- Volume 13 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Decision-Making of Casting Process using Expert System
전문가 시스템을 이용한 주조법 결정
- Kim, Jong-Do (Department of Mechanical Design, Kyungnam College of Information & Technology) ;
- Yoon, Moon-Chul (Mechanical Automotive Engineering, Pukyong National Univ.)
- Received : 2014.09.18
- Accepted : 2014.12.18
- Published : 2014.12.31
In industry, several casting process are widely used to manufacture complex and accurate blank part of hard materials such as aluminum, casting steels, bronze and magnesium alloys which are difficult to manufacture in a blank shape. Even if the casting process does not high accuracy superior surface characteristics other machining process, the casting process is widely used in manufacturing blank part. Furthermore, it is difficult to select appropriate casting process a part among several casting process. for effective selection different process, a careful decision given casting application is necessary. An appropriate casting for a given material and shape condition must be selected for novice engineers in industry. In this paper, an expert system based on an analytic network process(ANP) is suggested for best selection of casting considering a prior interdependency effect among various factors such as material, geometry, process capability, economy and equipment.
- Lim. Y. H., Nontraditional Machining, Gijun Press Co., Seoul, 1990.
- Kalpakjian. S., Schmid. S., Manufacturing Engineering and Technology, Prentice Hall, 2006.
- Yoon. M. C., "Development of Expert System for the Diagnostic of NTM Decision-making", J. of KSMTE, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 94-100, 2010.
- Saaty. T. L., Analytic Hierachy Process, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1980.
- Chakroborty. S. and Dey. S., "Design of an Analytic-hierarchy-process-bases Expert System for Non-traditional Machining Process Selection", Int. J. Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 31, No. 5-6, pp. 490-500, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-005-0216-5
- Chakroborty. S. and Dey. S., "QFD-based Expert System for Non-traditional Machining Processes Selection Expert Systems with Applications", Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 1208-1217, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2006.02.010
- Chakladar, N. and Chakroborty. S., "A Digraph-based Expert System for Nontraditional Machin-ing Processes Selection", Int. J. Advanced Manufacturing Technology, DOI 10.1007/s001170-008-1713-0, 2008.
- Chakroborty. S. and Banik D., "Design of a Material Handing Equipment Selection Model using Analytic hierarchy Process", Int. J. Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 28, pp. 1237-1245, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-004-2467-y