- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Application of rate-controlled sintering into the study of sintering behavior of boron carbide
탄화붕소 소결 거동 연구를 위한 율속제어소결의 적용
- Lee, Hyukjae (School of Materials Science and Engineering, Andong National University)
- 이혁재 (안동대학교 신소재공학부)
- Received : 2014.12.15
- Accepted : 2015.01.23
- Published : 2015.02.28
Under rate-controlled sintering, furnace power is controlled to maintain a specific specimen contraction rate. This thermal processing method guarantees continuous process with a minimum thermal energy applied over time and makes it possible to control the density of the sintered body precisely. In this study, the rate-controlled sintering is applied to the sintering of
Supported by : 안동대학교
- R.M. German, "Sintering theory and practice" (John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1996) p. 67.
- T.-S. Jun, N.-H. Park, D.-S. So, J.-W. Lee, H.-S. Lim, H. Ham and K.B. Shim, "Synthesis of graphene nanosheet without catalysts and substrates using fullerene and spark plasma sintering process", J. Korean Cryst. Growth Cryst. Technol. 23 (2013) 27. https://doi.org/10.6111/JKCGCT.2013.23.1.027
- W.D. Kingert, H.K. Bowen and D.R. Uhlmann, "Introduction to ceramics", 2nd ed. (John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1976) p. 351.
- H. Palmour III, "Rate controlled sintering of a whiteware porcelain", Ceram. Engr. Sci. 7 (1986) 7203.
- M.L. Huckabee, M.J. Paisley, R.L. Russell and H. Palmour III, "RCS-taking in the mystery out of densification profiles", Am. Ceram. Soc. Bull. 73 (1994) 73.
- G. Agarwal and R.F. Speyer, "Effect of rate controlled sintering on microstructure and electrical properties of ZnO doped with bismuth and antimony oxides", J. Mater. Res. 12 (1997) 2447. https://doi.org/10.1557/JMR.1997.0323
B.S. Chiou, C.M. Koh and J.G. Duh, "The influence of firing profiles and additives on the PTCR effect and microstructure of
$BaTiO_3$ceramics", J. Mater. Sci. 22 (1987) 3893. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01133337
- A.V. Ragulya, "Rate-controlled synthesis and sintering of nanocrystalline barium titanate powder", Nanostructured Mater. 10 (1998) 349. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0965-9773(98)00075-0
- H. Lee, B. Kim and T. Chung, "A study of the sintering bbhavior of boron carbide using in-situ high temperature dilatometer", J. Kor. Powd. Met. Inst. 21 (2014) 102. https://doi.org/10.4150/KPMI.2014.21.2.102
- H. Lee and R.F. Speyer, "Pressureless sintering of boron carbide", J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 86 (2003) 1468. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1151-2916.2003.tb03498.x
- S.L. Dole, S. Prochazka and R.H. Doremus, "Microstructural coarsening during sintering of boron carbide", J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 72 (1989) 958. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1151-2916.1989.tb06252.x