- Volume 17 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
EXTENSION OF AUSMPW+ SCHEME FOR TWO-FLUID MODEL
- Park, Jin Seok (DEPARTMENT OF AEROSPACE ENGINEERING, SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY) ;
- Kim, Chongam (DEPARTMENT OF AEROSPACE ENGINEERING, SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY)
- Received : 2013.06.08
- Accepted : 2013.07.29
- Published : 2013.09.25
The present paper deals with the extension of AUSMPW+ scheme into two-fluid model for multiphase flow. AUSMPW+ scheme is the improvement of a single-phase AUSM+ scheme by designing pressure-based weighting functions to prevent oscillations near a wall and shock instability after a strong shock. Recently, Kitamura and Liou assessed a family of AUSM-type schemes with two-fluid model governing equations [K. Kitamura and M.-S. Liou, Comparative study of AUSM-Family schemes in compressible multi-phase flow simulations, ICCFD7-3702 (2012)]. It was observed that the direct application of the single-phase AUSMPW+ did not provide satisfactory results for most of numerical test cases, which motivates the current study. It turns out that, by designing pressure-based weighting functions, which play a key role in controlling numerical diffusion for two-fluid model, problems reported in can be overcome. Various numerical experiments validate the proposed modification of AUSMPW+ scheme is accurate and robust to solve multiphase flow within the framework of two-fluid model.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- M.-S. Liou and C.-H. Chang, A robust and accurate approach to computing compressible multiphase flow: Stratified flow model and AUSM+-up scheme, Journal of Computational Physics, 225, (2007), 840-873. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcp.2007.01.007
- M.-S. Liou, C.-H. Chang, C.-L. Nguyen and T. G. Theofanous, How to Solve Compressible Multifluid Equations: A Simple, Robust, and Accurate Method, AIAA Journal, 46, (2008), 2345-2356. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.34793
- M.-S. Liou, A Squel to AUSM, Part II: AUSM+up for all speeds, Journal of Computational Physics, 214, (2006), 137-170 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcp.2005.09.020
- K. H. Kim, C. Kim and O. H. Rho, Methods for the accurate computations of hypersonic flows: I. AUSMPW+Scheme, Journal of Computational Physics, 174, (2001), 38-80. https://doi.org/10.1006/jcph.2001.6873
- K. H. Kim and C. Kim, Accurate, efficient and monotonic numerical methods for multi-dimensional compressible flows: Part I: Spatial discretization, Journal of Computational Physics, 208, (2005), 527-569. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcp.2005.02.021
- K. Kitamura and M.-S. Liou, Comparative Study of AUSM-Family Schemes in Compressible Multiphase Flow Simulations, Proceedings of ICCFD7, Big Island, Hawaii 2012.
- S.-W. Ihm and C. Kim, Computations of homogeneous-equilibrium two-phase flows with accurate and efficient shock-stable schemes, AIAA Journal, 46, (2008), 3012-3037. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.35097
- S.-H. Han, J.-I Lee and K. H. Kim, Accurate and robust pressure weight advection upstream splitting method for magnetohydrodynamics equations, AIAA Journal, 47, (2009), 970-981. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.39375
- J. Stuhmiller, The Influence of Interfacial Pressure Forces on the Character of Two-Phase Flow Model Equations, International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 3, (1977), 551-560. https://doi.org/10.1016/0301-9322(77)90029-5
- H. B. Stewart, and B. Wendroff, Two-Phase Flow: Models and Methods, Journal of Computational Physics, 3, (1984), 363-409.
- F. Harlow, and A. Amsden, Fluid Dynamics, Los Alamos Scientific Lab., Rept. LA-4700, Los Alamos, NM, 1971.
- E. Shima and K. Kitamura, Parameter-Free Simple Low-Dissipation AUSM-Family Scheme for All Speeds, AIAA Journal 49, (2011), 1693-1709. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.J050905
- R. Saurel and R. Abgrall, A Multiphase Godunov Method for Compressible Multifluid and Multiphase Flows, Journal of Computational Physics, 150, (1999), 425-467. https://doi.org/10.1006/jcph.1999.6187