- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of Supportive Education Program for Hospice Patients's Family
호스피스환자 가족을 위한 지지적 교육프로그램의 효과
- Lee, Tae Yeon (Keimyung University Dongsan Hospital) ;
- Kwon, Yunhee (Department of Nursing, Hyechon College)
- Received : 2013.08.09
- Accepted : 2013.12.04
- Published : 2014.05.31
Purpose: The aim of this study was examine effects of fatigue, anxiety, depression, social support, and spiritual well-being of supportive education program for hospice patients's family. Method: Using a non-equivalent control group pre-post quasi-experimental design, 70 study subjects were assigned into two groups, experimental group (n=35) and the control group (n=35). Measures were fatigue, state-anxiety, depression, social support, and spiritual well-being to test for the effects of supportive education program for hospice patients's family. Data analyzed using
- Cho, J. M. (2011). The relationship among social support, stress, and depression of the family of the hospitalized elderly patients in a general hospital. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Choi, E. S., & Kim, K. S. (2012). Experiences of family caregivers of patients with terminal cancer. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 42(2), 280-290. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.2.280
- Choi, J. R. (2009). The effects of an informational support program on social support, depression, and anxiety for family caregivers of patients with terminal Cancer. Unpublished master's thesis, Daegu Catholic University, Daegu.
- Choi, S. S. (1990). A correlational study on spiritual wellness, hope and perceived health status of urban adults. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Kim. H. R. (1995). Fatigue and its rented factors in patients on hemodialysis. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 26(1), 53-72.
- Kim, J. H. (1995). An effect of guided imagery applied to hemodialysis patients. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Kim. J. N., Shin, Y. S., Khang, M. S., Khang, Y. S., Kho, Y. A., & Kwon, Y. H., et al, (2011). Community health nursing. Soomoonsa Publishing, Seoul.
- Kim, J. T., & Shin, D. G. (1978). A study based on the standardization of the STAI for Korea. The New Medical Journal, 21(11), 69-75.
- Kim, M. J. (2005). A study on the effect of hospice specialist's social support on relief of stress in family member : focused on intermediating effects for family suppoert and spiritual well-being. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Ko, S. H., & Kim, H. K. (2005). The knowledge and needs of hospice for inpatients' family. The Korean Journal of Hospice and Palliative Care, 8(2), 131-142.
- Lee, A. K., Hicks, G., & Nino-Mucria, G. (1991). Validity and reliability of a scale to assess fatigue. Phychiatry Research, 36, 291-298. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-1781(91)90027-M
- Lee, H. W., Kim, J. N., & Park, M. H. (2001). Effect of informational support by hospice team on family caregivers of terminally ill cancer patient. Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, 12, 175-186.
- Lee, J. S. (2006). The development & evaluation of the caregiving stress management program for families of terminal cancer patients. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Korea University, Seoul.
- Lee, K. S. (2005). Palliative medicine. Koonja Publishing, Seoul.
- Lee, Y. S., Heo, D. S., Kim, M. R., Kim, W. K., & Choi, J. Y. (2004). The single-session group education for advanced & terminal cancer patients and their family members. The Korean Journal of Hospice and Palliative Care, 7(1), 64-72.
- Mangan, P. A., Taylor, K. L., Yabroff, K. R., Fleming, D. A., & Ingham, J. M. (2003). Caregiving near the end of life: unmet needs and potential solution. Palliative and Supportive Care, 1, 247-259.
- National Cancer Center (2011). Material of hospice. Retrieved April 27, 2012, from http://ncc.re.kr/
- Neunderfer, M. M. (1991). Family caregivers of the frail elderly:Impact of caregiving on their health and implications for intervention. Family Community Health, 4, 49-58.
- Nijboer, C., Tempelaar, R., Triemstra, M., Van den Bos, G., & Sanderman, R. (2001). The role social and psychologic resources in caregiving of cancer patient. Cancer, 91, 1029-1039. https://doi.org/10.1002/1097-0142(20010301)91:5<1029::AID-CNCR1094>3.0.CO;2-1
- Paloutzian, R. F., & Ellison, C. W. (1982). Loneliness, spiritual well-being & the quality of life. In L. A. Peplau, D. Perman(Eds), Loneliness: A source-book of current theory research & therapy. New York: John Wiley & Sones Inc.
- Park, T., Ra, J. R., Seo, I. O., Cho, Y. Y., Choi, S. K., & Park, M. H. (1999). The satisfaction of inpatient families and bereaved families in the hospice service. The Korean Journal of Hospice and Palliative Care, 2, 91-100.
- Paice, J. A. (2002). Managing psychological conditions in palliative care. American Journal of Nursing, 102, 36-42.
- Song, O. H. (1977). A study of the self-raitng depression scale in psychiatric out-clinic patient. Journal of Korean Neuropsychiatric, 16(1), 84-93.
- Spielberger, C. D. (1975). Anxiety: State-trait process. New York: John Wiley and Sons Inc.
- Weinert, C. (1988). Revision and further development of a social support measure: the personal resource questionnaire. Measurement of Nursing Outcomes, 1, 309-327.
- Weitzner, M. A., Jacobsen, P. B., Wagner, H., Friedland, J., & Cox, C. (1999). The caregiver quality of life index-cancer (CQOLC) scale: development and validation of an instrument to measure quality of life of the family caregiver of patients with cancer. Quality of Life Research, 8, 55-63. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1026407010614
- World Health Organization. (2002). National cancer control programmes: policies and managerial guidelines (2nd ed). Geneva: World Health Organization.
- Yoo. S. K. (2004). Burden and social Support of family caregiver in caring of terminal cancer Patients. Unpublished master's thesis, Konyang University, Nonsan.
- Zung, W. W. (1965). A self-rating depression scale. Archive of General Psychiatry, 12, 63-70. https://doi.org/10.1001/archpsyc.1965.01720310065008
- Enduring Through the Suffering of Life vol.17, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1097/NJH.0000000000000191