- Volume 28 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
THE RELATIVE ENTROPY UNDER THE R-CGMY PROCESSES
- Kwon, YongHoon (Department of Mathematics Pohang University of Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Younhee (Department of Mathematics Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2014.10.20
- Accepted : 2015.01.12
- Published : 2015.02.15
We consider the relative entropy for two R-CGMY processes, which are CGMY processes with Y equal to 1, to choose an equivalent martingale measure (EMM) when the underlying asset of a derivative follows a R-CGMY process in the financial market. Since the R-CGMY process leads to an incomplete market, we have to use a proper technique to choose an EMM among a variety of EMMs. In this paper, we derive the closed form expression of the relative entropy for R-CGMY processes.
Supported by : Chungnam National University
- F. Black and M. S. Scholes, The pricing of options and corporate liabilities, J. Polit. Econ. 81 (1973), 637-654. https://doi.org/10.1086/260062
- P. Carr, H. Geman, D. B. Madan, and M. Yor, The fine structure of asset returns: An empirical investigation, J. Bus. 75 (2002), 305-332. https://doi.org/10.1086/338705
- R. Cont and P. Tankov, Financial Modelling with Jump Processes, Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, FL, 2004.
- R. Cont and P. Tankov, Non-parametric calibration of jump-diffusion option pricing models, J. Comput. Financ. 7 (2004), 1-49.
- Y. S. Kim and J. H. Lee, The relative entropy in CGMY processes and its applications to finance, Math. Methods Oper. Res. 66 (2007), 327-338. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00186-006-0097-x
- U. Kuchler and S. Tappe, Bilateral gamma distributions and processes in financial mathematics, Stochastic Process. Appl. 118 (2008), 261-283. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spa.2007.04.006
- D. B. Madan and E. Seneta, The variance gamma (V.G.) model for share market returns, J. Bus. 63 (1990), 511-524. https://doi.org/10.1086/296519
- K. Sato, Levy Processes and Infinitely Divisible Distributions, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1999.