- Volume 47 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effect of Cattle-Manure Application on Soil Chemical Properties and Crop Yields in Rice-Forage Cropping System
- Lee, Yejin (Soil and Fertilizer division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Yun, Hong-Bae (Soil and Fertilizer division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Sung, Jwa-Kyung (Soil and Fertilizer division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Ha, Sang-Keun (Soil and Fertilizer division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Song, Yo-Sung (Soil and Fertilizer division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Sonn, Yeon-Kyu (Soil and Fertilizer division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Lee, Deog-Bae (Soil and Fertilizer division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA)
- Received : 2014.09.23
- Accepted : 2014.11.19
- Published : 2014.12.31
The steady increase in livestock industry has greatly required the stable production of food and forage crops. As an alternative, rice-forage cropping system has been attempted in several southern areas. The present study was performed to understand whether an application of cattle-manure compost affects soil chemical properties and crop productivity in rice-forage cropping system, rice
Supported by : Rural Development Administration
- Buyanovsky G.A and G.H. Wagner. 1986. Post-harvest residue input to cropland. Plant and soil. 93:57-65. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02377145
- Jeong, J.H., B.W. Sin and C.H. Yoo. 2001. Effects of the successive application of organic matters on soil properties and rice yields. Korean J. Soil. Sci. Fert. 34(2):129-133.
- Jung, M.W., Y.C. Lim, S.H. Yoon, K.C. Choi, M.J. Kim, W.H. Kim, K.W. Lee and W.B. Yook. 2011. Effect of application of composted cattle manure on forage productivity in double cropping system of Italian ryegrass-Whole crop rice. Journal of animal science and technology. 53(5):469-474. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2011.53.5.469
- National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology (NIAST). 2006. Fertilizer recommendation for Each Crop in Soil Testing. NIAST. Suwon. Korea.
- NIAST. 2000. Method of soil and plant analysis. National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Noh, J.H., H.C. Lee, Y.J. Kim, S.S. Park and J.S. Lee. 2013. The effect of cattle manure application on dry matter yield, feed value and stock carrying capacity of forage crops in Gang-Wondo area. Korean J. Organic Agri. 21(2):247-263. https://doi.org/10.11625/KJOA.2013.21.2.247
- Seo, S., W.H. Kim, J.G. Kim, G.J. Choi, J.M. Ko and S.G. Lim. 2007. Selection of promising forage crops and variety for forage production in paddy field. 3.Yeongnam region (Milyang). J. Korean Grassl. Sci. 27(2):85-92. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2007.27.2.085
- Song, T.H., T.I. Park, H.J. Kang, H.H. Park, O.K. Han, S.K. Cho, Y.J. Oh, Y.W. Jang, J.H. Roh and K.G. Park. 2014. Forage productivity and feed value in triple cropping systems with winter forage crops-silage corn-summer oat cultivation at paddy field in southern region of Korea. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 34(2):87-93. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2014.34.2.87
- Song, Y.S., W.K. Park, Y.J. Lee, J.S. Lee and H.B. Yun. 2011. Estimation of nitrogen optimum level for rice planting after italian ryegrass cultivation. Korean J. Soil. Sci. Fert. 44(3):448-451. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.3.448
- Whalen, J.K., C. Chang and B.M. Olson. 2001. Nitrogen and phosphorus mineralization potentials of soils receiving repeated annual cattle manure applications. Biol Fertil Soils. 34:334-341. https://doi.org/10.1007/s003740100416
- Woo, B.J., M.K. Jung, M.G. Lee and H.J. Kim. 2011. A study on establishing rice replacing forage crops using-system, KREI, Seoul, Korea.