- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
MATHEMATICAL MODELLING AND ITS SIMULATION OF A QUASI-STATIC THERMOELASTIC PROBLEM IN A SEMI-INFINITE HOLLOW CIRCULAR DISK DUE TO INTERNAL HEAT GENERATION
- Gaikwad, Kishor R. (Post Graduate Department of Mathematics, NES, Science College)
- Received : 2015.01.03
- Accepted : 2015.02.12
- Published : 2015.03.25
The present paper deals with the determination of temperature, displacement and thermal stresses in a semi-infinite hollow circular disk due to internal heat generation within it. Initially the disk is kept at arbitrary temperature F(r, z). For times t > 0 heat is generated within the circular disk at a rate of g(r, z, t)
- J. L. Nowinski, Theory of thermoelasticity with application, 407, Sijthof Noordhoff, Alphen Aan Den Rijn, The Netherlands, 1978.
- W. Nowacki, The state of stresses in a thick circular plate due to temperature field, Bull. Acad. Polon. Sci., Ser. Scl. Tech., 5 (1957), 227.
- Y. Obata and N. Noda, Steady Thermal Stresses in a Hollow Circular Cylinder and a Hollow Sphere of a Functionally Gradient Material, Journal of Thermal Stresses, 17 (3) (1994), 471-487. https://doi.org/10.1080/01495739408946273
- Y. Ootao, T. Akai and Y. Tanigawa, Three dimentional transient thermal stress analysis of a nonhomogeneous hollow circular cylinder due to a moving heat source in the axial direction, Journal of Thermal Stresses, 18 (5) (1995), 497-512. https://doi.org/10.1080/01495739508946317
- M. Ishihara, Y. Tanigawa, R. Kawamura and N. Noda, Theoretical analysis of thermoelastoplastic deformation of a circular plate due to a partially distributed heat supply, Journal of Thermal Stresses, 20 (1997), 203-225. https://doi.org/10.1080/01495739708956099
- Eduardo, Divo. and Alain, J. Kassab, Generalized boundary integral equation for heat conduction in nonhomogeneous media, recent developments on the sifting property, Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, 22 (3) (1998), 221-234. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0955-7997(98)00037-X
- Bao-Lin Wang and Yiu-Wing Mai, Transient one-dimensional heat conduction problems solved by finite element, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 47 (2) (2005), 301-317.
- Cheng-Hung Huang and Hsin-HsienWu, An inverse hyperbolic heat conduction problem in estimating surface heat flux by the conjugate gradient method, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 39 (18) (2006).
- Zhengzhu Dong, Weihong Peng, Jun Li, Fashan Li, Thermal Bending of Circular Plates for Non- Axisymmetrical Problems, World Journal of Mechanics, 1 (2011), 44-49. https://doi.org/10.4236/wjm.2011.12006
- K. R. Gaikwad and K. P. Ghadle, Nonhomogeneous Heat Conduction Problem and Its Thermal Deflection Due to Internal Heat Generation in a Thin Hollow Circular Disk, Journal of Thermal Stresses, 35 (6) (2012), 485-498. https://doi.org/10.1080/01495739.2012.671744
- K. R. Gaikwad, Analysis of Thermoelastic Deformation of a Thin Hollow Circular Disk Due to Partially Distributed Heat Supply, Journal of Thermal Stresses, 36 (3) (2013), 207-224. https://doi.org/10.1080/01495739.2013.765168
- Ozisik, N. M.: Boundary Value Problem of Heat Conduction, 84-101 International Textbook Company, Scranton, Pennsylvania, 1968.