- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Hospital Nurses' Recognition of the Team System and Effects on the Nursing Organizational Team System
병원의 간호팀제운영에 따른 간호사의 인식과 효과 비교
- Park, Kwang-Ok (Department of Nursing, Sunchon National University) ;
- Park, Sung Hee (Department of Nursing, Kyungmin College) ;
- Yu, Mi (College of Nursing, Gyeongsang National University)
- Received : 2014.05.09
- Accepted : 2014.08.25
- Published : 2014.09.30
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to identify hospital nurses' recognition of the team system and the effectiveness of the team system as an organizational structure. Methods: A self-report questionnaire was used to collect data from 247 general hospital nurses during 4 months in 2013. Analysis was done using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson correlation coefficients and factor analysis with SPSS 18.0. program Results: There was no significant difference in nurses' recognition of team structure (t=2.06, p=.153) or effect of team structure (t=0.36, p=.549) according to use of team system. In hospitals with a team system, there were positive correlations between recognition of the effect of the team system and age (r=.25, p=.033), and total clinical career (r=.26, p=.012). In hospitals not using a team system, nurses' recognition of team structure as an organizational system (r=.31, p<.001), nurses' recognition of team structure, total (r=.30 p<.001) correlated significantly with the effects of team system. Conclusion: Results of this study provide a retrospection view of the team system in nursing organizational systems. The nursing team system's ultimate goal needs to be confirmed for complementary nursing care. Also, more studies on nurses' perceptions of, and effectiveness of the team system are necessary.
- Oh SY, Kim BS. A study of the substance of the team system operation and the effectiveness of the team system in Korean government. Journal of Korean Association for Public Administration. 2009;47(1):133-158.
- Park WW. Team system in Korea: Characteristics, effectiveness, and future directions. Journal of Korean Business Administration. 2007;41:59-97.
- Park KO. Team Managers' experience with a team system in the hospital. Journal of Korean Academy Society of Nursing Education. 2012;18(3):486-498. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.3.486
- Choi SY, Nam EW. The influences of a team system's introduction to hospital organization, regarding job satisfaction and organization commitment. 2000;5(1):232-271.
- Kim SH. Nursing organizational culture, team effectiveness, patient's satisfaction in a team-centered hospital[master's thesis]. Seoul: Ewha Womans University; 2004.
- Kim TR, An HJ. The influence of organizational effectiveness by team system. Journal of Korean Association for Public Administration. 2007;19(1):1-21.
- Lee EJ. Change in organizational characteristics and job satisfaction by the adoption of the new organizational structure 'team framework' at a university hospital [master's thesis]. Seoul; Seoul National University: 2000.
- Lee KY, Kim DW. The research for the rationality and justification as introduction factors of team system. Journal of Business Administration Research. 2001; 30: 1009-1035.
- Park SH, Ju HJ, Park KK. A study on incongruence of the team-based system in the bureaucratic context. A study on Korean Public Administration. 2007;16(3):3-29.
- Shin TH, Won IS. The research for utilization and effectiveness of team system in domestic industry. Journal of Human Resource Administration Research. 1995;19:259-1035.
- Shin CW, Lee DW. The empirical study related to the causes of failure in team system in Korean business. Journal of Korean Business Administration. 2002;33:249-269.
- Faul F, Erdfelder E, Lang AG, Buchner A. G*Power 3: A flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences. Behavioral Research Methods. 2007 May; 39(2):175-191. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- Park CH, Lee CH. An exploratory study on the benefits team system. Korean Public Administration Quarterly. 2006;18(4): 1003-1028.
- Kang HC. A guide on the use of factor analysis in the assessment of construct validity. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2013;43(5):587-594. http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.5.587 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.5.587
- Hair JF, Anderson RE, Tatham RL, Black WC. Multivariate data analysis (5th ed.). New York, NY: Prentice Hall International; 1998.
- Chang CW, Park SA. The relationships between the hospital's organizational pattern for nursing, organizational characteristics perceived by nurses and their job satisfaction. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 1993;23(3):397-416.
- Yu BS, Yu BN. An empirical study on the strategic factors and processes for patient focus value(Focus on team-based organization). The Journal of Training and Development. 2007; 15:457-473.
- Park KO. Yi MS. Nurses' experience of career ladder program in a general hospital. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2011;41(5):581-592. http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.5.581 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.5.581
- Levi D. Group dynamics for teams, London, Sage Publication; 2001.
- Katzenbach JR, Smith DK. The wisdom of teams: Creating high-performance organization. New York, NY: Harper Business Essentials; 1994.
- Kim SY, Kim EK, Lim HM, Lee MY, Park KO, Lee KA. Structural equation modeling on nursing productivity of nurses in Korea. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2013;43(1): 20-29. http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.1.20 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.1.20