- Volume 3 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Reduction Design of End Edge Effect in Stationary Discontinuous Armature PMLSM combined with Skewed Magnets and Stair Shape Auxiliary Teeth
- Kim, Min-Seok (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, CHOSUN University) ;
- Kim, Yong-Jae (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, CHOSUN University)
- Received : 2014.10.04
- Accepted : 2014.11.13
- Published : 2014.12.01
In recent years, a permanent magnet linear synchronous motor (PMLSM) has been used in various kinds of transportation applications for its relative high power density and efficiency. The general transportation system arranges the armature on the full length of transportation lines. However, when this method is applied to long distance transportation system, it causes increase of material cost and manufacturing time. Thus, in order to resolve this problem, we suggested stationary discontinuous armature PMLSM. However, the stationary discontinuous armature PMLSM contains the edges which always exist as a result of the discontinuous arrangement of the armature. These edges become a problem because the cogging force that they exert bad influences the controllability of the motor. Therefore, in this paper we proposed the combination of skewed magnets and stair shape auxiliary teeth to reduce the force by edge effect. Moreover, we analyzed the influence of the design factors by using a 3-D finite element method (FEM) simulation tool.
- R. Hellinger and P. Mnich, "Linear Motor-Powered Transportation: History, Present Status, and Future Outlook," in Proc. Of the IEEE, vol. 97, no.11, pp. 1892-1900, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2009.2030249
- P. Hammond, "Linear Motion Electromagnetic Systems," Electronics and Power, vol. 32, Is. 2, pp.169, 1986.
- B. M. Perreault, "Optimizing Operation of Segmented Stator Linear Synchronous Motors," in Proc. of the IEEE, vol. 97, no. 11, pp. 1777-1785, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2009.2030234
- A.H. Isfahani, "Analytical Framework for Thrust Enhancement in Permanent-Magnet (PM) Linear Synchronous Motors with Segmented PM Poles," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 1116-1122, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2009.2036993
- Y. Kim and H. Dohmeki, "Driving characteristics analysis of stationary discontinuous armature permanent magnet linear synchronous motor for factory automation systems," ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, vol. 89, no. 8, pp. 617-627, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00202-007-0072-4
- T. Ishikawa and G.R. Slemon, "A method of reducing ripple torque in permanent magnet motors without skewing," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 2028-2031, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.250808
- S. Y. Jung, "Characteristic Analysis and Design of Steel-Cored Permanent Magnet Linear Synchronous Motor for High Thrust Force," Doctoral thesis, pp. 72-74, 2003.