- Volume 21 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
반전력빔폭을 이용한 전방향성 안테나의 수중 환경 수직 평면 감쇠 모델
Underwater E-plane Attenuation Model of Omnidirectional Antenna Using Half Power Beam Width (HPBW)
- 곽경민 (서울과학기술대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 박대길 (포항공과대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 김영현 (서울과학기술대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 정완균 (포항공과대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 김진현 (서울과학기술대학교 기계공학과)
- Kwak, Kyungmin (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Park, Daegil (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Pohang University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Younghyeon (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Chung, Wan Kyun (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Pohang University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Jinhyun (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- 투고 : 2015.08.16
- 심사 : 2015.10.06
- 발행 : 2015.11.01
In this paper, we use the characteristics of electromagnetic waves underwater attenuation for estimating linear distance between a transmitting node and receiving node, and research underwater vertical plane attenuation model for constructing the underwater localization system. The underwater localization of 2 dimensional with the plane attenuation model in the horizontal plane (H-plane) was proposed previous research. But for the 3 dimensional underwater localization, the additional vertical plane (E-plane) model should be considered. Because the horizontal plane of omnidirectional antenna has the same attenuation tendency in x-y plane according to the distance, whereas in vertical plane shows an irregular pattern in x-z plane. For that reason, in the vertical plane environment, the attenuation should be changed by the position and inclination. Hence, in this paper the distance and angle between transmitting and receiving node are defined using spherical coordinate system and derive an antenna gain pattern using half power beam width (HPBW). The HPBW is called a term which defines antenna's performance between isotropic and other antennas. This paper derives omnidirectional antenna's maximum gain and attenuation pattern model and define vertical plane's gain pattern model using HPBW. Finally, experimental verifications for the proposed underwater vertical plane's attenuation model was executed.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 산업통상자원부
- Paull, L. Saeedi, S. Seto, M. Li, H., "AUV navigation and localization: A review," Oceanic Engineering, IEEE Journal of vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 131-149, 2014
- Fallon, M. F. Folkesson, J. McClelland, H. Leonard, J. J., "Relocating underwater features autonomously using sonar based SLAM," Oceanic Engineering, IEEE Journal of no. 3, pp. 500-513, 2013.
- X. Che, I. Wells, G. Dickers, P. Kear, and X. Gong, "Re-evaluation of rf electromagnetic communication in underwater sensor networks," Communications Magazine, IEEE, vol. 48, no. 12, pp. 143-151, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2010.5673085
- D. G. Park, J. Kim, and W. K. Chung, "Simulated 3D underwater localization based on RF sensor model using EKF," Proc. of Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence (8th URAI), pp. 832-833, 2011.
- B. Zerr, G. Mailfert, A. Bertholom, and H. Ayreault, "Sidescan sonar image processing for AUV navigation," Proc. of Oceans 2005, vol. 1, pp. 124-130, Europe, 2005.
- Wikipedia images, "Method of operation of a short baseline acoustic positioning system for ROV"
- Ahmed I. Al-Shamma'a, Andrew Shaw, and Saher Saman, "Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves at MHz Frequiencies Through Seawater," Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 2843-2849. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2004.834449
- J. C. Lee and S. W. Nam, "Effective area of a receiving antenna in lossy medium," Antennas and propagation, IEEE Transactions, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 1843-1845, Jun. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2009.2019988
- S.-J. Lee, K. M. Kwak, and J. Kim, "Development of two dimensional underwater localization system using rf sensors," Proc. of the 7th International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence 2010, Busan, Korea, pp. 541-543, Oct. 2010.
- D. G. Park, K. M. Kwak, W. K. Chung, and J. Kim, "Infrastructure-based localization system using underwater wireless sensor network," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 699-705, Aug. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2012.18.8.699
- K. M. Kwak and J. Kim, "Development of 3-dimensional sensor nodes using electro-magnetic waves for underwater localization," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 107-112, Feb. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.19.2.107
- D. G. Park, K. M. Kwak, W. K. Chung, and J. Kim, "Development of underwater distance sensor using EM wave attenuation," International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Karlsruhe Germany, 2013.
- H. Buck, "Engineering Electromagnetics 7th," McGraw-hill, Boston, 2006.
- C. A. Balanis, "Antenna theory : Ch. 2 Basic parameter of antenna," John Wiley, New York, 2005.