- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study on Solid Propellant Grain Burn-back Analysis Using Analytical Method
Analytical Method를 이용한 고체 추진제 그레인의 Burn-back 연구
- Sohn, Jihyun (Department of Aerospace Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Jang, Jinsung (Department of Aerospace Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Oh, Seokhwan (Department of Aerospace Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Roh, Taeseong (Department of Aerospace Engineering, Inha University)
- Received : 2013.12.11
- Accepted : 2014.05.17
- Published : 2014.06.01
The grain burn-back analysis has been performed for the internal ballistics analysis code to be used for the optimal design of the space launch vehicles. The grain burn-back has been used to calculate the burning surface that is essential to the internal ballistics. The calculation of internal ballistics code used in the optimal design is repeated until satisfying the required performance through the change of the design parameter. Therefore, the burn-back method applied to the internal ballistics analysis should be easy to change the design parameter and calculation time should be short. In this study, a burn-back analysis code has been developed using the analysis method. Also, geometric parameters of the grain have been selected and organized. The developed code has been verified by comparison of results of a numerical method.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Acik, S., "Internal Ballistic Design Optimization of a Solid Rocket Motor," Middle East Technical University, Degree of Master of Science, MAY, 2010.
- Hartfield, R., Jenkins, R., Burkhalter, J. and Foster, W., "A Reveiw of Analytical Methods for Solid Rocket Motor Grain Analysis," 39th Joint Propulsion Conference and Exhibit, AIAA 2003-4506, 2003.
- Planells, R.C. and Guerrero, M.S., "Study of Grain Burnback and Performance of Solid Rocket Motors," Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Project Report, IANUARY, 2013.