- Volume 15 Issue 23
DOI QR Code
Lung Cancer Risk Prediction Method Based on Feature Selection and Artificial Neural Network
- Xie, Nan-Nan (Computer Science and Technology College, Jilin University) ;
- Hu, Liang (Computer Science and Technology College, Jilin University) ;
- Li, Tai-Hui (Computer Science and Technology College, Jilin University)
- Published : 2015.01.06
A method to predict the risk of lung cancer is proposed, based on two feature selection algorithms: Fisher and ReliefF, and BP Neural Networks. An appropriate quantity of risk factors was chosen for lung cancer risk prediction. The process featured two steps, firstly choosing the risk factors by combining two feature selection algorithms, then providing the predictive value by neural network. Based on the method framework, an algorithm LCRP (lung cancer risk prediction) is presented, to reduce the amount of risk factors collected in practical applications. The proposed method is suitable for health monitoring and self-testing. Experiments showed it can actually provide satisfactory accuracy under low dimensions of risk factors.
- Feng Zhijun, Wu Chaoyang (2014). Analysis of Related Facrtors of Radiation Pneumonitis in Locally Advanced NSCLC Patients Threated with Radiotherapy. The Practical J Cancer, 4, 463-6.
- Huang Meng, Chen Xing, Qiu Yue-feng et al (2011). Study on influencing factors and their interactions for lung cancer. Chin J Dis Control Prev, 2, 91-4.
- Huang Lili, Tang Jin, Sun Dengdi et al (2012). Feature selection algorithm based on multi-label ReliefF. J Computer Applications, 10, 2888-91.
- Jin Zhong, Hu Zhongshan, Yang Jingyu (1999). A Face Recognition Method Based on the BP Neural Network. J Computer Res Development, 3, 274-7.
- Kawsar Ahmed, Adbullah-Al-Emran, Tasnuba Jesmin et al (2013). Early Detection of Lung Cancer Risk Using Data Mining, Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 1, 595-9. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.1.595
- Mao Yong, Zhou Xiaobo, Xia Zheng et al (2007). A Survey for Study of Feature Selection Algorithms. PR&AI, 2, 211-8.
- Su Qiang, Ma Ni'na, Yu Jing et al (2014). Risk Factors of Advanced Non-small Lung Cancer with Pulmonary Infection. Cancer Res Prev Treat, 1, 31-4.
- Thunyarat Anothaisintawee, Yot Teerawattananon, Cholatip Wiratkapun et al (2014). Development and Validation of a Breast Cancer Risk Prediction Model for Thai Women: A Cross-Sectional Study. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 6811-7. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.16.6811
- Wang Juan, Ci Linlin, Yao Kangze (2005). A Survey of feature Selection. Computer Engineering&Science, 12, 68-71.
- Wang Sa, Zheng Lian (2007). Feature selection method based on Fisher Criterion and feature clustering. Computer Applications, 11, 2812-4.
- Zeng Bixin, Ye Xiangyun (1996). Application of BP neural network approach on predicting of cancer mortality. Systems Engineering Theory Methodology Applications, 3, 78-80.
- Artificial Neural Network pp.1071-5754, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1097/WON.0000000000000388