- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effects of 'K-POP' Preference of Chinese Consumers on Purchase Intention for Korean Products
중국소비자의 'K-POP' 선호도가 한국상품 구매의도에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2015.01.13
- Accepted : 2015.02.06
- Published : 2015.02.28
This study investigated the effects of 'K-POP' preference on purchase intention of Korean products. Especially, it revealed the mediating role between the participation intention of Korean culture event and the purchase intention of Korean products. Further, we examined the difference in the path relation according to the use-behavior of Korean wave contents. In this proposed model, we can see 'K-POP' preference had a positive effect on participation intention of Korean culture event, but it was not significant for purchase intention of common products. The participation in Korean culture event had significant effects on the purchase intention of Korean culture products and the purchase intention of common products. However, the purchase intention of Korean culture products had no significant effects on the purchase intention of common products. Thus, our finding showed that higher preference of 'K-POP' did not make cause purchase intention of common products. Further, the higher the preference of 'K-POP' was, the higher the participation intension of Korean culture event was and, as a result, the purchase intention of common products got higher. In addition, path analysis results according to the media usage behaviors show that Chinese consumer who uses the internet and has a higher preference of 'K-POP' had a positive effect on the purchase intention of common products. Furthermore, it has a positive effect on both purchase intension of Korean culture products and purchase intension of common products. In case of Chinese consumer who use the television, radio and newspapers, K-POP preference had no significant effect on the purchase intension of common products.
본 연구는 'K-POP' 선호도가 한국 상품의 구매의도에 미치는 효과를 고찰하고 있으며, 특히 이들 관계를 매개하는 한국문화이벤트 참여의도와 한국문화제품 구매의도의 매개효과를 고찰하였다. 그리고 나아가 이들 경로관계에서 한류 콘텐츠 이용행태별 차이에 따라 경로효과가 차이가 있는지를 확인하였다. 분석결과, 'K-POP' 선호도는 한국문화이벤트 참여의도에 긍정적인 영향을 미치는 것으로 나타났으나, 일반제품 구매의도에 유의한 영향을 미치지 않는 것으로 나타났다. 그리고 한국문화이벤트 참여는 한국문화제품 구매의도와 일반제품 구매의도에 모두 유의한 영향을 미치는 것으로 나타났다. 하지만 한국문화제품 구매의도는 일반제품 구매의도에 유의한 영향을 미치지 않는 것으로 나타났다. 결과적으로 본 연구자들은 본 연구결과를 통해 'K-POP' 선호도가 높아진다고 해서 일반제품 구매의도가 높아지는 것이 아니라, 'K-POP' 선호도가 높아지게 되면 이로 인하여 한국문화이벤트 참여의도가 높아지고, 그 결과 일반제품 구매의도가 높아진다는 새로운 사실을 확인할 수 있었다. 또한, 한류 콘텐츠 이용행태(정보이용빈도, 정보원천, 관심분야)별 차이를 분석하였다. 분석 결과에 따르면, 매체이용 행태별 차이의 경우 인터넷을 사용하는 중국소비자들은 'K-POP' 선호도가 일반제품 구매의도에도 긍정적인 영향을 미쳤으며, 한국문화제품에 대한 구매의도도 일반제품 구매의도에 긍정적인 영향을 미치는 것으로 나타났다. 반면, 정보원천이 TV, 라디오, 신문 등을 주로 이용하는 중국소비자들의 경우에는, 'K-POP' 선호도가 일반제품 구매의도에 유의한 영향을 미치지 않는 것으로 나타났다.
- S. S. Kim and M. J. Kim, "Effect of Hallyu Cultural Products in Thai Society on Enhancement of Korean National Image and Intention to visit," Korean Journal of Tourism Research, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 101-125, 2009.
- J. Y. Kim and K. M. Ahn, "Impact of K-pop on Positive Feeling Towards Korea, Consumption Behaviour and Intention to Visit from other Asian Countries," International Journal of Contents, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 516-524, 2012.
- C. H. Suh and J. Y. Yang, "The Effects of Korean Wave Contents on Country Image and Behavioral Intentions," Korea Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 1917-1938, 2012.
- S. A. Park, "Nationalism and Consumers' Attitudes toward the Korean Wave in Japan," Studies of Chinese & Korean Humanities, Vol. 27, pp. 227-252, 2009.
- H. S. Lee and S. S. Kim, "An Analysis of Determinants of Preferred Types of Korean Wave Tourism Using the Multinominal Logit Model," Journal of Tourism Sciences, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp. 203-224, 2006.
- Y. H. Kwon and D. H. Son, "Post-modern Tourist Experiences in TV Drama Locations," Journal of Tourism Sciences, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 175-192, 2004.
- Kim, J. O. Kim, N. J. Kim and C. Jeong, "Effects of the Perception of K-pop on Destination Image and Visit Intention to Korea : Focusing on Chinese Undergraduate Students," Journal of Tourism Sciences, Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 77-101, 2013.
- D. H. Ha and S. H. Hwang, "A Study on Structural Relationships among the K-pop Visitor's Perceived Service Quality, Emotional, Cognitive, Regional Image, and Revisit Intention," International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 91-107. 2014.
- J. H. Kim and C. H. Lee, "Do Chinese Consumers have Loyalty with the K-POP Groups?: Qualitative Research based on Consumer-brand Relationship Framework," The Academy of Customer Satisfaction Management, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 1-25, 2013.
- H. J. Choi and S. A. Ahn, "Clustering K-Pop Hit Songs," Review of Cultural Economics, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 3-34, 2014.
- B. C. Cho and H. C. Sim, "Sucess Factor Analysis of K-POP and A Study on sustainable Korean Wave-Focus on Smart Media based on Realistic Contents," International Journal of Contents, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 90-102, 2013.
- X. L. Qu, H. G. Kim and S. J. Lee, "Impacts of Familiarity on Preference, Perceived Risks, and Tourist Activities," International Journal of Contents, Vol. 10, No. 10, pp. 378-388, 2010.
- V. Venkatesh and F. D. Davis, "A Theoretical Extension of the Technology Acceptance Model: Four Longitudinal Field Studies," Management Science, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 186-204, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.184.108.40.20626
- J. E. Bigne, M. I. Sanchez, and J. Sanchez, "Tourism Image Evaluation Variables and after Purchase Behavior: Inter-Relationship," Tourism Management, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 607-616, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0261-5177(01)00035-8
- R. M. Kramer, "Trust and Distrust in Organizations: Emerging Perspectives, Enduring Questions," Annual Review of Psychology, Vol. 50, pp. 569-598, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.psych.50.1.569
- J. C. Nunnally and I. H. Bernstein, "Psychometric Theory," New York: McGraw-Hill, 1994.
- R. P. Bagozzi and Y. J. Yi "On the Evaluation of Structural Equation Models," Journal of Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 74-94, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02723327
- C. Fornell and D. E. Larcker, "Evaluating Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 39-50, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- H. W. Marsh and K. T. Hau "Assessing Goodness of Fit: Is Parsimony Always Desirable?," Journal of Experimental Education, Vol. 64, No. 4, pp. 364-390, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1080/00220973.1996.10806604