- Volume 3 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Experimental investigation on vortex induced forces of oscillating cylinder at high Reynolds number
- Xu, Yuwang (State Key Laboratory of Ocean Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University) ;
- Fu, Shixiao (State Key Laboratory of Ocean Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University) ;
- Chen, Ying (State Key Laboratory of Ocean Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University) ;
- Zhong, Qian (State Key Laboratory of Ocean Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University) ;
- Fan, Dixia (State Key Laboratory of Ocean Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University)
- Received : 2013.06.10
- Accepted : 2013.07.25
- Published : 2013.09.25
Hydrodynamic characteristics of a bluff cylinder oscillating along transverse direction in steady flow were experimentally investigated at Reynolds number of
- Bishop, R.E.D. and Hassan, A.Y. (1964), "The lift and drag forces on a circular cylinder in a flowing fluid",P. Roy. Soc. London Part A, 277, 32-50. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspa.1964.0004
- Bishop, R.E.D. and Hassan, A.Y. (1964), "The lift and drag forces on a circular cylinder oscillating in a flowing fluid", P. Roy. Soc. London Part A, 277, 51-57. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspa.1964.0005
- Carberry, J., Sheridan, J. and Rockwell, D. (2001), "Forces and wake modes of an oscillating cylinder", J. Fluid. Struct., 15(3-4), 523-532. https://doi.org/10.1006/jfls.2000.0363
- Carberry, J. (2002), Wake states of a submerged oscillating cylinder and of a cylinder beneath a free-surface, Ph.D. Dissertation, Monash University, Melbourne.
- Carberry, J., Sheridan, J. and Rockwell, D. (2003), "Controlled oscillations of a cylinder: a new wake state", J. Fluid. Struct., 17(2), 337-343. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0889-9746(02)00133-0
- Carberry, J., Govardhan, R., Sheridan, J., Rockwell, D.O. and Williamson, C.H.K. (2004), "Wake states and response branches of forced and freely oscillating cylinder", Eur. J. Mech. B - Fluid., 23(1), 87-97.
- Carberry, J., Sheridan, J. and Rockwell, D. (2005), "Controlled oscillations of a cylinder: forces and wake modes", J. Fluid Mech., 538, 31-69. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112005005197
- Chaplin, J.R., Bearman, P.W., Cheng, Y., Fontaine, E., Graham, J.M.R., Herfjord, K., Huarte, F.J.H., Isherwood, M., Lambrakos, K., Larsen, C.M., Meneghini, J.R., Moe, G., Pattenden, R.J., Triantafyllou, M.S. and Willden, R.H.J. (2005), "Blind predictions of laboratory measurements of vortex-induced vibrations of a tension riser", J. Fluid. Struct., 21(1), 25-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfluidstructs.2005.05.016
- Gopalkrishnan, R. (1993), Vortex induced forces on oscillating bluff cylinder, Ph.D. Dissertation, MIT, Cambridge.
- Govardhan, R. and Williamson, C.H.K. (2000), "Modes of vortex formation and frequency response of a freely vibrating cylinder", J. Fluid Mech., 420, 85-130. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112000001233
- Larsen, C.M., Vikestad, K., Yttervik, R., Passano, E. and Baarholm, G.S. (2005), VIVANA theory manual version 3.4, Norwegian Marine Technology Research Institute, Norway.
- Mercier, J.A. (1973), Large amplitude oscillations of a circular cylinder in a low-speed stream, Ph.D., Dissertation, Stevens Institute of Technology, New Jersey.
- Morse, T.L. and Williamson, C.H.K. (2009), "Fluid forcing, wake modes, and transitions for a cylinder undergoing controlled oscillations", J. Fluid. Struct., 25(4), 697-712. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfluidstructs.2008.12.003
- Morse, T.L. and Williamson, C.H.K. (2009), "Prediction of vortex-induced vibration response by employing controlled motion". J. Fluid Mech., 634, 5-39. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112009990516
- Raghavan, K. and Bernitsas, M.M. (2011), "Experimental investigation of Reynolds number effect on vortex induced vibration of rigid circular cylinder on elastic supports", Ocean Eng., 38(5-6), 719-731 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2010.09.003
- Sarpkaya, T. (1978), "Fluid forces on oscillating cylinders", J. Waterway Port Coast. Ocean - ASCE, 104, 275-290.
- Sarpkaya, T. (2004), "A critical review of the intrinsic nature of vortex-induced vibrations", J. Fluid. Struct., 19, 389-447. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfluidstructs.2004.02.005
- Schewe, G. (1983), "On the force fluctuations acting on a circular cylinder in cross-flow from subcritical up to transcritical Reynolds ", J. Fluid Mech., 133, 265-285 https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112083001913
- Staubli, T. (1983), "A calculation of the vibration of an elastically mounted cylinder using experimental data from forced oscillation", J. Fluid. Eng. T. ASME, 105, 225-229. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3240968
- Vandiver, J.K.(2003), SHEAR7 User guide, department of ocean engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA.
- Zhao, J., Lv, L., Dong, G.H., Xie, B. and Teng, B. (2012), "Two dimensional numerical simulation of forced oscillating cylinder at subcritical Reynolds numbers", Chinese J. Comput. Mech., 29, 74-80.
- Zong, Z., Dong, J. and Li, Z.R. (2011), "Numerical simulation of two-dimensional flow around a cylinder based on the Discrete Vortex Method", China Offshore Platform, 26, 4-10 .
- A study of internal wave influence on OTEC systems vol.3, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.12989/ose.2013.3.4.309