- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
인과지도에 기반한 주파수공유 생태계 활성화 정책 설계
Policy Design to Vitalize Spectrum Sharing Ecosystem : A System Dynamics Approach
- Song, Hee Seok (MIS Dept. Hannam University) ;
- Kim, Jae Kyung (MIS Dept. Hannam University) ;
- Kim, Taehan (Creative Future Research Laboratory, ETRI)
- 투고 : 2014.11.14
- 심사 : 2014.12.14
- 발행 : 2014.12.31
Demand of spectrum resource is tremendously increasing recently and this trend will continues in the future due to the wide spread of IT services based on cloud computing and Internet of Things technology and as well as smart devices. Recently, spectrum sharing technology has drawn attention to the spectrum policy makers as a promising way to overcome the shortage problem of scarce spectrum resource. To succeed in commercialization of spectrum sharing technology, it is necessary to prospect the future business ecosystem of spectrum sharing and develop appropriate policies and laws at the same time along with the advance of spectrum sharing technology. The purpose of this paper is to analyze casual relationships between enablers in future business ecosystem of spectrum sharing and propose policies to vitalize spectrum sharing ecosystem based on a system dynamics causal map proposed in the previous research. With the causal map and system dynamics method, it is possible to analyze feedback loops exist in the business ecosystem of spectrum sharing and build policies which optimize positive dynamics in business ecosystem of spectrum sharing. As a result, policy leverages were found in four areas; spectrum supply, spectrum demand, spectrum quality and technology, and spectrum transaction cost. For those policy leverages, 13 policies were identified and intervention timing for each policy was discussed. Finally, the promotion policies of government and market participants to vitalize spectrum sharing ecosystem were discussed.
연구 과제번호 : 모바일 빅뱅 시대의 주파수 효율 개선 핵심기술 개발
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 정보통신기술진흥센터
- Anker, P., "Cognitive radio, the market and the regulator", Proceedings of the IEEE Symposia on New Frontiers in Dynamic Spectrum Access, Networks(DYSPAN) held in Singapore, 2010.
- Ballon, P. and S. Delaere, "Flexible spectrum and future business models for the mobile industry", Telematics and Informatics, Vol.26, 2009, 249-258. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tele.2008.11.006
- Berg, K., A. Klemettila, M. Uusitalo, and C. Wijting, "Evaluating the Economic Impact of Cognitive Radio with a Three-player Oligopoly Model", IEEE Dyspan, 2011.
- Chapin, J.M. and W.H. Lehr, "The Path to Market Success for Dynamic Spectrum Access Technology", IEEE Communications Magazine, 2007.
- Delaere, S. and P. Ballon, "The business model impact of flexible spectrum management and cognitive networks", INFO, Vol.9, No.5, 2007, 59-67.
- Forrester, J.W., Principles of Systems, Cambridge, 1968.
- Goodman, M.R., Study Notes in System Dynamics, Productivity Press, 1989.
- Jung, J., H.S. Kim, H.R. Choi, S.G. Hong, "Critical Success Factors of RTE Based on Policy Leverage of System Dynamics", Information Systems Research, Vol.16, No.4, 2007, 177-194.
- KCA, Analysis on Economic Effect of Spectrum Lease System, Korea Communications Agency, 2009.
- KCC, Report of Medium-and Long-term Plan, Korea Communications Commission, 2008.
- KCC, Report of Kwang Gae Tou Plan, Korea Communications Commission, 2012.
- Kim, D.H., T.H. Moon, D.H. Kim, System Dynamics, Dae Young Cultures, 2000.
- KISDI, Study on Specturm Management Model for Spectrum Sharing Technology Application, Korea Information Society Development Institute, 2010.
- Lee, S.H., "Policy Trend of Spectrum Transaction System", Information and Communication Polity, Vol.16, No.2, 2004, 1-19
- Lee, T.-P., "Examining local social welfare policy implementation using system dynamics perspective", Proceedings of 23rd international conference of the system dynamics society, 2005.
- Lyneis, J.M. and D.N. Ford, "System dynamics applied to project management : a survey, assessment, and directions for future research", System Dynamics Review, Vol.23, No.2/3, 2007, 157-189. https://doi.org/10.1002/sdr.377
- MOS, ICT and Future Planning, Report of Basic Spectrum Promotion Plan, Ministry of Science, 2014.
- Richardson, G. and Pugh, A., Introduction to System Dynamics Modelling, Productivity Press, 1981.
- Richardson, G.P., Feedback Thought in Social Science and Systems Theory, Philadelphia, 1991.
- Sterman, J.D., Business dynamics : Systems thinking and modeling for a complex world, McGraw-Hill, 2000.
- Song, H.S. and T. Kim, "Analysis of Future Spectrum Sharing Ecosystem Based on Causal Map", Journal of information technology applications and management, Vol.20, No.4, 2013, 19-31.
- Xavier, P. and D. Ypsilanti, "Policy issues in spectrum trading", INFO, Vol.8, No.2, 2006, 34-61. https://doi.org/10.1108/14636690610653581
- Yeo, J.H., D.M. Lim, and I.J. Lee, Study on Specturm Management Model for Spectrum Sharing Technology Application, Korea Information Society Development Institute, 2009.