences Edition), 6, 003.
- Hu, H., Huang, C. and Chen, Z. (2005), "Finite element analysis of CFT columns subjected to an axial compressive force and bending moment in combination", J. Construct. Steel Res., 61(12), 1692-1712. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2005.05.002
- JGJ101-96 (1997), Specification of Testing Methods for Aseismic Property of Building, China Building Industry Press, Beijing, China.
- Krawinkler, H. (1978), "Shear in beam-column joints in seismic design of steel frames", Eng. J., 15(3), 82-91.
- Li, G. and Zhao, B. (2003), "Analysis of deflecting process of gangue concrete-filled steel tubular member under moment", Steel Construct., 1, 006.
- Li, G., Shu, Z. and Zhang, C. (2010), "Finite element analysis of gangue concrete-filled steel tubular beam-columns", J. Shenyang Jianzhu Univ. (Natural Science), 26(6), 1052-1057.
- Li, G.C., Fang, C. and Yu, H.P. (2012), "Finite analysis on performance of joint between gangue concrete filled steel tubular column with through rebar and gangue concrete beam under the monotonic loading", Appl. Mech. Mater., 204, 3724-3730.
- Lu, X., Ye, L. and Miu, Z. (2009), Static-Plastic Analysis on Seismic Performance of the Structure, China Building Industry Press, Beijing, China.
- Sorenson, H.K. (2003), ABAQUS version 6.4: Theory manual, users' manual, verification manual and example problems manual, Hibbitt, Karlson, Sorenson Inc., USA.
- Sun, Y.X. and Li, X.D. (2011), "Development and design of coal gangue concrete filling material", Adv. Mater. Res., 295, 1198-1201.
- Tang, J. (1988), "Seismic design for connection in reinforced concrete frame", Ind. Construct., 3, 011.
- U.S. Environment Protection Agency (2009), Green buidling basic information. http://www.epa.gov/greenbuilding/pubs/about.htm.
- Varma, A.H., Ricles, J.M., Sause, R. and Lu, L.-W. (2002), "Seismic behavior and modeling of highstrength composite concrete-filled steel tube (CFT) beam-columns", J. Construct. Steel Res., 58(5-8), 725-758. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0143-974X(01)00099-2
- Yao, G., Chen, Y. and Lin, S. (2010), "Finite element analysis on a new-type of concrete-filled steel tube column-RC beam joint", Special Structures, 27(6), 34-38.
- Yao, G., Chen, Y., Huang, Y., Pan, D., Zheng, X. and Xu, W. (2011), "Experimental study on seismic performance of a new-type of concrete-filled steel tube column-RC beam joint", Ind. Construct., 41(2), 97-101.
- Yu, T., Teng, J., Wong, Y. and Dong, S. (2010), "Finite element modeling of confined concrete-II: Plastic-damage model", Eng. Struct., 32(3), 680-691. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2009.11.013
- Zhang, J. and Cao, S. (2009), "Research on the stress-strain curves of structural lightweight aggregate concrete", Build. Sci., 24(11), 83-85.
- Zhong, S. (2003), Concrete Filled Steel Tubular Structures, Tsinghua University Press, Beijing, P.R. China.
- Global seismic performance of a new precast CFST column to RC beam braced frame: Shake table test and numerical study vol.21, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2016.21.4.805