- Volume 6 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Impact of Perceived IT Threat on Convergence Information System Performance
지각된 IT위협이 융합 정보시스템 성과에 미치는 영향
- Park, Hyeon-Ho (Gwanfju Information & Culture Industry Promotion Agency) ;
- Nho, Hee-Ock (Gwanfju Information & Culture Industry Promotion Agency) ;
- Kim, Yong-Ho (Dept. of Self-designed and Open Majors, Gwangju University)
- Received : 2015.03.27
- Accepted : 2015.06.20
- Published : 2015.06.30
Based on Technology Threat Avoidance Theory, this study explains the process that the users cope with IT Threat and accomplish IS outcome. To empirically test the proposed model, data were collected through a survey of respondents who have the experience of using IS, and analyzed by using structural equations modelling. The result shows IT Threat had negative effects on Problem-Focused Coping and IS Appropriation. Also Problem-Focused Coping had significant effects on IS Appropriation and IS Appropriation had positive relation on IS Performance. In conclusion the study proposed that IT users improve Convergence Information System Performance by Problem-Focused Coping when they perceive IT Threat.
본 연구는 기술위협회피이론(Technology Threat Avoidance Theory: TTAT)을 기반으로 IT 위협을 지각한 사용자가 대처행위를 통해 IS성과를 달성하는 과정을 설명하고자 한다. 연구모형을 검증하기 위해 조직내 정보시스템을 사용한 경험이 있는 응답자를 대상으로 설문을 수집하고, 구조방정식모형을 이용하여 분석하였다. 연구결과 IT 위협이 문제-중심적 대처와 IS활용에 부(-)의 영향관계를 갖는 것으로 나타났다. 또한 문제-중심적 대처는 IS활용에 정(+)의 영향을 미치고, IS활용은 IS성과에 정(+)의 영향을 미친다. 즉 사용자가 IT 위협을 지각했을 때, 문제 중심적 대처를 취함으로 융합 정보시스템의 성과를 높일 수 있다.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Kim Heewoong, Cheng Xi, Lee Sunyoung, Lee Dongwoo,", Entrue Journal of Information Technology, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 7-20, 2006. https://doi.org/10.3923/itj.2006.7.12
- Bagchi, K., & Udo, G., "An analysis of the growth of computer and Internet security breaches." Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 12, No. 1, Article 46, 2003.
- Stafford, T. F., & Urbaczewski, A., "Spyware: The ghost in the machine.", The Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 14, No. 1, Article 15, 2004.
- Liang, H. and Xue, Y., "Avoidance of information technology threats: a theoretical perspective," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 33 No. 1, pp. 71-90, 2009.
- Lazarus, R. and Folkman, S., Stress, Coping, and Adaptation, New York: Springer-Verlag, 1984.
- Beaudry, A. and Pinsonneault, A., "IT-induced adaptation and individual performance: a coping acts model," Twenty-Second International Conference on Information Systems, pp. 475-480, 2001.
- Beaudry, A. and Pinsonneault, A., "Understanding User Responses To Information Technology: A Coping Model Of User Adaptationl," MIS Quarterly Vol. 29 No. 3, pp. 493-524, 2005, https://doi.org/10.2307/25148693
- Beaudry, A., & Pinsonneault, A., "The Other Side of Acceptance: Studying the Direct and Indirect Effects of Emotions on Information Technology Use.", MIS quarterly, Vol. 34, No. 4, pp. 689-710, 2010. https://doi.org/10.2307/25750701
- Mehrabian, A., & Russell, J. A., "An approach to environmental psychology.", the MIT Press, 1974.
- Elliot, A. J., "Approach and avoidance motivation and achievement goal," Educ. Psychol, Vol. 34, pp. 169-189, 1999, https://doi.org/10.1207/s15326985ep3403_3
- Elliot, A. J., "The Hierarchical Model of Approach-Avoidance Motivation," Motivation and Emotion, Vol. 30, pp. 111-116, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11031-006-9028-7
- Elliot, A. J. and Covington, M. V., "Approach and avoidance motivation," Educational Psychology Review, 13, pp. 73-92, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1009009018235
- Poole, M. S. and DeSanctis, G., Understanding the use of group decision support systems: The theory of adaptive structuration. In J. Fulk & C. Steinfeld (Eds). Organizations and Communication Technology. Newbury Park, Ca: Sage, 1990.
- Bong Gyou Lee, Ki Youn Kim, Sung Wan Koo, "Impact of Security, Charge and Quality on the Usage Satisfaction of Mobile Internet", The KIPS Transactions, Vol. 15, No. 15, pp. 721-732, 2008.
- Chin, W.W., Gopal, A., and Salisbury, W.D., "Advancing the Theory of Adaptive Structuration: The Development of a Scale to Measure Faithfulness of Appropriation," Information Systems Research, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 342-367, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.8.4.342
- Gopal, A., Bostrom, R., and Chin, W., "Applying Adaptive Structuration Theory to Investigate the Process of Group Support Systems Use," Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 45-69, 1993.
- Han Bong-Ju, "A Study on the Effects of Organizational Culture and Leadership on Employee Behavior: A comparative analysis on different types of organizations", Korea Institute of Public Administration, Vol. 19, No. 1, 2010.
- Etezadi-Amoli, J., & Farhoomand, A. F., "A structural model of end user computing satisfaction and user performance.", Information & management, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 65-73, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-7206(95)00052-6
- Fornell, C. and Larcker, D. F., "Evaluating structural equations models with unobservable variables and measurement error," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 39-50, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- Keun-Ho Lee, "Analysis of Threats Factor in IT Convergence Security", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 49-55, 2010.
- Jun-Young Go, Keun-Ho Lee, "SNS disclosure of personal information in M2M environment threats and countermeasures", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 29-34, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.1.029
- Kwang-Jae Lee, Keun-Ho Lee, "Authentication Scheme using Biometrics in Intelligent Vehicle Network", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 7-11, 2012.